Wrestling

Rich

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Potentially adding Archer, Cage, Kross and Harper would definitely change the AEW roster.  Would make for some interesting "heavyweight" matches.

Seems like a conscious effort to add some big hoss. Kross is likely wwe bound though.  Archer is vastly improved.  Might be a good pairing with spears and tully at first. 

On 2020-01-22 at 12:23 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Jericho Cruise 3 announced for next Feb.  Cody says they will air Dynamite live (rather then taped like this year).   Speaking of which, apparently they flew two master copies of tonight's show on different airplanes just to make sure at least one made it back to HQ for post-production.

Meltzer reports AEW likely going to introduce Six Man Tag Team Championship, maybe at next year's cruise.  

Ive avoided spoilers and looking forward to the show tonight.  Looks awesome.  Cant wait to hear @Goldkobra review.

Just got to my hotel in Orlando. Cruise was excellent.  Lots of fun, lot and lots of alcohol.  I think my liver has onions, now. Cruise set sail from Miami with a Fozzy concert to kick off the festivities.  Followed by un-televised aew matches. Sat front row for Talk is Jericho podcast featuring the nWo. Unfortunately,  nash and xpac both canceled.  Scott hall and Eric bischoff discussed a lot about the formation of the nWo and how it all came together. DDP and booker T were on the panel to talk about what wcw was like for the guys outside the nWo.  And Jericho as well. It should be up on spotify soon. Waters were very for this cruise.  Wives went to bed sea sick. My buddy and i proceeded to get hammered.  Rode the elevator up to the bar with scott hall. Really cool guy.

Day 2 was the aew taping. The boat docked in the Bahamas.  We didn't get off. Wives were still sick and decided they didn't want to stand for 8hrs to secure our ringside standing spots, so we opted for second level spots with a great view and chairs. Met some great people. There were 2 24/7 titles floating around. I held both for a few minutes before losing to small children.  Gotta get a better ground game. Also went to Talk is Jericho Featuring jake the snake. Really interesting.  The man is very open about past indiscretions and doesn't hold back. He's an excellent storyteller and i recommend listening to that podcast. 

Day 3 we checked out Light the Torch,  Howard Jones from Killswitch Engage's new project.  Im a metal guy, so i really liked them. Also saw Farewell to fear, a hard rock group from new Orleans,  also very good.  Watched more wrestling on the main deck. Probably saw my favorite match ever. Private Party vs Jurassic Express.  The boys have a lot more freedom on the boat and really flexed some comedic muscle. My sides hurt after the match from laughing so hard.

Day 4 was pretty chill.  Went to a few signigs and photo sessions.  Got bored of that and went to the hottub. Hung out with ref Aubrey.  Super nice girl. Saw a couple comedy shows too. Bruce jingles sucks. Craig gass is awesome. Missed gabriel Iglesias. Watched the final matches on the boat. Cody gave a nice promo thanking the fans. Drowned our sorrows in alcohol because we knew it was almost over. 

All in all, it was great. We'll book again.  Any questions,  ask away.

9 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Watching Dynamite the past few weeks Hangman is about to the most over thing wrestling in the next year. 

Goldkobra how was Fozzy love all their music interested in seeing them live next through Winnipeg 

Excellent.  They really found their stride a few years ago. They're a top notch rock band now.

Sounds great @Goldkobra    How accessible were talent around the ship?   Run into Meltzer ( saw no pics of him lol).

Aubrey looked to be having a great time.

what was the process for attending the tv taping?  Was it just rush seating first come first serve?  

did they offer a deal for guests on board to buy for next year?

did you see talent around the ports?  

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Sounds great @Goldkobra    How accessible were talent around the ship?   Run into Meltzer ( saw no pics of him lol).

Aubrey looked to be having a great time.

what was the process for attending the tv taping?  Was it just rush seating first come first serve?  

did they offer a deal for guests on board to buy for next year?

did you see talent around the ports?  

Not too familiar with what meltzer actually looks like, so maybe i saw him??

The process for the taping was rush seating.  Around the ring was all standing room only. They had barricades set up so they work on the entrance ramp. After that was done they let everyone in to find there spot. We opted for chairs on the 2nd level with a good view. We sat in them from noon till 8pm.

Haven't heard anything yet from Sixthman, the cruise company.  We went on the first cruise and they offered us first priority to rebook  for this one. So i expect they'll do that again. 

Most off the talent was very accessible. In the buffet line with you. Dining in the same restaurants. I stood next to scorpio sky at the buffet. DDP was at the next table from us in one of the restaurants.  The upper echelon guys, you'll see less of. There is some vip areas. But even then, they still want to socialize a bit.

Rumble thoughts?  Spoilers obviously but I think if you havent watched it yet, you probably dont care much lol

Glazed over the singles matches.  Both Rumbles were pretty good.  Original plan was Shayna & Roman winning.  Went with Charlotte & Drew.  I had Drew pegged (been saying that for two years).  

Lot of fun with Brock tossing everyone for the first half of the Rumble.   WWE does their usual middling booking by having Brock's elimination pretty wishy washy.  Just let Drew toss him direct (I assume they're doing a Richochet/Brock match or encounter coming up so its not that bad but still...).

Big story is Edge's return which has been the hot rumour for month.  I have zero clue how he got cleared with that awful neck injury.  Rumours abound Sting may be cleared too (similar injury).  Funny how guys were iced out, AEW starts and Bryan, Edge and maybe Sting are suddenly cleared...hmmmm.  Gotta keep the Saudi prince happy.

Edge looked great and it was emotional.  Sounds like a 3 year contract for big money so he's around for awhile (presumably protected schedule).

Women's rumble was good til about the time Charlotte entered.  Bianca is gold.  She's going to be the biggest star going and this Rumble was great for her.  Id have liked to see a newer star go over here (like Bianca) but Charlotte is kinda their stand by for everything so no surprise.  Probably she'll be confronted by Shayna to set something up there (maybe this all dove tails to something with Ronda).

Should be hot TV from now on with the Saudi show in Feb and then WM.

EDIT: To mention the Santino spot.  Awful, in so many ways.  Beth is gushing from the head and sure, they must have checked her but clearly they kept her for the stupid Santino spot.  And worse, he didnt even get eliminated by the women.  Awful and shows how WWE (or at least certain people) think of the women.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

My Fav ppv of the year. 

Rumbles were both solid. 

Bryan had me believing for a second vs Fiend.

Called Drew weeks ago.. U could see it coming. Brock i think put a couple ppl over even tho he eliminated lots also. Drew. Keith Lee and my boy Rick Oshea (thats his twitter handle)( i was the one who suggested it to him also) definitely got the Rub

Bianca is gonna be a big star. 

Charlotte? Meh. But with Becky and Bayley being champs.. The horsewoman are so gonna attack all 3 and Sasha if healthy.

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

My Fav ppv of the year. 

Rumbles were both solid. 

Bryan had me believing for a second vs Fiend.

Called Drew weeks ago.. U could see it coming. Brock i think put a couple ppl over even tho he eliminated lots also. Drew. Keith Lee and my boy Rick Oshea (thats his twitter handle)( i was the one who suggested it to him also) definitely got the Rub

Bianca is gonna be a big star. 

Charlotte? Meh. But with Becky and Bayley being champs.. The horsewoman are so gonna attack all 3 and Sasha if healthy.

I figured the same with Charlotte winning when it was planned to be Shayna...an angle coming there for sure.  I wonder if they'd hot shot for SaudiMania.  

The only issue with Drew, who they should have pushed to the moon a year or more ago, is their lack of actually booking angles anymore.  Hopefully Heyman can make this work but its like the angle comes after the match is made rather then leading to it.  Read a comparison between Batista and Drew and its night and day on the booking side.

Bianca is everything.  Brock is good at selling for people.  Good facials.  

I wonder if Matt Riddle is counting down the days til he's a free agent...lol

22 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I figured the same with Charlotte winning when it was planned to be Shayna...an angle coming there for sure.  I wonder if they'd hot shot for SaudiMania.  

The only issue with Drew, who they should have pushed to the moon a year or more ago, is their lack of actually booking angles anymore.  Hopefully Heyman can make this work but its like the angle comes after the match is made rather then leading to it.  Read a comparison between Batista and Drew and its night and day on the booking side.

Bianca is everything.  Brock is good at selling for people.  Good facials.  

I wonder if Matt Riddle is counting down the days til he's a free agent...lol

Riddle. I dig him. Sounds like hes pissed off Brock and Bill tho. I dont mind that tho.. Riddle has major potential. Honestly Brock and Bill likely take themselves 2 seriously

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Riddle. I dig him. Sounds like hes pissed off Brock and Bill tho. I dont mind that tho.. Riddle has major potential. Honestly Brock and Bill likely take themselves 2 seriously

Ive heard conflicting things that his remarks were him being himself and others saying he was told it was all good to build heat.  Goldberg for sure takes himself too seriously.  Remember him confronting Hunter at a video game convention or something before he ever went to WWE, over remarks Hunter made (to be fair, they were stupid remarks about how Goldberg was a nothing).  Brock usually doesnt have anything to say to anyone unless they come at him.  So could be a work.

But I agree, Riddle has super star potential.  And with his history, would be idea for Brock. Im sure Brock will put Drew over great and maybe Riddle should be his fall program to set Riddle up for a run next year.  Ive seen Riddle & Kenny converse...Im sure AEW would back up the brinks truck for him.  He'd surely do better in AEW than WWE but because of that, he's going to get a push eventually...or at least a boatload of money.

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What are your thoughts about Edge's comeback? The way the feud with randy Orton was set up & is Edge at risk of further injury. Ziggler none too happy the spear he took from Edge in RR wasn't shown. 

Im mystified how he got cleared.  And I certainly have suspicion about AEW starting up and the sudden medical clearances of guys who reportedly were one bad bump away from paralysis or death.  But...you see that emotion on Edge's face...Im happy as hell for him.  He's a great guy (had the pleasure of meeting him and know guys locally who worked with him in Manitoba a long time ago).

He's also getting $3m a year for a small schedule of matches.  He was in talks with AEW before WWE made the big offer.  Always loved Edge.  He was awesome.  He was always a guy that seemed to lag behind his potential and then stumbled onto the role as a sleazy heel (with the affair with Lita).  Pure gold.  

He's in great shape too.  I sort of thought they would do Edge/Orton team first (working Buddy & Seth would be great).  But it doesnt surprise me as they are tight and Randy is a very safe worker.  Good heat segment (although, we're to believe Edge has no friends?).  If it was me I'd have had Beth come out at least (rumour has it the angle might overlap with NXT so that might yet happen).  I actually thought he should have pointed out he retired as World Champion and had to right that wrong "see you Friday!" and go after Bray.  I think that would have been hot into WM.

But its all good.  Great news story.  Rumour has it Sting might be next for the magical medical clearance.

58 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im mystified how he got cleared.  And I certainly have suspicion about AEW starting up and the sudden medical clearances of guys who reportedly were one bad bump away from paralysis or death.  But...you see that emotion on Edge's face...Im happy as hell for him.  He's a great guy (had the pleasure of meeting him and know guys locally who worked with him in Manitoba a long time ago).

He's also getting $3m a year for a small schedule of matches.  He was in talks with AEW before WWE made the big offer.  Always loved Edge.  He was awesome.  He was always a guy that seemed to lag behind his potential and then stumbled onto the role as a sleazy heel (with the affair with Lita).  Pure gold.  

He's in great shape too.  I sort of thought they would do Edge/Orton team first (working Buddy & Seth would be great).  But it doesnt surprise me as they are tight and Randy is a very safe worker.  Good heat segment (although, we're to believe Edge has no friends?).  If it was me I'd have had Beth come out at least (rumour has it the angle might overlap with NXT so that might yet happen).  I actually thought he should have pointed out he retired as World Champion and had to right that wrong "see you Friday!" and go after Bray.  I think that would have been hot into WM.

But its all good.  Great news story.  Rumour has it Sting might be next for the magical medical clearance.

Wow, I just hope with all these guys getting clearances to wrestle that someone doesn't suffer a devastating injury.

3 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Wow, I just hope with all these guys getting clearances to wrestle that someone doesn't suffer a devastating injury.

Edge did mention in passing he had another surgery that made it possible to come back.  But man, he was very seriously injured to the point he couldnt even drop the title.  Although Bryan was ordered on the shelf forever by WWE doctors but had numerous private docs willing to certify him.  It was him getting close to his contract coming due and making it very clear he was going to go somewhere to wrestle that seemed to change WWE's mind.

Sting had the same issue as Edge (and Austin before him).  I could see both getting cleared.  I think they've both said (at least I seem to recall Austin saying) he could work one more match if he wanted to.  With the TV deals and especially the Saudi deal, the money is so absurd, Im surprised Austin hasnt gone yet...Sting would probably do it if he's in shape.  Sting vs Taker maybe?