Random News Items

Rich

30 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I truly hope this never comes to fruition and they can’t get a licence to peddle more trumpism to his cult..

Do not give him any kind of platform, even from prison.

In all likelihood, this is just another empty threat by Trump, lashing out at anyone and anything that was not sufficiently supine or rabidly enthusiastic enough in his opinion. Trump is going to be so involved in defending himself and his interests in the courts that he will not have either the time or money for anything else.

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Former Popes John Paul II and Benedict XVI knew of misconduct allegations against disgraced ex-cardinal McCarrick, one of the most prominent figures in the US Catholic Church before his fall from power, Vatican report finds. https://nbcnews.to/3n98hAx

Business as usual at the Vatican.

On 2020-11-10 at 3:11 PM, Tracker said:

Business as usual at the Vatican.

Except that they are now doing investigations and making those investigations public. It's a step in the right direction but they are so far over the line, it's hard to give them any credit. Francis better live a long time to see reforms through the whole church. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Except that they are now doing investigations and making those investigations public. It's a step in the right direction but they are so far over the line, it's hard to give them any credit. Francis better live a long time to see reforms through the whole church. 

A few months ago,  the Pope stated that there were 500-700 pedophiles in the Church, and many of these have risen into positions of power. If they follow the patterns of other pedophiles, they will have established networks to share victims and techniques as well as to protect and promote each other.

I have had occasion to help priests and some of things they witnessed and experienced have confirmed my suspicion that the organization is rotten to the point where it cannot be redeemed.

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

A few months ago,  the Pope stated that there were 500-700 pedophiles in the Church, and many of these have risen into positions of power. If they follow the patterns of other pedophiles, they will have established networks to share victims and techniques as well as to protect and promote each other.

I have had occasion to help priests and some of things they witnessed and experienced have confirmed my suspicion that the organization is rotten to the point where it cannot be redeemed.

That is sad. I have no love for religious institutions but I accept that they exist and can do good. I've just never been proven correct. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

That is sad. I have no love for religious institutions but I accept that they exist and can do good. I've just never been proven correct. 

The vast majority of drivers do not drive while drunk, yet we still work hard to keep them off the road, as we should. The same applies to police, clergy, politicians, teachers, boy scout troop leaders and so forth.