Wrestling

Rich

10 hours ago, ediger said:

I hope you gave them just enough of the Kenny/AJ match to start a proper bidding war for the whole tape 😎

On an unrelated note, are there physical tickets available for Top Cock or are you just doing it all online?

The funny thing about the Kenny/AJ match is that I saw it once after the match took place (so back in 2006) but could not find it anywhere.  I'd moved twice since then and had boxes of old VHS and 8MM tapes, unmarked, of wrestling shows.  So I began digitizing them.  I still havent got through them all.  But when the doc people reached out, they really really wanted that match.

Kenny had explained in interviews that he was ready to quit wrestling after his WWE experience and it was the AJ match that made him stick with it.  So it was really important for them to have clips of the match.  So I set about frantically going through what I had.  Low and behold I find a DVD with the words "Kenny vs Styles" on it (it had been in a DVD case with an unmarked disc on top of the match disc).  

I was super excited only to find the disc would not play.  I gave it to the doc guys anyway, hoping their tech people could recover it (which reminds me I should ask them if they did as they said they'd give it to me...lol).  Well that was happening, I finally came across TWO different angles of the match on two different tapes.  These were one cam shoots (so would be decent for editing together).

I dont know for sure what they're using but I did see a short clip and in that clip, they had one snippet of the match, which was AJ holding up Kenny's arm after the match and a voice over from me (which I believe was actually from a different match but used here to make it seem like it was from the Kenny/AJ match).  So they got something.

If Kenny ever goes to WWE, Ill hold out for big bucks for that one lol.

Tickets!  Yes, I have hard tickets.  They will be available at the front desk of the hotel this week, at the front door of the bar on show night (barring a sell out) and you're always welcome to message me for tickets as well.  I appreciate the support!

In a cool thing, you can get the official TopCockTee exclusively via Pro Wrestling Tees:

https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/top-cock.html

Royal Rumble thoughts?

If they really have no one capable of producing a good rumble match, they should bring Pat Paterson out of retirement.

Really get the sense they were banking on getting The Elite.  Also, loved seeing the "Kenny Omega is in the Rumble" social media chatter.  I actually had people messaging me asking.  

Thought it was not bad. Women’s rumble was really good. Actually the women were the best part of the show. Bryan and Styles were in a tough spot their match was pretty good but the Rumble before it took all the air out of the building. Looks like Becky and Ronda will be the main event for Wrestlemania. 

Just now, Jpan85 said:

Thought it was not bad. Women’s rumble was really good. Actually the women were the best part of the show. Bryan and Styles were in a tough spot their match was pretty good but the Rumble before it took all the air out of the building. Looks like Becky and Ronda will be the main event for Wrestlemania. 

Women were highlight for me too.  Ronda/Sasha was sloppy in spots but over all really good, real emotion.  I hope they just embrace Ronda as a heel and let the fans boo her. They really want to.

Women's Rumble was atrocious in that first half.  Just some bad decisions there.  Lacey Evans is an interesting character (although she seems to have 3 or 4 gimmicks) so I dont mind putting her first and giving her time, but if you cant have a decent match (or spots) with Nattie, you're in trouble.  She blew everything she tried.  Maybe nerves.

Women's Rumble was better in the finish.  I thought Becky tapping out to Asuka was a bit much but its classic WWE to set up an opponent for Becky later.  The stuff at the end of the Rumble was well done though it made little sense to have an injury replacement like that (although the subtle thing is that Fit Finlay is Irish too but I bet they dont mention that).  Charlotte should now complain that she really won since Becky wasnt really in the match and set up Charlotte being added to the WM match.

Bryan/Styles.  I wonder if it was just the bad spot coming off the emotionally hot Becky/Charlotte finish or people arent into boo'ing Daniel.  They had a fine match but no one cared.  In that spot, they should call an audible and shave 10-15 minutes off.  And Rowen?  As soon as he came out, whatever heat there was, was sucked out of the building.

Men's rumble...loved the JJ spot.  Absurd to eliminate Angle so soon.  Another surprise or two would have been nice.  I think they feel using NXT guys showcases them to the wider audience which is true, but they all get tossed out anyway.  Solid work throughout though...just not very exciting.

The plan was brock/Seth all along so they stuck to their plan but....Seth seems ice cold.  Brock vs Seth just doesnt seem like a Wrestlemania main event...and after everything, to finally have Brock lose...to Seth.  I dont know.  They have their work cut out for them.  I kinda thought Roman would be a surprise actually...

That crap with Nia was....fun I guess.  But pretty absurd.  I assume its a public appeal to The Rock to save Wrestlemania.

A bit late on this one but if you get a chance to listen later, its well worth it.

And yes Hus asked him about his next move and Kenny said he was enjoying "going dark" and taking some time but that some announcements would be made soon...

I wonder what he's doing on Feb 15th 😉

And yes, I got a small shout out!  lol

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

A bit late on this one but if you get a chance to listen later, its well worth it.

And yes Hus asked him about his next move and Kenny said he was enjoying "going dark" and taking some time but that some announcements would be made soon...

I wonder what he's doing on Feb 15th 😉

And yes, I got a small shout out!  lol

Small shout out? I thought it was a big plug and quite insightful. Too bad he didn't have the next show name and date at his fingertips. You need to train him better!

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Small shout out? I thought it was a big plug and quite insightful. Too bad he didn't have the next show name and date at his fingertips. You need to train him better!

I was trying to be humble lol   I know, right!?  You could hear he was trying to remember.  Darn Hustler, I just talked to him couple weeks ago too so he knew the date.  Probably didnt have it at his fingertips either.  Oh well.  They can both make it up to me by being surprises at the show lol

Kenny was very gracious in talking about us (and me).  Great guy.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I was trying to be humble lol   I know, right!?  You could hear he was trying to remember.  Darn Hustler, I just talked to him couple weeks ago too so he knew the date.  Probably didnt have it at his fingertips either.  Oh well.  They can both make it up to me by being surprises at the show lol

Kenny was very gracious in talking about us (and me).  Great guy.

I thought it was a nice segment. It really shows how both you and him relied on one-another. He's not where he is unless he has a ring to work in and you provided it. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

I thought it was a nice segment. It really shows how both you and him relied on one-another. He's not where he is unless he has a ring to work in and you provided it. 

Yes, there is definitely a mutual respect and value.

The last time he was here, this past October, he was messaging me for creative for his match.  I really enjoy that aspect because he's super creative and its fun to build off each others ideas.  I think thats what made us work together so long, we were really on the same page creatively 99% of the time.   And when the Doc guy first called me he said Kenny told him to call me and I'd hook him up with everything he needs in Winnipeg.  

Im not sure if I told this story on here but after the last show, his match (which included cake and pies as part of a birthday gimmick for him) pretty much wrecked our canvas and he came to me and insisted I deduct the price of the canvas from his pay (which was already a friend price).

And he's very correct in that there were many times I wanted to walk away but I didnt because of him.  Both because I wanted to help him and also because he was there to help me.  Every time he works for us now, its a big pay day in my pocket.  So all those shows I lost money when Kenny and his compatriots were learning, it all comes back in the end.  But more than the money, the pride that he's the biggest wrestling star in the world and we had some small part.  

My former partner knew he was talented but just didnt see it like I did.  He bet on a different horse.  I always saw it in Kenny.  If I have any talent its in recognizing his talent early.  My one hidden talent I guess.  lol

22 minutes ago, Goalie said:

That Kacy Catanzaro was impressive as ****. Lacey is just a natural heel. 

I enjoyed Lacey as well. Just needs work. But she could be great in a character role and not put on the position to look bad.  

Kacy is green but amazing athlete. 

Im partial to Ruby Riot. Push her more!

9 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Women were highlight for me too.  Ronda/Sasha was sloppy in spots but over all really good, real emotion.  I hope they just embrace Ronda as a heel and let the fans boo her. They really want to.

Women's Rumble was atrocious in that first half.  Just some bad decisions there.  Lacey Evans is an interesting character (although she seems to have 3 or 4 gimmicks) so I dont mind putting her first and giving her time, but if you cant have a decent match (or spots) with Nattie, you're in trouble.  She blew everything she tried.  Maybe nerves.

Women's Rumble was better in the finish.  I thought Becky tapping out to Asuka was a bit much but its classic WWE to set up an opponent for Becky later.  The stuff at the end of the Rumble was well done though it made little sense to have an injury replacement like that (although the subtle thing is that Fit Finlay is Irish too but I bet they dont mention that).  Charlotte should now complain that she really won since Becky wasnt really in the match and set up Charlotte being added to the WM match.

Bryan/Styles.  I wonder if it was just the bad spot coming off the emotionally hot Becky/Charlotte finish or people arent into boo'ing Daniel.  They had a fine match but no one cared.  In that spot, they should call an audible and shave 10-15 minutes off.  And Rowen?  As soon as he came out, whatever heat there was, was sucked out of the building.

Men's rumble...loved the JJ spot.  Absurd to eliminate Angle so soon.  Another surprise or two would have been nice.  I think they feel using NXT guys showcases them to the wider audience which is true, but they all get tossed out anyway.  Solid work throughout though...just not very exciting.

The plan was brock/Seth all along so they stuck to their plan but....Seth seems ice cold.  Brock vs Seth just doesnt seem like a Wrestlemania main event...and after everything, to finally have Brock lose...to Seth.  I dont know.  They have their work cut out for them.  I kinda thought Roman would be a surprise actually...

That crap with Nia was....fun I guess.  But pretty absurd.  I assume its a public appeal to The Rock to save Wrestlemania.

What was the point of Nia Jax being in the men's Rumble? Funny how Strowman jumped in the ring the moment she was tossed out by Rey. And the Rowan thing? Another why moment as well. He's just a brutal wrestler. Fans neither like or respect him. He did suck the life out of that match. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Elias two turns in two months. Thought only The Big Show did that.

Big Show should have been one of the most dominant wrestler's in WWE but they turned him more times than a top. In the end, he lost all credibility as a wrestler & people stopped caring. It wrecked his career. he should have fought all the face & heel turns knowing what it would eventually do. He became a bit of a joke.

5 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Is it a money thing or just not happy with the direction of his character? 

Reportedly offered 5 years at over a million per.  So not money but AEW is giving out big deals too for, probably, less work.  

Never a better time to be a free agent.  WWE offering million dollar guarantees....crazy.

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Character. 

The heel turn & comments about Roman Reigns fighting leukemia really wasn't a good thing. Fans  may not have liked Reigns as a wrestler but he still is a human being going thru chemo therapy & cancer is something most people can relate to. What he said about Reigns was a huge negative as he could die. I found it mind boggling what they did with Ambrose.

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Reportedly offered 5 years at over a million per.  So not money but AEW is giving out big deals too for, probably, less work.  

Never a better time to be a free agent.  WWE offering million dollar guarantees....crazy.

Bringing back Hornswaggle as a leprechaun won't help ratings. 

2 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The heel turn & comments about Roman Reigns fighting leukemia really wasn't a good thing. Fans  may not have liked Reigns as a wrestler but he still is a human being going thru chemo therapy & cancer is something most people can relate to. What he said about Reigns was a huge negative as he could die. I found it mind boggling what they did with Ambrose.

I dont disagree.  Im generally of the belief that almost anything is fair game because its all about getting over and generating heat.  The plan would be for Roman to return and have a built in feud with Ambrose.

Part of the issue here is Ambrose came back in great shape and was promised the top heel spot where he'd challenge Roman at WM.  With Roman out, they switched to Rollins getting the top challenger spot at Wrestlemania.  

Plus, they screwed up Ambrose before, after the shield split.  They had something with him and they just did their usual "funny" booking.  Ambrose dislikes the hokey stuff and prefers serious angles.  So he's just been unhappy.

WWE has a few months to change his mind.  He could also take the summer off and wait til the fall when WWE's FOX deal kicks in and they have even more money to play with, as well AEW will be closer to everything coming to fruition.  He'd be a big score for AEW and I think would be a great signing for them.

I wonder when his wife's contract expires.  She'd be a solid get for AEW as well.  She's had ESPN offers and has a legit broadcasting background.