Wrestling

Rich

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Boring. Rob Gronkowski??

I watched the 5 minute clip of Gronk ...  I guess kids might like him?  Myself I was annoyed half way down the ramp for his entrance and him dry humping the ring post was more then enough for me.   

Edited by Brandon

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I watched the 5 minute clip of Gronk ...  I guess kids might like him?  Myself I was annoyed half way down the ramp for his entrance and him dry humping the ring post was more then enough for me.   

He’s going to be awful for wrestling fans but will be a big mainstream name.   WWE often doesn’t use guys like that well.  Mike Tyson and Ronda Rousey being notable exceptions. 

Just watched the Vice documentary on Chris and Nancy Benoit... whew that was emotional.  Very well done and a must watch for wrestling fans. Lots of stuff on Eddie in the 1st half, which is also pretty heartbreaking.

My respect for Jericho is on a whole other level now.

9 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Just watched the Vice documentary on Chris and Nancy Benoit... whew that was emotional.  Very well done and a must watch for wrestling fans. Lots of stuff on Eddie in the 1st half, which is also pretty heartbreaking.

My respect for Jericho is on a whole other level now.

I only caught the first half online.  Is the whole thing available here?  I couldnt find it.  

It was pretty crazy.  Makes you wonder what WWE was thinking with the tribute RAW.  And seems Benoit had some sort of mental break when Eddie died.  Ive seen some people suggest perhaps there was more than friendship there, or at least on Chris' side.  Who knows.  But Eddie's death clearly wrecked him.

12 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I only caught the first half online.  Is the whole thing available here?  I couldnt find it.  

It was pretty crazy.  Makes you wonder what WWE was thinking with the tribute RAW.  And seems Benoit had some sort of mental break when Eddie died.  Ive seen some people suggest perhaps there was more than friendship there, or at least on Chris' side.  Who knows.  But Eddie's death clearly wrecked him.

I watched it on Crave but there are versions of part 2 on youtube (not as good quality as part 1 though - at least as of last night).

They talk about the tribute & go more into possible causes in part 2 so I won't go into it yet until people have had a chance to watch.

Just now, bigg jay said:

I watched it on Crave but there are versions of part 2 on youtube (not as good quality as part 1 though - at least as of last night).

They talk about the tribute & go more into possible causes in part 2 so I won't go into it yet until people have had a chance to watch.

One theory I had (and we'll probably be able to go into detail more when we all see part 2) is that Benoit intended to get away with it.  As I recall (correct me if Im wrong), he tried to get to the PPV (or RAW), contacted WWE about flights and was told to stay home if his family was sick.  That tells me he wanted to get to the show and would likely be on the road when "someone" discovered his family.  

Well...Dynamite was something lol.  I guess Florida has a gathering limit of...ten people?  Hence no ringside crew.  Which is too bad.  But the cut aways to the locker room of 4-6 people was pretty funny.  Kenny was excellent in his short stint on colour.  Better than Cody I thought (more natural).  

Matt Hardy is so much better playing this weird character than he ever was being Matt.  But man, it would be SO good with a packed house going nuts.  What can ya do.  Gotta feel for AEW right now, their first year of operations, closing in on the 1 year PPV celebration with a mini fan fest in Vegas and they dont know whats happening.  Big debuts in front of no one, desperately trying to keep producing new episodes every week.  Tough.  They're doing a hell of a job though.

Roman Reigns is off WrestleMania.  Asked to be pulled over coronavirus concerns.  He has a weakened immune system due to leukemia.   They're supposed to be filming WM this week but the word is many matches have changed and several wrestlers are either sick (and taking precautions) or self isolating due to exposure concerns.

The rumour is Braun will face Goldberg now.  Which is...meh.

Firstly, just postpone Wrestlemania.  Secondly, if you have to do it, just keep the belt on Goldberg.  With the house shows cancelled, there's nothing wrong with Goldberg as champion since he cant appear regularly anyway.  And if you want a "Wrestlemania moment", have Riddle as a surprise opponent...or have Riddle win the spot on Night One to hype Night Two and then beat Goldberg for the belt.  Instant star.  It would pop a number for RAW & SD too...and NXT actually...for a week at least.

On 2020-03-27 at 7:02 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

Roman Reigns is off WrestleMania.  Asked to be pulled over coronavirus concerns.  He has a weakened immune system due to leukemia.   They're supposed to be filming WM this week but the word is many matches have changed and several wrestlers are either sick (and taking precautions) or self isolating due to exposure concerns.

The rumour is Braun will face Goldberg now.  Which is...meh.

Firstly, just postpone Wrestlemania.  Secondly, if you have to do it, just keep the belt on Goldberg.  With the house shows cancelled, there's nothing wrong with Goldberg as champion since he cant appear regularly anyway.  And if you want a "Wrestlemania moment", have Riddle as a surprise opponent...or have Riddle win the spot on Night One to hype Night Two and then beat Goldberg for the belt.  Instant star.  It would pop a number for RAW & SD too...and NXT actually...for a week at least.

I watched the beginning of Raw tonight. Joan Jett came on from last year's WM & I turned it off. I won't be watching anymore until they go back to live shows & actual wrestling when this coronavirus is over. 

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Exactly what I’ve been saying they need!

I hope it's defended each week. I think you can do some cool stuff with that. You can have an underdog win because the champ is worn out after wrestling 14 weeks straight or whatever. Or build someone up with an unexpected streak. I also hope they have the old WCW 15 minute time limit. Put it on a heel and have them keep it through a bunch of time limit draws. Lots you can do with a TV title.