Random News Items

Rich

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/spacex-high-speed-internet-1.5618918

Elon Musk's SpaceX has applied to offer high-speed internet to Canadians living in remote areas by beaming it to them via satellites.

The Globe and Mail newspaper first reported that space exploration company SpaceX applied with Canada's telecom regulator, the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), for what's known as a Basic International Telecommunications Services, or BITS, licence.

CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta: 'We Are Right Back To Square One' On Flattening The Curve
"We should be having a new discussion, which is ‘bring this down to near zero,'" CNN's chief medical correspondent said of the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S.
By Lee Moran, HuffPost US

CNN’s chief medical correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, on Monday warned that “we are right back to square one” when it comes to flattening the curve of coronavirus infections in some parts of the United States.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

I choose to believe the good side of things. I’d rather not indulge in wasting time thinking of other strange occurrences

According to the report, that "noose/loop" had been hanging there for some time, but NOBODY noticed it. Seems very unlikely to me.

21 minutes ago, Tracker said:

According to the report, that "noose/loop" had been hanging there for some time, but NOBODY noticed it. Seems very unlikely to me.

I don’t know anything about racing, or events surrounding racing, so my thoughts are based on little information.
But was that garage or space used at the time?
By other racers or maybe it was being used for storage until racing resumed?
And if it was, did any of those times have the same “atmosphere”, ie. spotlight on a specific race?

Maybe it was “noticed” at this time because who was using the garage and some people jumped to conclusions.

Was it really a noose, or a rope thrown over a bar or something that could be construed as a noose? 
Maybe somebody did cry wolf. 
I don’t know.

But if Bubba is relieved, then so am I.

Not really a random news event, but thought I’d ask on here. Anybody know a good seamstress in Winnipeg? Got some new dress slacks for work and need a little work done on them. Unfortunately, grandmas poor eye sight  means she can no longer do the work. 

39 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Not really a random news event, but thought I’d ask on here. Anybody know a good seamstress in Winnipeg? Got some new dress slacks for work and need a little work done on them. Unfortunately, grandmas poor eye sight  means she can no longer do the work. 

I'd go to google maps and search for seamstress. Another idea is a local facebook group.

11 hours ago, Tiny759 said:

There are lots.  Like Frosty said, do a google search because where you live (or work) will determine where you'd want to try.  I've used a couple over the last few years (one in Transcona & one in Winnipeg Square) that I would have no issues recommending to people - both were quick, very reasonably priced, and most importantly - quality work.