Wrestling

Rich

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

If it were a wrestling hall of fame, I would agree. But, this is the WWE HOF, and I can't disagree with her stance. 

Hes in a wrestling hall of fame. But nobody really cares about that one. WWE is the billion dollar machine where he made his name. Yeah it sucks an accident happened 20 years ago now.. More maybe but.. He deserves to be in the WWE hall of fame. The entire Hart family agrees btw. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Hes in a wrestling hall of fame. But nobody really cares about that one. WWE is the billion dollar machine where he made his name. Yeah it sucks an accident happened 20 years ago now.. More maybe but.. He deserves to be in the WWE hall of fame. The entire Hart family agrees btw. 

To quote Honky Tonk... it's a joke of a HOF.      

48 minutes ago, Brandon said:

To quote Honky Tonk... it's a joke of a HOF.      

1 day they will have an actual hall of fame building... Hhh has talked of this. It might be a joke but the WWE is the biggest wrestling company in the world and more ppl watch wwe and know of wwe superstars than anywhere else in the world. They are truly global. Owen made his name in wwe. 

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

Its still very unfortunate Martha won't let Owen go in and be remembered for his accomplishments. 

7 hours ago, JCon said:

If it were a wrestling hall of fame, I would agree. But, this is the WWE HOF, and I can't disagree with her stance. 

I agree with you both. 

Keep in mind Martha has allowed Owen to be honoured in other venues. She just won’t allow it by the company she believed caused his death through negligence. 

Difficult to argue with her decision.  But as fans we really would love to see it. 

7 hours ago, Goalie said:

Well to be fair WWE was negligent in his death. It wasn’t malicious but they were negligent. 

They also promised Martha they wouldn’t show clips from his funeral on raw and they did. 

They are free to induct him as they can market the Owen photos and video they own. They just won’t because of the negative publicity.  It might eventually come down to his kids deciding to allow it 

on the other hand, there is money to be made either for the family or for their charity.  But again, ultimately you can’t fault Martha. 

Kenny Omega Showcased In TSN Documentary

Local write-up on the upcoming doc. 

They even name drop a certain promoter in the article. 

For those interested the doc shows tomorrow: 

"Omega Man - A Wrestling Love Story" ( @OmegaManAWrest1 ) is being televised at 6.30 pm Central time (7.30 ET) Wednesday, and focuses on the story and storytelling of Kenny Omega, an international sensation who cut his own path from starting on small Canadian regional cards to headlining the main event in the Tokyo Dome for New Japan Pro Wrestling in front of 38,000 fans.

Edited by JCon

Just now, JCon said:

Kenny Omega is on TSN 1290 in a few minutes.

@The Unknown Poster I hope you gave him all the info he needs to promote the PCW show!

I did i did.  Although we're very very close to a sell out.  But pushing us out there is always nice.   He mentioned the show right off the opener.  Sounds like Kenny is running late lol  he was in TO as recently as...earlier today?  So...hopefully he makes it.

30 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I did i did.  Although we're very very close to a sell out.  But pushing us out there is always nice.   He mentioned the show right off the opener.  Sounds like Kenny is running late lol  he was in TO as recently as...earlier today?  So...hopefully he makes it.

Hopefully not a repeat of Top Cock!  🤣

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Oh the bucks of youth showing up also? 

Whoa whoa whoa, lets lower expectations a little bit....lol  If we booked Feniz and Penta, maybe.  No Bucks, they have their hands full chasing those guys around.    Although I've had a long-time request in to book Kenny & The Bucks in Winnipeg...its just an enormous amount of planning.  Hope to do it one of these days.  

From my perspective being involved, I knew the focus was the Golden Lovers but not entirely sure how they'd fit everything in.  And the answer is, they really couldnt.  It really begs for a 90 minute or 120 minute version.  They filmed a lot on Kenny's early days in Winnipeg, his going to WWE, his returning from WWE (there was a whole potential story thread about that).  And they really loved the footage they got from Kenny's return to Winnipeg last October but barely could squeeze it in (might be something in the works on this).

There were many people who provided interviews who were left on the cutting room floor unfortunately.  Although they asked many of us similar questions so it of course, they used the best ones.  Mike Angels and Jason Geiger in particular were very, very good interviews.  

And now I can reveal a stupid mistake on my part...the day of my interview, I think I was scheduled for...5PM, something like that.  I was really excited and then, for some reason, had an allergy attack.  Felt aweful.  Stuffed up, watery eyes, everything.  So I fumble around the medicine cabinet and take a couple pills.  A few minutes later my gf says "you didnt take these, did you?"   Yes, I said, why?  "They're nighttime pills!"   Oh no...I drank a ton of coffee and when I arrived, I got pushed back til...maybe 9pm.  I was super wired but also tired. lol

And also message to all aspiring Doc makers, sitting on a milk crate looks cool.  It does not feel cool.  Give me a comfy chair! lol

Jokes aside, it was a great experience and I am humbled to have played a small part.  I received a message from one of the producers, the guy who really pushed the project from the beginning, telling me that without me there was no project due to the footage, contacts, explanations etc.  Very nice to say, totally humbled at that (it's not true but its nice to hear).  

Im so proud of Kenny.  And when I think about the last 17 years and SO much crap in local wrestling (even today), this made it worth it.  Seeing so many great guys I worked with locally (Kenny, Angels, Geiger, Tatum, Skillz, Nate, London's and whomever else sneaked in that I missed) on a TSN Documentary...its really an amazing thing.  And they all deserve the recognition for their hard work.

Kenny might have been the one guy in PCW to really make it, but you can't have a promotion with one guy.  It takes a lot of guys to create an environment where talent like Kenny can develop and grow.  All the boys deserve the credit.  To the boys!

Agreed that 60 minutes was definitely not anywhere near long enough to come close cover everything.  His story is still being written though so maybe one day they'll be able to do a part two.

Loved the AJ footage, especially his dig at the WWE!  My wife's favorite part was getting some screen time at end when they were showing stuff from Kenny's birthday! 😂

14 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Agreed that 60 minutes was definitely not anywhere near long enough to come close cover everything.  His story is still being written though so maybe one day they'll be able to do a part two.

Loved the AJ footage, especially his dig at the WWE!  My wife's favorite part was getting some screen time at end when they were showing stuff from Kenny's birthday! 😂

It would be great if ESPN sees this as something worth expanding (30 for 30?).  If I was AEW, I'd be interested in getting involved, buying it outright or using their media connections to set something up.  Its probably complicated but as AEW is going to be a television/streaming property, buying the doc would be a nice addition to their library.