Wrestling

Rich

16 hours ago, johnzo said:

Dug the spot on Dynamite last night where they pumped the tires on fancy girl Anna Jay with a big glowing soft-focus promo and then she got KO'd in a minute by horror freakshow girl Abadon who is my new favorite.

and then Anna Jay joined the Dark Order.

real nice tight storytelling there and the promo was a great misdirect.

That stood out to me, too. Really dug Abadon vs Shida on Dark a couple months ago. Was pleased to see her again, was really surprised that she squashed Anna Jay after they had been promoting her return to Dynamite. And then having Dark Order come out to lead Anna Jay away instead of just burying her? Fantastic.

48 minutes ago, ediger said:

That stood out to me, too. Really dug Abadon vs Shida on Dark a couple months ago. Was pleased to see her again, was really surprised that she squashed Anna Jay after they had been promoting her return to Dynamite. And then having Dark Order come out to lead Anna Jay away instead of just burying her? Fantastic.

I rewatched the ep last night and they didn't even mention Abadon during the coming up next screen, they just said "Anna Jay in action."  Really really underplayed Abadon.  Nice job, especially after watching AEW Dark this week where most of the matches were foregone conclusions.

MJF vs. that guy who looks like a tall blonde Henry Rollins was a good match too.  Always like seeing Aubrey put the boot to someone, 1000x more when it's MJF.

• 4 weeks later...

Where did Unknown Poster go?   

So much wrestling news over the last month (mostly negative of course).  

Mainly though how terrible the ratings have been for WWE and AEW.   Historically low ratings and it seems to be trending even lower each week it's crazy.  

I'm wondering if wrestling will cease to be mainstream in 5 years at this pace?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How bad is AEW yikes....  Dr Luther was terrible when he wrestled locally 30 years ago....  the guy was about to die in the ring and couldn't even lift his leg for a big boot.  Sad to see that even with a money mark that they can't put together a good show.  Unless the issue is the money mark being the one putting the shows together and hiring the talent....

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

How bad is AEW yikes....  Dr Luther was terrible when he wrestled locally 30 years ago....  the guy was about to die in the ring and couldn't even lift his leg for a big boot.  Sad to see that even with a money mark that they can't put together a good show.  Unless the issue is the money mark being the one putting the shows together and hiring the talent....

Was certainly a meh episode.  Won't debate that. But i wouldn't call luther a bad wrestler.  He's achieved a fair amount of success.  They haven't given him much spotlight yet on aew

2 hours ago, Goldkobra said:

Was certainly a meh episode.  Won't debate that. But i wouldn't call luther a bad wrestler.  He's achieved a fair amount of success.  They haven't given him much spotlight yet on aew

He's old, he's out of shape,  I wouldn't call his career a success ,   his outfit looked cheap,  he looked like a bad local promotion trying to use a cheap Gangrel knock-off.     AEW has  money ,  they should buy him a proper outfit,  make him only a manager/leader,  keep him out of the ring outside of interference and pay some money to someone who can wrestle on a supposed special night.   

Why would you spotlight that guy??  Based what I read online he's friend with Jericho and apparently Tony Khan has no clue what he's doing.  I understand getting your buddy a job and a pay day ... but don't make that guy the main event and expose how terrible he is.    

It's unfortunate that unknown poster isn't around because I remember saying long time ago that Khan is a money mark and that he probably will be a massive mark running the company.   Based off what I've watched over the last month it's clear as day that's the case.  

How do you bring in Rusev who was over and who is a physical specimen and have him almost job to a guy who looks like Joe Dirt and another guy in a gimmick of either a drag queen or an offensively bad stereotype? 

You have a decent tag division and your best tag team is in an angle where people call them "weenies" ?     

Kenny Omega the biggest free agent and the guy with memorable 5 star matches in Japan comes over and.... is he even still on the program?  How is this guy not the champion and not being pushed to the moon?     

It's a sad mess.   

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

He's old, he's out of shape,  I wouldn't call his career a success ,   his outfit looked cheap,  he looked like a bad local promotion trying to use a cheap Gangrel knock-off.     AEW has  money ,  they should buy him a proper outfit,  make him only a manager/leader,  keep him out of the ring outside of interference and pay some money to someone who can wrestle on a supposed special night.   

Why would you spotlight that guy??  Based what I read online he's friend with Jericho and apparently Tony Khan has no clue what he's doing.  I understand getting your buddy a job and a pay day ... but don't make that guy the main event and expose how terrible he is.    

It's unfortunate that unknown poster isn't around because I remember saying long time ago that Khan is a money mark and that he probably will be a massive mark running the company.   Based off what I've watched over the last month it's clear as day that's the case.  

How do you bring in Rusev who was over and who is a physical specimen and have him almost job to a guy who looks like Joe Dirt and another guy in a gimmick of either a drag queen or an offensively bad stereotype? 

You have a decent tag division and your best tag team is in an angle where people call them "weenies" ?     

Kenny Omega the biggest free agent and the guy with memorable 5 star matches in Japan comes over and.... is he even still on the program?  How is this guy not the champion and not being pushed to the moon?     

It's a sad mess   

Did you actually watch the entire show? They had Omega on and now will be having him back doing singles matches, starting with that tournament. But you've seen the last month so I'm pretty sure you ignored that to make your point.

I have no idea what "almost job" means. Either you do a job or you don't, there is no such thing as almost.

Yes the main event wasn't good, Jericho wanted to give his friend a main event rub. As a wrestling fan I would have thought you knew that or read it directly from Jericho. Luther will not be a regular on Dynamite, so don'worry about him.

Edited by MrFreakzilla
Edit

1 hour ago, MrFreakzilla said:

Did you actually watch the entire show? They had Omega on and now will be having him back doing singles matches, starting with that tournament. But you've seen the last month so I'm pretty sure you ignored that to make your point.

I have no idea what "almost job" means. Either you do a job or you don't, there is no such thing as almost.

Yes the main event wasn't good, Jericho wanted to give his friend a main event rub. As a wrestling fan I would have thought you knew that or read it directly from Jericho. Luther will not be a regular on Dynamite, so don'worry about him.

The show has taken a steep decline since it's inception...  it's somehow worse then WWE product these days.      

Rusev should of absolutely obliterated Joey Janela and the other guy...   he should be immediate main event.  Him having to sell or even entertain those jobbers for even a slightly competitive match is a job IMO.   Back in the day the WWE made fun of jobbers by having Gillberg....  AEW has guys actively wrestling who have similar physiques and talent levels of Gillberg... that's a problem.    

As for the last sentence... if you have to make excuses to defend bad decisions that's a bad sign.   It's clear Khan is in over his head and the inmates are running the asylum.  That's how WCW went down hill.  

21 hours ago, Brandon said:

That was a crappy match. No getting around that. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...