Wrestling

Rich

41 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I guess I'm referring to what happened in WCW. With Hogan, Nash & Hall. Not the nWo but at the end.

From what I understand, they are giving guys creative input but that's different than giving them creative control.  Hopefully that will help make a more entertaining product than what having a room full of non-wrestling people are currently coming up with.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I just remember Nash giving up the WCW title to Hogan with the finger point to the chest. Hall went down like he was shot & then they laughed about it. That was the end really of WCW for all intents & purposes. 

Nash was the booker. What a terrible decision that was.  It was basically a plan by Nash to make up with Hogan. 

The big guaranteed contracts allowed guys to sit at home. Too many guys given too much power.  A parade of bookers.  No one really in charge 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Nash was the booker. What a terrible decision that was.  It was basically a plan by Nash to make up with Hogan. 

The big guaranteed contracts allowed guys to sit at home. Too many guys given too much power.  A parade of bookers.  No one really in charge 

If AEW can push the WWE to be better because their product is better & vice versa  then that will be a great thing. True competition will bring out the best for both companies. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

7 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

It also became all talk. The only ones that were really wrestling were Norman Smiley and a bunch of jobbers. 

Thoughts on the AEW debut?  I really enjoyed it but I wish we would have seen more of Kenny. 

It would have been a great time to really introduce him to North American audience that may have only heard of him or seen limited footage but I guess you can only fit so much stuff in.  It didn't feel like a 2 hour show for me and it went by quickly. 

Was not expecting Swagger, especially with a mma fight in a few weeks.  Huge get for them.

AEW seems so fresh yet less slick than wwe (in a good way). It felt like pro wrestling.  Reminded me a lot of wcw and that’s good because it should look different.  And yet the huge crowd that was hot all night made it major league. 

Great seeing Tony s back. I thought JR’s call was the best in years. 

Show was really strong.  Felt important without giving away too much.   Well paced. A few technical issues but they’ll get it worked out as the director and camera people work together more.  

Seeing people complain about Kenny not being pushed as much. Nah. He’s a bullet proof tippy top guy. I thought the booking was great to save him for later.  He gave his girls riho the rub and then got taken out by Mox. 

Great show ending angle. Jake Hager was a surprise but he’s a good pick up for them. Between him, Jericho and Mox you have a subtle wwe group. 

More of this please. 

Enjoyed watching AEW: Dynamite. I never watch NXT as I really don't care  but this show caught my interest. Great to see some former WWE wrestlers again like Cody Rhodes, Chris Jericho, Moxley, Pac (Neville) & Jack Swagger (Jake Hager). I also enjoyed Tony Schiavone & JR on commentary. Interesting that they didn't have any backstage/locker room banter to set up the storylines. I wonder if that is something to come? I'm sure it will.

Full ratings not in yet but some of the major markets are reporting numbers for AEW and they are...surprising.  As in big.  

If they hold its well over a million.  Some markets skew really high (Charlotte for example) so it might not be a true trend. 

But if it’s anything close, it’s remarkable. 

Also raw had had a good rating but was carried by Flair & Hogan. Which is more proof that wwe’s Biggest issue is they cannot create stars. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

29 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

It’s 2019 wonder how many people watched both as in watch one PVR one. Feel like ratings numbers and how they are collected have not caught up for today’s new technology.

Pvr numbers are tracked so even if you're not watching live, it is still accounted for.  

https://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/television/tv-q-a-do-recorded-shows-count-in-network-ratings/article_6fbbc8c5-a785-57a6-8e8e-6ec9f440b9ae.html