Wrestling

Rich

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Not for the reason that Trump is in charge that's a lame reason not to go.   If you don't go based on who is in charge then she would be severely limited on travel destinations as most leaders are shady/scummy.    Though it is funny that she would make an exception to go to "Sin City" lol.   

She had little interest in touring the US before.  Though I think its more because she's never thought of the US as overly interesting.  As I said, she loved Europe and has been several times.  So she saves money for trips like that.  But the "especially now" part is more of a moral opposition to the rising trend of racism and bigotry since Trump's come to power.  Vegas definitely doesn't excite her but we're planning a very short trip and she knows Kenny and wants to see the show.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Didn't they have a really cheezy PPV at Caesar's Palace?    I remember it being sold out but the show itself was a bit lame.

Yup.  Toga party.  Heavily comped if they did manage to sell out.  Im not a big fan of the outdoor day time shows.  Even All In will be a weird start time of 4PM though it will be indoors at least.

I always recommend for anyone going to Vegas regardless of personality type and age to go to any Cirque Du Soleil shows... they are a must see experience.    I've sent many people to see Mystere and Eau and everyone has came back very happy from the experience.

The next mention of that cheeto-dicked baboon better be a video of him getting stunnered...

Anyway, a red hot string of local shows starts on Friday with PCW's Top Cock w/ Dalton Castle. Should be a super fun show, I've got my tickets. They've been knocking it out of the park with their shows lately. Also grabbed tickets to WPW's Barrcade a couple weeks later with Joey Ryan. Again, should be a really fun show. Joey Ryan's booked as guest GM but that was arranged when it still looked like he'd be out with an injury right now so we'll see if that changes at all. Decided to skip out on the CWE show with Dan Severn the night after WPW. Their shows are kind of a pain in the ass to get to when you don't own a vehicle and live west of downtown. I can walk to WPW in 5 mins and it's a 15 minute bus ride to PCW. Transcona... I don't even know how the hell to take a bus out there and cabbing round trip ends up being an expensive night.  Either way, get out and see some damn wrestling! 

Edited by ediger

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I always recommend for anyone going to Vegas regardless of personality type and age to go to any Cirque Du Soleil shows... they are a must see experience.    I've sent many people to see Mystere and Eau and everyone has came back very happy from the experience.

I hate to say this but I’ve been three times and have never seen a Cirque. But I would like to see the Micheal Jackson one. 

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/14/wwe-jimmy-uso-arrested/

Jimmy Uso busted for disorderly conduct and obstruction.  Sounds moronic.

Naomi was driving them, pulled over for going wrong way down a one-way street.  Car reeked of booze so cops asked her to step out.  Uso goes nuts, gets out against orders, removes jacket and shirt and squares up to the cops.  

Uso's are great but man, thats stupid.

35 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/14/wwe-jimmy-uso-arrested/

Jimmy Uso busted for disorderly conduct and obstruction.  Sounds moronic.

Naomi was driving them, pulled over for going wrong way down a one-way street.  Car reeked of booze so cops asked her to step out.  Uso goes nuts, gets out against orders, removes jacket and shirt and squares up to the cops.  

Uso's are great but man, thats stupid.

End of the line for the Uso's? This isn't the first time something like this has happened. He's lucky he wasn't shot

31 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Pretty serious thing he did. You know the inside of the business more than I do but I can see Vince & Hunter coming down hard on him. And was Naomi drinking?

Uso's actions kinda read like he thought "oh ****, she's gonna get arrested." 

Highly recommend the @IAmJericho podcast with @TonyKhan, the CEO of the new AEW. What an incredible feeling to have someone that bleeds wrestling fandom (back to the ECW days) help fund a company like this.

— Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) February 14, 2019

Talk Is Jericho

Edited by JCon

37 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Pretty serious thing he did. You know the inside of the business more than I do but I can see Vince & Hunter coming down hard on him. And was Naomi drinking?

I think its pretty serious but WWE had let things go in the past I thought they wouldnt so thats why I think they wont do anything.

4 minutes ago, ediger said:

Uso's actions kinda read like he thought "oh ****, she's gonna get arrested." 

Im not sure fighting the cop arresting your wife as ever resulted in cop changing his mind. lol

Just now, JCon said:

Highly recommend the @IAmJericho podcast with @TonyKhan, the CEO of the new AEW. What an incredible feeling to have someone that bleeds wrestling fandom (back to the ECW days) help fund a company like this.

I suggest wrestling fans subscribe to the Wrestling Observer.  I've seen a lot of "news" posted here by people that was 3rd hand news reported in the Observer.  

Subscribers got a great interview with Khan  right after the Vegas rally.  Also a long interview with Kenny Omega that was very different than most.  And some other news sites were whining that AEW did not make Khan and Omega available for a scrum.  

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's a good interview. A good look into how serious Tony Khan is about starting a wrestling promotion and what his vision is.

Khan was a long-time subscriber to the observer (still is) and is even listed in some old newsletters when he sent in show reports and stuff.  A true fan to the core.

He was avid tape trader and would watch wrestling from everywhere.  Sounds like he was a big fan of Mid-South (Bill Watts) and maybe AEW will have a bit of southern rasslin in it's booking.

What's funny is, I grew up watching WWE because thats all we got (after they took AWA's time slot) but I was probably more of a fan of Southern wrestling (NWA, World Class, WCW) from the mark mags because it shows how those company treated it more like a sport than the cartoony aspect of WWE.

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Khan was a long-time subscriber to the observer (still is) and is even listed in some old newsletters when he sent in show reports and stuff.  A true fan to the core.

He was avid tape trader and would watch wrestling from everywhere.  Sounds like he was a big fan of Mid-South (Bill Watts) and maybe AEW will have a bit of southern rasslin in it's booking.

What's funny is, I grew up watching WWE because thats all we got (after they took AWA's time slot) but I was probably more of a fan of Southern wrestling (NWA, World Class, WCW) from the mark mags because it shows how those company treated it more like a sport than the cartoony aspect of WWE.

I got a lot of WCW stuff in the late 80s living in Saskatchewan. It was syndicated and I think I got it through USA Network (although that was a WWF partner, so I'm probably incorrect). 

Before that, I relied on Saturday Night's Main Event for best-vs-best wrestling, as Superstars was good-vs-jobber. 

With the Steiner Bros, Sting, Midnight Express, the Four Horseman, etc, etc, etc, etc., it was fantastic wrestling. 

(I'm not sure why the tag teams are the ones that immediately come to mind)

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

I got a lot of WCW stuff in the late 80s living in Saskatchewan. It was syndicated and I think I got it through USA Network (although that was a WWF partner, so I'm probably incorrect). 

Up until Jim Herd took over and then we got stuff like:

robocop-wcw-600x400.jpg

Undertaker confirmed for Starrcast (the convention at Double or Nothing).

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/02/14/wwe-undertaker-starrcast-all-elite-wrestling-double-nothing

Thats pretty big news.  WWE was not happy about guys doing the first Starrcast and were actively trying to get guys not to do it this year.  In fact, Starcast announced Ric Flair this week, waiting until after monday just in case Vince was so pissed he pulled Charlotte from the WM match (which was unlikely but thats the pressure being put on talent).

Talent confirmed:

All the Elite guys

Undertaker, Sting, Bret Hart, Kevin Nash, Ric Flair, Jim Ross, Eric Bischoff, Dave Metlzer, Bryan Alverez, Bruch prichard, Tony Schivioni, Jonathon Coachman, Jerry lawler, Lita, Scott Hall, Sean Waltman,  The Four Horsemen, David Arquette, Terry Funk, RVD, and a whole host of others.

Edited by The Unknown Poster

It's funny to watch the AEW guys start up with partnerships right off the hop and a plan that I think will help the wrestling industry overall while the WWE continues to take the "**** you! Give us your shirt!" approach.

Speaking of helping the industry, I think there could be a lot more opportunities for local guys when AEW comes through their town. They're talking about keeping the roster fairly small so they can make sure there's a plan for everyone on it. I get the feeling the roster size in conjunction with the higher emphasis on wins and losses might result in the return of the old-school jobber type. It makes way more sense to have your lower & mid card guys going over locals who can put together a decent match as opposed to trading wins and losses against each other and I think the AEW crew feels the same way.

Edited by ediger