Wrestling

Rich

7 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Need to watch NXT Zayne had some of the best matches in its history. The 2-3 falls match he just had with Samoa Joe was awesome. The feud he had with Kevin Owens was epic.

I'm a wrestling fan to the extent I now only barely watch Raw & Smackdown. Other wrestling doesn't interest me much anymore. I know Zayne was a great wrestler in NXT. He suffered a severe shoulder injury & lost over a year. He has potential but jury's out. Vince may bury him like he did Tyler Breeze.

The Green Bastard was brilliant. Lots of things to like about that show. Ricky bragging about finally getting his gr 9 education like it's 1931, Julian & his rye & coke, Ricky working as a mall cop & sliding down that hill into the river over & over retrieving shopping carts, Mr Leahey, Steve French, etc.

well husky harris has never struck me as one in mint physical condition,  however I can attest that it doesnt take a whole lot to tweak your back, but when you do,  holy balls is it painful for the next few months, even just laying down trying to sleep can prove excruciating.

Luckily for WWE they've done sweet nothing with the Wyatts so this doesnt really hurt the WM card.  however now that it reduced the Wyatts numbers to 3, maybe we see Harper, Rowan and Stroman mix it up a bit with New day and/or LoN and get a 3 way title picture going on, maybe 4 if you throw in the Lucha dragons, and just keep the Usos and Dudleys seperate

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Lol beats me. Maybe bending over backwards. Seems to be moving ok so I'll guess he works WM. 

thats really all it takes, I was doing acid washing on some building downtown on lombard from a swing stage a few years ago, and when your constantly arching your back like a C, it really takes the slightest movement and you pull something. I remember going to tie my work boots and it was like pop. i did something to the discs in my lower back and was down and out for like 3 months on such a trivial movement

I look forward to seeing Lesnar make Stroman his little ***** .  What a useless wrestler he is. Stroman needs to go back to NXT or on the Indy circuit to actually learn how to wrestle as he sure can't now. Other than the choke hold does he even have any moves? Well, he loves to scream, I guess. The only one of the 4 with real talent is Luke Harper. For a big, big man he can move in the ring. The other 3 including Wyatt I could care less. I really think they should spruce him up, change & clean up his image & make him a heel singles wrestler. He doesn't need to be a part of the Wyatt Family to be successful. I actually think it's holding him back.

Edited by iso_55

Luke Harper is too ugly for a cleaned-up look.  I think what you see with Harper is what you're always going to get.  Apparently he has been wrestling in the jeans/beater outfit since he started.  I don't even think he's been that good in the ring lately.  They need to get him and Rowan fighting tag team matches regularly again.  A rivalry with Harper/Rowan would be a better program for the New Day than their feud with League of Nations.

37 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Luke Harper is too ugly for a cleaned-up look.  I think what you see with Harper is what you're always going to get.  Apparently he has been wrestling in the jeans/beater outfit since he started.  I don't even think he's been that good in the ring lately.  They need to get him and Rowan fighting tag team matches regularly again.  A rivalry with Harper/Rowan would be a better program for the New Day than their feud with League of Nations.

Harper is really good.  He was getting pretty over for awhile too but they seemed to just shoe horn him into the hillbilly role.  He could be a solid upper card guy in my opinion.  He knows how to work.

10 hours ago, iso_55 said:

I look forward to seeing Lesnar make Stroman his little ***** .  What a useless wrestler he is. Stroman needs to go back to NXT or on the Indy circuit to actually learn how to wrestle as he sure can't now. Other than the choke hold does he even have any moves? Well, he loves to scream, I guess. The only one of the 4 with real talent is Luke Harper. For a big, big man he can move in the ring. The other 3 including Wyatt I could care less. I really think they should spruce him up, change & clean up his image & make him a heel singles wrestler. He doesn't need to be a part of the Wyatt Family to be successful. I actually think it's holding him back.

There were rumors Stroman was a way better worker than it seemed and he was being held back until WrestleMania where he could show his stuff.  But you're right, that seems crazy because he looks so uncoordinated.  He's a huge guy so there is merit to using him, but he should still be in NXT learning to work first.  But Vince (and Hunter) are body guys.  Just be thankful they changed their minds on him as there was talk of him vs Undertaker one on one at Wrestlemania for awhile!

Sting's pro wrestling career is over, neck injury too severe

By Dave Meltzer | @davemeltzerWON | Mar 17, 2016 10:25 am

TMZ reported today what has been pretty well known for some time, that Sting is retired as a pro wrestler due to the neck injuries suffered in the Night of Champions match with Seth Rollins.

Sting was diagnosed with spinal stenosis and told that he needed surgery, which is it believed he has not yet gotten.  According to the story, Steve Borden has seen several doctors who all agreed that he shouldn't return to the ring.

Sting was injured twice in the match with Rollins in September, both times taking power bombs into the turnbuckles.  He went limp briefly the second time but was able to finish the match.

The story said Sting may officially announce his retirement at the Hall of Fame ceremony on 4/2 in Dallas, where he is the main event inductee.

Real shame.  Especially how WWE used him.  Almost criminal misuse of a longtime star.

Good for Hogan. From Observer:

The Florida jury just came back with a verdict awarding Hulk Hogan $115 million in his case with Gawker Media.  The case will obviously be appealed and there is very little chance he will be getting anything close to that figure. But the verdict sends a strong message to the media regarding publishing sex tapes of people without their consent.

The jury broke down the verdict as $55 million in lost economic injuries and $60 million in emotional distress.  

Gawker would have to post $50 million to take it to the appeals court, which makes that aspect tricky as well, as the verdict could force the company into either bankruptcy or sale. There was a great deal of potential evidence Gawker was hoping to introduce that didn't make the trial due to the rulings of judge Pamela Campbell and Gawker is going to use that in its appeal.