Wrestling

Rich

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched Wrestlemania this weekend. Some of the matches like Becky Lynch vs Bianca Belair & Cody Rhodes vs Seth Rollins were outstanding. Others like Sammy Zayn vs Johnny Knoxville were cringeworthy. Zayn looks like he doesn't work out anymore being skinny with a gut. Not that he has ever looked like he spent any time in a gym, anyway.

Speaking of cringeworthy, what the hell kind of a match was that with Pat MacAfee & Vince McMahon? MacAfee looked surprisingly good vs Austin Theory & then was forced to job for a 75 year old McMahon who had no business being in the ring at his age. Leave it to Steve Austin to come out to try & save that stinker by slapping around Theory, then putting the Stone Cold Stunner on Vince twice failing both times. The first time Vince timed his jump back too early & he fell back against the ropes. The second time McMahon appeared to slip & just fell down. 

Bobby Lashley slayed Omos who has sloth like speed & I'll say it here now. In 6 months, it'll be Omos Who? if he doesn't start improving. The guy can't wrestle. 

The big match for the unification of the two heavyweight titles was a dud which had a quick but not really a surprising ending.  Vince's push of Roman Reigns continues so no surprise he won but fans are getting pissed off. Reigns needs to drop the title soon. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Aew has storylines?

No. Only punk gets them BUT can't wait for the next debut who Won't be on TV the week later or lose to some 160 pound vanilla midget 

Aew is fake wrestling at its finest with guys who look like my 7 year old daughter could woop their ass 

Production? Its not close. Wwe is way beyond anything aew will ever be. Aew makes 3500 seat arenas look like smoke filled bingo halls. Meanwhile wwe using CGI. I mean really. 

Lol aew lost 100 million dollars last year. They avg 970 000 viewers. They are beyond awful and everything that is wrong with wrestling these days. Bunch of skinny midgets really 

Wrestlemania? Thoroughly sports entertained 

Honestly AEW is just some indy fed run by a rich kids son that hasn't made 1 penny in profit and Won't ever 

Edited by Goalie

I've been watching lots of Scott Hall matches and older stuff popping up in my youtube feed from the 90's.   

Both current day WWE and AEW are not even remotely close to that era.   Even the mid card guys from those days are far more over then nearly everyone is these days.  It's sad. 

This year was the 20th anniversary of WM18, which was a pretty cool card at Skydome in Toronto, including Rock vs Hogan, in a match that a lot of people worried wouldn't go over, but ended up being one of the all time great WM matches. Plus a ton of other really cool "under card" stuff. I've got the DVD on order right now and am looking forward to going back and watching it. I started watching WWE in 1998 when I first moved into the Brandon U dorms, and then stopped around 2002 when I moved away for my first job and have never really been back into it since. That Attitude Era, tho, was something special...

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Aew has storylines?

No. Only punk gets them BUT can't wait for the next debut who Won't be on TV the week later or lose to some 160 pound vanilla midget 

Aew is fake wrestling at its finest with guys who look like my 7 year old daughter could woop their ass 

Production? Its not close. Wwe is way beyond anything aew will ever be. Aew makes 3500 seat arenas look like smoke filled bingo halls. Meanwhile wwe using CGI. I mean really. 

Lol aew lost 100 million dollars last year. They avg 970 000 viewers. They are beyond awful and everything that is wrong with wrestling these days. Bunch of skinny midgets really 

Wrestlemania? Thoroughly sports entertained 

Honestly AEW is just some indy fed run by a rich kids son that hasn't made 1 penny in profit and Won't ever 

To each his own. I prefer it to WWE. There is a lot of what you said shows you don't watch it at all so. 

20 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Pro wrestling Hall of Fame member Tamara Lynn “Sunny” Sytch was involved in a fatal, three-car crash in Florida and police are investigating her for possible "impairment," authorities say. https://nbcnews.to/3Jp0c5B

She was WWE's first real Diva & a babe back in the 90's. Her life has spiralled down after the death her common law husband, wrestler Chris Candido in 1995.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

She was WWE's first real Diva & a babe back in the 90's. Her life has spiralled down after the death her common law husband, wrestler Chris Candido in 1995.

Your timeline is off.  He passed away in 2005 but you could see where her life was headed prior to that. 

She was fired from WWE in 1998 for backstage issues.  She briefly appeared in WCW in 2000 but was fired for alleged drug issues.  From 2001-2003, she was doing an x-rated website with other washed up wrestlers in 2001. 

His death undoubtedly added to the issues but her fall was well underway by that point.

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Pro wrestling Hall of Fame member Tamara Lynn “Sunny” Sytch was involved in a fatal, three-car crash in Florida and police are investigating her for possible "impairment," authorities say. https://nbcnews.to/3Jp0c5B

Absolutely horrible news... for years people have said she was going to do something stupid like this because she kept drinking and driving.  Terrible sad story. 

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, Goldkobra said:

They can still work. Not sure how much Flair's health has declined recently,  but steamboat is still in great shape. 

That remains to be seen - Steamboat is 69 and hasn't wrestled since 2010, so he might look great but lets see how that translates to the ring.  That being said, it's not a singles match so their actual in ring time will be fairly limited I'm sure.  It's reportedly going to be a 6 man tag with Flair teaming up with FTR to take on Steamboat & the Rock N Roll Express & Steamboat.  The Express are up there in age as well (63 & 65) but at least they've stayed somewhat active.  

13 hours ago, bigg jay said:

That remains to be seen - Steamboat is 69 and hasn't wrestled since 2010, so he might look great but lets see how that translates to the ring.  That being said, it's not a singles match so their actual in ring time will be fairly limited I'm sure.  It's reportedly going to be a 6 man tag with Flair teaming up with FTR to take on Steamboat & the Rock N Roll Express & Steamboat.  The Express are up there in age as well (63 & 65) but at least they've stayed somewhat active.  

Once again... nobody wants to see this.