Wrestling

Rich

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Some updates from Meltzer

Ronda broke her hand pretty badly during the match.  She was scheduled for RAW tonight as her last appearance for awhile.

Brock went home already and is not scheduled.  Nothing on the books for him.  He's linked to an Aug 17th fight with Cormier.

Brock vs Seth going on first was a last minute decision after the show had already begun.

AJ is hurt too, not believed to be serious but he was seen at the airport moving gingerly and flying home.

Lesnar can stay home in Saskatchewan. 

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah, read that on social media as well. Is Rousey out?

Yeah Meltzer had that story for a long time.  Ronda ripped him for it. But he wasright.  She was booked for raw but suffered a badly broken hand so they sent her home.   Basically her future is up to her. They’d like her back and that’s why the finish of WM was the way it was. 

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I don't see Rousey ever going back to MMA and I don't think her popularity is enough for Hollywood.   I guess she could open up gyms and do the seminar tour?

The chatter is she wants to start a family.  I definitely see her going back to WWE at some point.  The money is too good and she's treated too well and she's very good at it.

Family was definitely her main reason for stepping away.  She's openly talked about wanting to start a family with Travis sooner rather than later (and this was almost a year ago).

If she doesn't walk away from WWE for good, I could see her doing more movies through their film company.  I don't think she's good enough or popular enough anymore (with main stream audiences anyway) to get more work in Hollywood otherwise.

48 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Family was definitely her main reason for stepping away.  She's openly talked about wanting to start a family with Travis sooner rather than later (and this was almost a year ago).

If she doesn't walk away from WWE for good, I could see her doing more movies through their film company.  I don't think she's good enough or popular enough anymore (with main stream audiences anyway) to get more work in Hollywood otherwise.

Are they done filming The Expendables 4 yet? 

RD Evans, a writer for WWE, was fired (or quit, depending on the early accounts) during the Hall of Fame because Bret Hart mentioned Vince in his speech.  So the whole DX skit where they poked fun at Vince insisting that no one mention him in their HOF speeches is true.  Evans was the writer assigned to Bret and the story goes Vince was so furious when Bret mentioned him, that he fired Evans in Gorilla during the show (or chewed Evans out to the point he abruptly quit).

In other news, Road Dogg quit as Smackdown head writer, apparently frustrated over constant changes by Vince.

The Wrap reports that Turner and AEW are in advanced negotiations but deal is not signed yet, which is what Meltzer also said yesterday.  The report adds an intriguing detail that the show might not be year round...Mentions TNT (former home of Nitro) as the likely destination with B/R as the streaming platform.

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Sasha is off to think about her future.  She tried to quit over the weekend and was furious that the tag belts were being taken off her and Bayley.  WWE told her to think it over.  She's been unhappy for awhile.

Now that there is potentially a viable alternative to WWE, I'm guessing we'll see more people thinking about where they really want to be and how much they want to allow their careers to be dictated by WWE.

Travel issues affecting tonight’s raw. Possibly severely. Show being re-written.   Issues in Jersey where several guys are. 

Joe made it but is very sick and being written out. Ambrose is at raw so could be used. 

AEW signed CIMA. Can’t remember If it was mentioned that they also signed Hilaru Shida. She’s very good. Was a protege of Kenny’s and worked for PCW in, I think 2014 (we werent allowed to publicize it then). 

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Add Luke Harper to the list of talent that have requested their release.  

Hes 39 years old so it’s a gamble but he’s really talented. And would add some size and experience to AEW

Does he have a history of injuries or anything? If not, these days 39 still gives you a few good years and a few more decent ones if the cards fall just right.

3 minutes ago, ediger said:

Does he have a history of injuries or anything? If not, these days 39 still gives you a few good years and a few more decent ones if the cards fall just right.

I don’t think he has a serious injury history. Just this last one. And he appears to have come back in better shape.   I would suspect that his coming back and wwe doing nothing with him has made him want to leave.  Especially at his age.

you can either accept that WWE would likely keep you for the next few years and it’s a good living.  Or you can leave and make your last big contract as good as it can be. He could be a top guy in AEW.   And I bet their offer would be similar to WWE so why not have more fun. 

On 2019-04-16 at 3:49 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

I don’t think he has a serious injury history. Just this last one. And he appears to have come back in better shape.   I would suspect that his coming back and wwe doing nothing with him has made him want to leave.  Especially at his age.

you can either accept that WWE would likely keep you for the next few years and it’s a good living.  Or you can leave and make your last big contract as good as it can be. He could be a top guy in AEW.   And I bet their offer would be similar to WWE so why not have more fun. 

They always used him as a Neandertal type of wrestler. Or just a weird guy tied to a weird family. I'd like to have seen what he could have done in a different role.