Wrestling

Rich

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Pushed too hard too soon. Very talented. Has gotten a lot better. 

Good for the WWE then to give him another shot. I just remember him on Friday Night Smackdown. Just how bad he was  & seemed to regress as a wrestler. In some bad storylines & eventually released.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Good for the WWE then to give him another shot. I just remember him on Friday Night Smackdown. Just how bad he was  & seemed to regress as a wrestler. In some bad storylines & eventually released.

I remember this too, but I also remember watching TNA a few times and thinking, "wow they really jump at any WWE scraps!" but they gave him a pretty solid push there. While I still wasn't overly impressed by him on TNA either, maybe with some better direction in NXT added with the experience he likely gained from headlining for a while might be a winning formula this time around

That last match Undertaker vs Reigns never should have happened. Undertaker just can't do it anymore. UT just stopped moving the longer the match went on. I just wish they'd have let him win his last match instead of losing to Reigns but that wasn't going to happen. If the fans hated Roman before the match, they'll truly hate him 10x more now.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

It was super underwhelming.  It was average and predictable at best which is terrible for the biggest show of the year.  There wasn't any real "Wrestlemania" moment for me, other than Taker retiring.

You mean you didn't shed a tear when Cena proposed to Nikki? I guess Goldberg's run with the WWE is now over.

12 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Because the 52 year old old school give back to the business undertaker lost to the younger reigns? Bro you are a huge smark who just can't be pleased because you truly think you know what's best because you run a rinky dink local promotion

Ummm excuse me?  Are you drunk or just wearing your big boy panties and decide playing internet tough guy sounds fun tonight. Come down to my rinky dink promotion and insult me. You're the most condescending know it all on these boards. Don't be mad bro just because you don't know anything about a business I'm in.  I don't claim to know it all because I run a local promotion.  But how does you not being involved in this business for 16 years like me qualify your opinion to mean more than mine?  Smark isnt an insult but mark can be when those of us smart to the business refer to people like you that way  

Are we done?  Can we discuss the show or do you want to keep popping Off? 

Like really. You have zero clue. 

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

That last match Undertaker vs Reigns never should have happened. Undertaker just can't do it anymore. UT just stopped moving the longer the match went on. I just wish they'd have let him win his last match instead of losing to Reigns but that wasn't going to happen. If the fans hated Roman before the match, they'll truly hate him 10x more now.

This is a much better take that goalies (presumably) drunken attack on me out of nowhere. 

I don't think the match should not have happened at all. But it sure shouldn't have been the main event. And the result means nothing. They will push roman vs Brock for next years WM with the idea they're the only two to have beaten Taker at Wm. but Vince keeps fighting an uphill battle. 

It's apparent to everyone. You don't have to be a smark or run a local Indy to see it. Only a really really stupid person would think Vince is infallible. 

And i agree about hating roman. The fans won't see that as a respect thing. If they had turned roman two years ago like they should have, he'd be a top face right now 

that's what certain people fail to understand 

that wasn't all that was wrong tonight.  The show is ridiculously too long.  The only thing special was the Hardy's return which was very cool. That crowd was so burned out though. Imagine being there for 7 hours in that heat?  Crazy. 

Show was a big meh

22 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Because the 52 year old old school give back to the business undertaker lost to the younger reigns? Bro you are a huge smark who just can't be pleased because you truly think you know what's best because you run a rinky dink local promotion

And would you like me to explain why your statement above about Taker and roman makes no sense? That way you won't look silly when popping off on other people that get it more than you.  Let me know  I'm a nice guy like that.  By the way my rinky dink promotion just celebrated 15 years this past Friday by over selling the bar venue we ran and having to turn people away.  

My remark about Vince was not just the main event but the show as a whole. Regarding the main event it was a dreadful decision. The match has no chance to be good. The result had no chance to get over. And if Vince didn't care about any of that because he wanted to end WM with the Undertaker symbolically retiring that's fine. But wrong match. Wrong opponent. Wrong finish.  and yup, I do know better. 

30 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Bunch of smarks in here. 

That was a pretty solid show. Taker vs Reigns was botchamania tho. 

If easy to please marks enjoyed it that's cool. It doesn't diminish the opinion of harder to please smarks though. 

Felt like a 7 hour episode of raw. But with less enjoyable talking and angles. Big meh is right. Hardy's was the highlight. 

43 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

This is a much better take that goalies (presumably) drunken attack on me out of nowhere. 

I don't think the match should not have happened at all. But it sure shouldn't have been the main event. And the result means nothing. They will push roman vs Brock for next years WM with the idea they're the only two to have beaten Taker at Wm. but Vince keeps fighting an uphill battle. 

It's apparent to everyone. You don't have to be a smark or run a local Indy to see it. Only a really really stupid person would think Vince is infallible. 

And i agree about hating roman. The fans won't see that as a respect thing. If they had turned roman two years ago like they should have, he'd be a top face right now 

that's what certain people fail to understand 

that wasn't all that was wrong tonight.  The show is ridiculously too long.  The only thing special was the Hardy's return which was very cool. That crowd was so burned out though. Imagine being there for 7 hours in that heat?  Crazy. 

Show was a big meh

I was thinking somewhat the same when the show ran nearly 5 1/2 hours not including the pre-matches. Speaking of pre WM pre-matches, what is the point of pushing Mojo Rawley over Luke Harper in the Andre The Giant Battle Royal? He should be the guy they push now not frigging Rawley.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Now that I'm on a computer I can type easier then my phone.  Ill run through some WM thoughts (hope to hear some others too).  Keep in mind, I've been involved in wrestling for 16 years so take my opinion with a grain of salt  lol

I watched at a friends place with a group so I might have to review the show alone.  But man..was it long.  WAAAAAY too long,  Im not even sure why they do that since its not like it makes them more money.  They aren't going to draw more fans or viewers if they show is 3-4 hours versus 7.  I get why they do a pre show, to spread out the fans' arrival.  But boy I can't imagine being there in that heat all day.  I have some friends there so Ill ask them about it.

LOVED the security person not knowing Gronk was hitting the ring.  Good for her.  

Missed the IC match.

Shane vs AJ was pretty darn good.  Post show, people in my viewing party, some thought this was match of the night.  

Owens vs Jericho was good.  Not spectacular but pretty good, especially for the spot it was in.  Obviously the right finish too.

RAW Women's match - good but too short especially for elimination rules.  Some good work.  Charlotte is so athletic.  Everyone assumed Charlotte would win.  I predicted Bayley but probably would have gone with Charlotte if it was me booking.  But the point is to keep getting Bayley over to the level she was before she was poorly booked when called up.

Ladder Match was good.  Again, not spectacular compared to other ladder matches.  Funny, when we did pre-match predictions at my viewing party I picked Enzo & Cass "unless the Hardy's showed up".  Looks like they cant use their "Broken" gimmick but maybe the best moment of the show was their return and winning the titles.

Cena/Nikki vs Miz/Maryse - expected more with it likely being Cena and Nikki's last matches for awhile but it was pretty basic and simple.  Mia is gold.  Really deserves a big push coming out of this.  Had lots of people cheering for him.  The proposal was very contrived an expected based on the booking but yay for love.

HHH vs Seth - this one is tough.  It was well worked as every Hunter match will be but the fans were pretty dead most of the way and the match seemed boring and anti-climatic.  The booking really cut the balls off this thing (as did Seth getting hurt) and they just seemed like they weren't going to change their minds on the match.  Not sure I like the finish either.  Steph takes a table bump off an accidental push by Hunter (so the heat isn't even Seth's) and Hunter is distracted by his wife being hurt and gets taken out (so the heat for the victory isn't really on Seth either).  They botched Seth's face turn from the beginning and paid for it here.

Bray vs Orton - two meh wrestlers had a meh match.  Cool thing was the graphics on the mat but "hokey" isnt usually a good thing and the crowd was dead

Goldberg vs Brock - Exactly as it should have been.  Probably should have been the main although it was fairly short.  But the crowd was into it and it was booked perfectly.  

SD Women's match - good for what it was.

Roman vs Taker - ugh.  Wrong match, wrong finish.  Originally, it was to be Cena vs Undertaker which surely would have been better since Cena is a better worker than Roman and you could have had Taker go over and still "retire".  But Vince is relentlessly obsessed with the idea that Roman is the next big thing ever when its so obvious he isn't.  Taker is very smart but Roman isn't good enough to carry the way in a match like this with a broken down Taker.  Put this match on early and its fine.  Have Taker go over...and its okay too.  The idea that this was the veteran giving back is passe thinking.  Its always Vince's call.  Plus the streak is over anyway.  This is all about Brock vs Roman next year.  

Again, way too long.  Awesome set.  Thats about all.

8 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I was thinking somewhat the same when the show ran nearly 5 1/2 hours not including the pre-matches. Speaking of pre WM pre-matches, what is the point of pushing Mojo Rawley over Luke Harper in the Andre The Giant Battle Royal? He should be the guy they push now not frigging Rawley.

I can only assume it was because of the Gronk thing and them being friends.  I think the original idea of the Battle Royale concept was it would help get someone over but on the pre show its really just about warming up the crowd.

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Probably the most contrived ever was Macho Man marrying Miss Elizabeth... That was pretty close. The whole angle was leading to Cena's proposal.

Yeah true.  Especially since they were already married and actually about to split up! lol

Couple thoughts:

- I was thinking Big Show was going to win the Battle Royal and then retire. My second choice was Sammy Zayn. I can't see Mojo getting over. He seems like a goof. The security incident with Gronk was pretty funny.

- Shane vs. Styles was arguably the best match. I'm not sure if that's a compliment to that match, or an indictment of the rest of the night. The Raw women's match was also really good.

- Hardys coming back was definitely the highlight of the night.

- I thought Seth Rollins oversold the knee. Made the match seem a little cheesy to me.

- Miz is my favourite wrestler right now. Hated seeing them basically get squashed at the end, but I understand Cena & Bella had to win to set up the proposal. Enjoyed the crowd reaction throughout the match.

- Wyatt & Orton was kind of boring, & I disagree with Orton getting the belt. I've never been a fan of him

- Lesnar's match was done perfectly imo.

- I didn't hate the final match.  I like Roman Reigns. I was half expecting a Finn Baylor run it to help Taker, have him win, and then Baylor would get the push from helping Taker win his final match, and have an immediate feud with Reigns. Reigns could have beat up Baylor on Raw tonight and it could have been his heel turn. I had it all figured out...

-Overall all just waaay to f'ing long.

Have to agree with everyone that the show is too long, although it did hold my attention... might not be the same for a more casual fan.

Fan backlash got the Smackdown women's match moved off the pre-show but honestly it probably would have gotten more time there.

Mojo has been getting pushed for weeks.  I was not surprised to see him win the battle royal but good for him.  More surprised that Jinder Mahal was the second last man standing.

Goldberg vs Brock was perfect.  For a moment I actually believed Goldberg was going to win, even though I knew he wouldn't going in.

Loved, loved, loved seeing Steph go through the table.  So rare to see Steph get shown up.  Average match with a great finish.

What can you say about Shane McMahon?  People doubted he'd be able to roll with AJ but that was an excellent match.

HARDY BOYYYYZ.  That is all!

Taker vs Roman deserved the main event because it was Taker's retirement match.  There was nothing bigger than that on the show.  Not the "best" match for obvious reasons but the fact that it was likely his last ever means it had to be the main.  Taker deserved it.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show.  Better than WM32 but not as good as WM31.  8/10.