Wrestling

Rich

Ill go on record.. Big harper fan since his Brodie Lee days.. Reminded me of a guy i never saw live.. Bruiser Brody. 

A guy who looks legit.. Insane.. Crazy.. A guy i wouldn't wanna **** with.. 

Lars is similar.. No brody comparisons but looks like hes insane for real. Money big money if booked properly. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Well if it is true it’s Tonys money. Proof of concept. But AEW has denied it. And it runs counter to Meltzers opinion. The guy reporting that even deferred to Dave as the best source for wrestling news.  AEW apparently called the idea of a time buy “ludicrous”. Could be a complicated mix of ad revenue but I suspect it’s closer to a traditional deal. 

Maybe they have escalators based on viewership. Tony can afford a risk. 

Also I have a feeling...something might happen over May 3/4 weekend. If it does I’ll say why I think that. ;) 

Edit. Just checked and Dave responses to the report saying one hour is false and time but is false and the only reason it hasn’t been announced yet is because they have multiple bidders. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

I’m on vacation this week so not following news that closely. 

But apprently Delirious has lost some power on ROH. He’s srill booked but Bubba Ray Dudley and Joey Merc have more power. They apparently behind the Cass & Enzo deal. 

Also heat on the guys who helped produce All In for basically creating competition.  

Wrestling observer 

The Undertaker and Kurt Angle have both been pulled from Starrcast II.

The news was revealed in an interview that Sports Illustrated did with Starrcast's Conrad Thompson. The article stated that Undertaker and Angle not appearing at the event is "due to the burgeoning war between All Elite Wrestling and WWE, with the first battle centered around Starrcast."

Undertaker was announced for Starrcast on February 14, while Angle was added on April 1. Starrcast and AEW Double or Nothing are taking place in Las Vegas over Memorial Day weekend. Starrcast isn't officially an AEW event, but it will feature AEW wrestlers and events related to Double or Nothing.

“The announcement went wide and viral. I was told it had gotten WWE’s attention and that Vince McMahon texted The Undertaker about the appearance," Thompson told Sports Illustrated. "’Taker's representation, which is a company called Get Engaged, called to tell me, ‘WWE says he can’t do it.’"

The deposit that Thompson paid for Undertaker's appearance was returned to him by Get Engaged.

“I had a friend discuss the situation with Vince McMahon, and I was assured the ‘heat’ wasn’t on me or my event but rather that The Undertaker shouldn’t be doing personal appearances outside of WWE,” Thompson said. “I was assured that damages would be covered, a suitable replacement offered, or some sort of compromise to make everyone happy.”

Thompson said he suggested Vince McMahon, Triple H, or Stephanie McMahon as Undertaker's replacement, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to Conor's Cure and Thompson matching that with a personal donation.

Thompson was told that WWE wouldn't allow any replacements from the main roster. The article states that Thompson then set his sights on Shawn Michaels, who was "originally set to be booked for the event, but backed out before signing because of the close proximity of Starrcast and AEW."

"I asked to keep Kurt Angle and announce Shawn Michaels as the replacement for The Undertaker,” Thompson said. “I offered to book everyone ‘through the office.’ I wanted to play by the rules but I felt like I already had, since each of these guys were actively marketing themselves for outside appearances via booking agents or their own social media. I have checked in daily for a week now and nothing is changing.”

It was noted that Undertaker and Angle signed new WWE contracts, with WWE exercising its right to withhold talent from events that aren't deemed to be in the company's best interest.

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What kind of ratings are they doing these days?   

As far as the first-to-third hour drops, they were 18.5 percent in women 18-49, 14.7 percent in men 18-49, 6.3 percent in girls 12-17, and 33.1 percent in boys 12-17. The latter figure is an unprecedented level of teenage boys tuning out during the show.

The three hours were:

• 8 p.m. 2.68 million viewers
  • 9 p.m. 2.30 million viewers
  • 10 p.m. 2.15 million viewers

19 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Wonder how many people actually watch in different ways other than traditional tv. It would seem like their audience would be made up of a lot of cord cutters.

The only show that consistently draws is GOT. 

Edited by Goalie

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Shocker.. Hour 2 Corbin wins triple threat. Hour 3 hes main eventing. 

Yup. It wasn’t that long ago that they had the McMahon’s admit the show sucked, blame Corbin and promise to be better. Now? 

A few days before that happened they thought they were getting the elite. They didn’t and panicked.  Now, back to same old 

CM Punk made a wrestling appearance.  

Did a run in on an Indy show on Wisconsin. Covered completely, it was unadvertised and unacknowledged.   Hit a terrible GTS.  There is video  

Apparently he did the same thing a couple years ago on a show in Chicago. 

Hilarious.   Dude could be making a fortune in wrestling.  Also he placed third in a men’s BJJ contest. Out of three. 

Interesting notes.  Quarterly revenue down triggering a 13% drop in wwe share price. But they are still on pace for record revenue this year with the new tv deals.

Vince blames the decline in ratings and attendance on having top stars out.   Uh huh.  He claims everyone is back and they made new stars and have additional writers so everything is great.  

They refused to admit they are going back to Saudi Arabia (June).

In terms of declining ratings there has been speculating the Saudi shows turned people off more than expected.  No real proof but ratings declined at a far greater clip after the Saudi shows than before.  Plus I believe they had a ton of network cancellations after the Saudi shows.

Dustin requested his release in January. Vince was against it but hunter talked him into it.  It was granted with a 90 day non compete which just expired. 

Harper’s request for a release was denied.  Furthermore they added 8 months to his deal due to his injury (which is ridiculous).  He’s locked up til around wm next year. 

Sasha has tried to quit.  But if she sits out wwe can freeze her contract forever. Which, again, is absurd.    

Wwe pulled taker and angle from the star cast convention.  Basically they were so mad they offered them new contracts but made them breach their agreement to do the convention.  HBK was going to do it but declined before signing a deal.  

Cody was in town filming at Kenny’s place.   

On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎23 at 10:07 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

Yup. It wasn’t that long ago that they had the McMahon’s admit the show sucked, blame Corbin and promise to be better. Now? 

A few days before that happened they thought they were getting the elite. They didn’t and panicked.  Now, back to same old 

Corbin just sucks the life out of any wrestling show that he's on.