Wrestling

Rich

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

If Vince McMahon comes back as CEO then I know I won't be watching anymore. 

He's not CEO but he is back in charge as executive chairman.  He, as controlling shareholder, essentially replaced the board of directors and they elected him to the position.

His daughter resigned as chairwoman and co-CEO.  Vince and his longtime right hand man Nick Khan are running the show again.

39 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

He's not CEO but he is back in charge as executive chairman.  He, as controlling shareholder, essentially replaced the board of directors and they elected him to the position.

His daughter resigned as chairwoman and co-CEO.  Vince and his longtime right hand man Nick Khan are running the show again.

The Saudis, McMahon, Khan. The gangs all here. I'm done. 

I met the Briscoe's on the first Jericho cruise. For such tough looking dudes, they were so kind and genuinely nice to everyone. Chatted with them a bit at one of the autograph signings, after tthat they remembered mine and my wifes names for the rest of the cruise and would greet us like old friends.  Another brother gone too soon.

25 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

I met the Briscoe's on the first Jericho cruise. For such tough looking dudes, they were so kind and genuinely nice to everyone. Chatted with them a bit at one of the autograph signings, after tthat they remembered mine and my wifes names for the rest of the cruise and would greet us like old friends.  Another brother gone too soon.

That's the general consensus from what I've seen on social media... despite their reputations from when they were younger, Jay & Mark were/are good people and even better family men.    Jay was driving his two daughters back from a cheerleading competition when they got in to this accident.  Both girls suffered serious injuries and one is potentially paralyzed so it's a pretty devastating situation for their family. 

20 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Sad. 2 died. The drivers of both vehicles. 2 In critical still last I heard and those 2 were Jays 12 and 9 yr Olds who unlike their dad, were wearing seatbelts.  RIP Jay Briscoe. Never did get the national attention he deserved cuz Jay and Mark were entertaining as hell and from all accounts, good dudes regardless of past things said when way younger. RIP to Jay and to one of if not the best tag teams over the last 20 years now. 38 and been doing it for 20 years. Will be missed. 

Edited by Goalie

Apparently Warner Brothers wouldn't allow AEW to air any kind tribute to Jay Briscoe, due to past homophobic comments that he apologized repeatedly for.  

23 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

Apparently Warner Brothers wouldn't allow AEW to air any kind tribute to Jay Briscoe, due to past homophobic comments that he apologized repeatedly for.  

Yeah it's not a good look for WBD, considering they have no issues partnering up with Dana White for his ridiculous Power Slap promotion (which they are using AEW as a lead-in for).

Dana was just recorded slapping the s**t out of his wife in a Mexican bar on New years and they stayed silent so that's OK I guess.  Old tweets, that have since been apologized and atoned for are worthy of a lifetime ban though. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

If anyone wants a good laugh,  Jim Cornette has several videos talking about the many lies of Hulk Hogan which are hilarious.   I never realized the Hulkster is either suffering from dementia or has always been a chronic liar.