Wrestling

Rich

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

I'm pretty sure I saw Kenny Omega fight the invisible man a long time ago and it was a good match ...

Don’t forget that 9 year old girl. Thank god for her that night. She carried his lazy ass. 

And tonight it was a miracle by pac just carrying Kenny all over the ring. lol 

5 hours ago, ediger said:

That was a great episode. The build to the PPV has been really good. Even though the whole card looks really good, Orange Cassidy vs PAC put it over the top for me. Really. There's an intrigue to that match that the others just don't have.

Oh, and Kenny is a star. Anyone saying otherwise is just being obtuse.

Yeah. It’s not even an argument.  There is data to back up Kenny’s drawing power.  He’s a huge star, not just in the US but in Japan, Mexico, the UK. Everywhere.   The people that think no one is a star unless they’re in WWE won’t be convinced but that’s an obvious bias. 

2 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Was looking to get the PPV tonight anyone know why the difference in price between FITE and Bleacher Report live?

What are the price differences?  Is one Canadian and one US?  I usually just buy it on regular PPV. 

edit. Asking around it looks like people saying fite is a great deal, streams great etc.  And apparently fite only has the replay til April.  Maybe BR you can watch replays forever?  

Edited by The Unknown Poster

Good start.  

Dustin vs Hager was too long for the opener. But it got good.  Can’t do that kiss spot in 2020 though.  Right finish. 

darby vs Sammy. Love both these guys. They’re amazing.  Darby comes up short on a suicide dive. Might be hurt. Yikes.   They actually got less time than the opener lol. Really good.  Darby is a modern day Jeff Hardy. He’s going to be big. 

AEW doing Wargames on Dynamite in March  

Tag team title match   Whoa  thankfully that jobber Kenny had some good workers to carry him because this was tremendous   Chicago heeling one bucks  lol  page over like mad   Kenny over like mad   Another great one and the right call  

Womens world title  rough spot following the tag.  I’d have put it on second.   Crowd into it by the end though.  Not great but not bad at all  

Grudge match.   Cody sporting some questionable new ink.   Nearly belts his wife by accident on the intro.   Whole thing is dripping with drama though.   Gonna be a good one.  Crowd is electric.   I’d say wrong call on this one.  But MJF is great   

Cassidy vs PAC     Crowd is amazing for this one.  Cassidy is tremendous.  Few better then PAC.   This was great!

Jericho intro amazing.  Big match feel for sure.  A bit plodding   Some hard way by Mox.  Surprised at the decision but can’t really go wrong.   

yeah, that was pretty great.  didn't feel three+ hours long.

I could watch that tag team match at 0.25x speed and still not catch everything, it was full on cirque de soleil.

I think it's one of Darby Allin or Sammy Guevara in the next ppv title match against Moxley.  Their match was one of those where it didn't matter who won; the fans won.  Just great to watch. Darby fighting Jericho while handcuffed is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen and of course he's a Seattle guy who got his start in our local promotions so I have to pull for him.

Love that MJF defeated Cody, Cody is like the Charlie Brown of this promotion, he is one of the stars and he gets a lot of love from the camera but he just can't. kick. the. football.  Great role for a management wrestler IMO.  Wonder what's next for that storyline?  They had it at a full boil with all the stipulations, can you crank up the heat any higher or do you backburner it and simmer?

Orange Cassidy, yeah, I'm a fan. what a goddamn crazy art form when someone can get over by putting their hands in their pockets.

Was disappointed with the women's match, I'll mark out for anyone billed from space and I thought Kris Statlander had moves ... but maybe she needs a smaller opponent to look her best?  Match didn't really get off the ground.

Also a bit disappointed in the title match, I am pretty new to wrestling but Jericho has always struck me as someone who is not currently a great wrestler but who has great matches nonetheless.  I think plodding is a good way to put this. Would love to see the Inner Circle be all about grooming Sammy Guevara to be El Campeón now, with Jericho as his coach/valet because damn Jericho can rock a mic.

Missed the opening Jake Hager / Dustin match because of traffic and coronavirus panic buying at the grocery store ... was curious to see it because Hager was the Roman Reigns of Lucha Underground, a guy you hated seeing good wrestlers lose to.  I think AEW uses him really well as an attack goon and wanted to see if he'd leveled up since LU ended.

Edited by johnzo

Did you see Darby working your local indies?   It’s always cool when you see that and then see them make the big time (like Kenny here).  

I assume maybe Cody and MJF continue for war games.  Unless it’s a straight Inner Circle vs Elite match.   Cody could also circle back to Jericho now. 

Hager was fine.  He was making out with his wife at ringside. So he was sort of a sleazy arrogant fighter gimmick.   They just went too long.  I’d have probably gone Sammy vs Darby as the opener Or at least shave a few minutes off.  It’s tough because they want to keep Dustin credible too. 

Another great episode tonight.  Darby Allin is going to be a huge star.  Same with Sammy.   I wouldn’t even mind him using some Eddie moves. 

Isn’t it funny how AEW uses legends vs how wwe does.   Aew treats them seriously and with reverence and respect rather than comedy relief and it pays off.  Hell of a promo by Jake.  

Interesting that Archers debut was cancelled.   Either he’s jake’s client or they wanted to leave open the possibility.   Someone on line pointed out some references to Caesar.  Killed during the ides of March.  Which is March 15th.  Aew runs March 18 in Rochester.  Brodie Lee is from Rochester.  Ohhhhhh lol 

Great jake music too!