Wrestling

Rich

Pwinsider reports smack down on Detroit is cancelled and will run from the PC.   Wwe denies it but says they have prepared contingencies.   Apparently this came from email to the talent.  

I can’t fathom they do Wrestlemania.   

AEW is in NY/NJ the next two weeks. Can’t see that happening.   I suspect their contingency is running that Jacksonville venue just to get TV out.  

Just now, ediger said:

well there are a bunch of last minute openings at MTS Centre.

I suspect they wont want to move the whole operations to Canada for some shows.  But you never know.  More likely they'd use the Jax's facility and do no fans.  I also suspect they'd postpone blood & guts if they cant do it with fans.  

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I suspect they wont want to move the whole operations to Canada for some shows.  But you never know.  More likely they'd use the Jax's facility and do no fans.  I also suspect they'd postpone blood & guts if they cant do it with fans.  

That would be my assumption. The logistics of doing some sort of last minute touring are pretty much impossible.

Just my own crazy idea,   do you think any chance that AEW instead of putting on normal shows would do a bunch of vignettes and maybe some really off the wall matches in non normal places?   

I used to like it when WWE had crazy ideas where Austin or the APW would brawl in a bar or the classic Golddust/Piper brawl in the alley.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Just my own crazy idea,   do you think any chance that AEW instead of putting on normal shows would do a bunch of vignettes and maybe some really off the wall matches in non normal places?   

I used to like it when WWE had crazy ideas where Austin or the APW would brawl in a bar or the classic Golddust/Piper brawl in the alley.

For sure its an option.  They could air PPV matches and do live cut ins etc.  Do a parking lot match.  Matches at the Hardy compound.  Who knows.  Im sure they're thinking of various ideas.

Vignettes might be a good way to properly introduce some of their lesser known talent too.  That's one area I feel like AEW has dropped the ball a bit. 

They could do something like what ECW did when they starting airing on TNN... the 1st episode did not have a single new match, it was all pre-recorded promos & match highlights to introduce their big stars.  Obviously AEW doesn't have to do that for their top guys but there are a number of guys who could benefit from the air time, especially with a 2nd show coming.

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Vignettes might be a good way to properly introduce some of their lesser known talent too.  That's one area I feel like AEW has dropped the ball a bit. 

They could do something like what ECW did when they starting airing on TNN... the 1st episode did not have a single new match, it was all pre-recorded promos & match highlights to introduce their big stars.  Obviously AEW doesn't have to do that for their top guys but there are a number of guys who could benefit from the air time, especially with a 2nd show coming.

I was just thinking if they did more vignettes similar to that Matt Hardy one posted above that it would be a good way to flesh out characters.  

It's been 30 years but I still fondly remember Mr Perfect catching his own pass or Razor Ramon taking what he wants (from a fruit stand). 

On 2020-03-11 at 9:28 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

Well, I think wrestling should be a variety show.  AEW still has guys like Luchasaures and Marko Stunt and Orange Cassidy.  Viking Raiders are great.

yeah, there's so much cool storytelling you can do with wrestling, I don't just want two big guys beefing and that's the story.  The thing about Luchasaurus and Marko Stunt is that those guys can really really go.  Luchasaurus' superkicks are unreal.  They're not just getting by on a gimmick, they have actual skills to pay the bills.

I think Defy in Seattle gets it right; they do a lot of your traditional pro wrestling kind of things, they spice up their local guys with some great fly-in indie talent, and they also feature the weirdo hero Randy Myers and his kissing gimmick at every event and he always gets over.  A little goofy fun breaks up the serious stuff nicely.