Random News Items

Rich

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Testimony today indicates the babies were likely alive when born.  But so badly decayed they cannot determine cause of death.  I suspect this woman is going to get away with murder or manslaughter (since she wasnt charged with either).  Horrific.

I think it's easier to convince a jury that at least one/two were alive rather then they were all dead at birth and on top of all the other charges thats all you need.

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I think it's easier to convince a jury that at least one/two were alive rather then they were all dead at birth and on top of all the other charges thats all you need.

Yes but she was only charged with improper storage of a body I think (or something like that).  So the Crown didnt feel they could prove murder.  the thought she might have given birth to six babies she didnt want and let them die is incredibly disturbing.  Ill hold my outrage in check until the trial's conclusion.

13 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yes but she was only charged with improper storage of a body I think (or something like that).  So the Crown didnt feel they could prove murder.  the thought she might have given birth to six babies she didnt want and let them die is incredibly disturbing.  Ill hold my outrage in check until the trial's conclusion.

Can still do it later.

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

A mental assessment is obviously needed, that lady was crazy and her husband had to be a complete moron.

4 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Another disturbing day south of the border. Eight people from the same family shot and killed execution-style in Ohio. In Georgia, 5 people (related but they haven't said how) shot and killed by a man who later committed suicide. SMH

Is this confirmed? Just heard the morning news (radio) say one man is still at large...

spared several children. 

7 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Is this confirmed? Just heard the morning news (radio) say one man is still at large...

spared several children. 

The Georgia shooter is dead but the Ohio shooter(s) are at large last time I saw an update.

Edited by Jacquie

4 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Very very strong gun lobby which has convinced a lot of stupid and intelligent people that gun reform is the first step of a slippery slop to repealing the constitution and subjecting the people. Sure it's stupid. But people can be dumb. 

An entire nation. Boggles the mind. Sanders will be the closest the Americans ever come to free health care in their lifetimes & he's going to lose.

http://www.metronews.ca/views/winnipeg/urban-compass/2016/05/02/a-carnival-next-to-the-cmhr-is-perfectly-appropriate.html

apparently the carnival they hold at the forks since forever is now being denied its permit, reason is it's inappropriate to have it so close to the human rights museum.  lol what a load of BS. If that was the case they should move the goldeyes field, the skate park, ban that ice sculpture city that was there too,  cuz heaven forbid people have fun near the CMHR

Ive never been to the one on panet (tho i heard of their incident) i drove by there on sat night and was a little surprised to see that carnival going on,  but also the KP parking lot at the same time.  Ive been to the one at KP and from what i remember it was usually held on mothers day.  weird they would have moved the date up and had them both running like a block from each other

Arsenio Hall is suing Sinnead O'Connor for $5mill over claims he was supplying Prince drugs

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/arsenio-hall-sues-sinead-o-connor-defamation-related-prince-s-n569261?cid=sm_fb

Arsenio Hall is suing Sinead O'Connor for defamation after the Irish singer claimed the former late-night talk show host plied Prince with drugs over decades.

In the suit, filed Thursday in Los Angeles Superior Court, Hall seeks $5 million and slams the outspoken singer as a "desperate, attention-seeker (who) has maliciously published outlandish defamatory lies" about him.

He denied O'Connor's claims that he had provided the late pop superstar with "hard drugs" and even spiked her with drugs in the past.

160506-arsenio-hall-sinead-connor-mn-081

Aresnio Hall and Sinead O'Connor AP file

O'Connor, 49, made the accusation in a Facebook post Monday as reports surfaced that Prince allegedly suffered from a prescription painkiller addiction before his unexpected death April 21 at his Paisley Park estate. In addition, 911 logs related to the late star reveal that a woman placed a call in 2011 saying she was concerned about Prince's alleged "cocaine habits."

O'Connor wrote: "Two words for the DEA investigating where prince got his drugs over the decades.... Arsenio Hall (AKA Prince's and Eddie Murphy's b---h)."

Related: Cops Got Unverified Tip About Prince and Cocaine in 2011

"Anyone imagining prince was not a long time hard drug user is living in cloud cuckoo land," she added.

She followed up the post with another rambling tirade on Tuesday referring to Hall as having "unfathomable narcissism."

Play2016-05-05t11-32-42-033z--1280x720.nbcne
 Feds join Prince's death investigation, role of addiction doctor questioned 2:40

A longtime attorney for the "Purple Rain" musician, however, has disputed the reports of drug use, calling any such claims "foolish."

O'Connor knew Prince from covering his song, "Nothing Compares 2 U," in 1990; her version was a worldwide hit. In later interviews, however, she said that she only met Prince a couple of times, and that they did not get along.

Prince, meanwhile, had performed on Hall's late-night show. The TV host and actor added that he has not had contact with O'Connor in 25 years and that her "malicious and reckless lies" have "spread like wildfire across the media throughout the United States and the world."

O'Connor did not immediately respond to the lawsuit Friday.

(CNN)Three people are dead following separate shootings in the past 24 hours in Maryland, and a law enforcement officer recently placed on administrative lead could be the suspect in all three shootings, police said.

On Friday, one man was killed, and two others -- a man and a woman -- were wounded after being shot outside the Westfield Montgomery Mall in Bethesda, outside Washington, according to police.
The wounded man is in critical condition at a local hospital, according to Captain Paul Starks, Montgomery County, Maryland Police.
Separately, another woman was shot and killed outside a Giant grocery store in the same area, according to Montgomery County Police Department Assistant Chief Darryl McSwain.

The suspected gunman remains on the loose.

On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎23 at 5:15 PM, iso_55 said:

Americans will fight to the death under their 2nd ammendment rights to bear arms but don't seem to care about free & affordable health care. Makes no sense at all.

'free'?  'affordable'?

No such thing as 'free healthcare'  We pay through the wazoo in taxes, just to wait in line for hours for healthcare.

And hopefully you don't one of these joke Dr.'s who say;  'You can only bring one issue to my attention per visit.'   What a joke.