Random News Items

Rich

3 hours ago, JCon said:

You can check if you're owed money by logging into your Service Canada account. 

I have been denied access to my account. They initially took away access because of the security issues they had. It took months to contact them and get a response and then months for my request to have my account unlocked. When my claim was finally filed, the agent told me to contact them every week to get an update on my account. Getting in contact with them proved very difficult and when I finally was able to contact my new case manager there was a lot of issues on her behalf. Basically I was expected to carry all my previous tax records around with me to complete their security screen each time they called. I carried it around for weeks, waiting for them to return my call. When I finally was able to get my account unlocked, I was unable to access it due to not having my taxes paid. I required information from my account to do my taxes.... I cannot imagine how someone would be able to jump through all their hoops with a 9-5 job. They basically require you to always be ready to answer your phone and have documentation with you. /rant over. Apparently contact with the CRA and any branch of the feds is a trigger of mine. So many issues over the past year or two.

41 minutes ago, WildPath said:

I have been denied access to my account. They initially took away access because of the security issues they had. It took months to contact them and get a response and then months for my request to have my account unlocked. When my claim was finally filed, the agent told me to contact them every week to get an update on my account. Getting in contact with them proved very difficult and when I finally was able to contact my new case manager there was a lot of issues on her behalf. Basically I was expected to carry all my previous tax records around with me to complete their security screen each time they called. I carried it around for weeks, waiting for them to return my call. When I finally was able to get my account unlocked, I was unable to access it due to not having my taxes paid. I required information from my account to do my taxes.... I cannot imagine how someone would be able to jump through all their hoops with a 9-5 job. They basically require you to always be ready to answer your phone and have documentation with you. /rant over. Apparently contact with the CRA and any branch of the feds is a trigger of mine. So many issues over the past year or two.

You not log in using your bank info. That's how i do it. Easy peazy.

23 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

You not log in using your bank info. That's how i do it. Easy peazy.

My bank isn't one of the supported ones unfortunately. I believe this still wouldn't work for me because I've now been officially preventing from accessing my account. Should be resolved now that they gave me the information for taxes over the phone. Took about an hour, but should be good to go finally.

On 2022-08-09 at 10:48 AM, Tracker said:

Apparently she was shitfaced drunk when she rammed her home, and police have applied for a warrant o seize her blood samples taken at the hospital to check her BAC.

Anne Heche under influence of cocaine at time of crash, according to LAPD

New information given by the LAPD points towards narcotics as being a primary factor in Heche's near fatal crash

New information has been released by the Los Angeles Police Department providing further background on the factors involved in Anne Heche's near fatal car crash last week. While it was widely speculated that Heche had been under the influence of alcohol at the time of the crash, tests of her blood performed at the hospital show signs of cocaine and fentanyl, according to TMZ.

Heche is still considered to be in critical condition following her crash last Friday, and a spokesperson says she is suffering from a "significant pulmonary injury requiring mechanical ventilation and burns that require surgical intervention."

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Don't know whether to laugh or feel revulsed at this display of idiocy.

Sadness, complete sadness. That there are people this deluded and this empowered in their delusions is a tragedy. That there are people in power that encourage this and say they need to be listened to is sickening.

Hopefully they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for assaulting law enforcement as they would be if their skin was a different colour. That or given the help they need for whatever is malfunctioning in their heads so they can become productive members of society that aren't prone to behaviour such as this.

This is very concerning to me when I think how this will progress (regress?) in time.

39 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Peterborough, ON. Three Qlowns were charged yesterday: https://globalnews.ca/news/9060426/romana-didulo-peterborough/

"Didulo, the self-proclaimed “Queen of Canada,” arrived in the city in a crowd-funded RV on Saturday "

people will give money, hard earned, to anyone.

in fairness, she handed out sardines to her followers. 

5 hours ago, Mark F said:

"Didulo, the self-proclaimed “Queen of Canada,” arrived in the city in a crowd-funded RV on Saturday "

people will give money, hard earned, to anyone.

in fairness, she handed out sardines to her followers. 

She ought to have handed out Surstromming.  https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj5zaDEhMz5AhWBkIkEHaKSDQsQwqsBegQIAxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FItsGoneViralOfficial%2Fvideos%2Fhilarious-surstr%C3%B6mming-challenge%2F257274119265360%2F&usg=AOvVaw1NwHctP0KVzJ7UXhBJvtnw

This would be a very accurate depiction of voter reaction to these cretins.

Edited by Tracker