Random News Items

Rich

Humans are strange.

https://www.history.com/news/ct-scan-reveals-mummified-monk-inside-ancient-buddha-statue

Researchers brought a millennium-old statue of the Buddha, which had been on loan to the Drents Museum in the Netherlands, to the state-of-the-art hospital in the hopes that modern medical technology could shed light on an ancient mystery. For hidden inside the gold-painted figure was a secret—the mummy of a Buddhist monk in a lotus position.

The way this is done is described in the artile.

If it was the plot of a  horror movie, you would think it was laughable.

Edited by Mark F

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well this kind of bites, but at least 30% of the time the wifi wasn't working (for me anyways, I don't have an unlimited data plan for my phone)

What they could do is partner with BellMTS where if you are a BellMTS home internet sub you could just login with your ID for the wifi.

Shaw needs to get going on their cell network.

On 2019-07-09 at 11:31 AM, bigg jay said:

I haven't seen mention in any news stories identifying which hotel this gas leak occurred in.  Is there some unspoken rule in the media that the business should not be identified?  I think they deserve to be outed not protected from bad publicity.

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I haven't seen mention in any news stories identifying which hotel this gas leak occurred in.  Is there some unspoken rule in the media that the business should not be identified?  I think they deserve to be outed not protected from bad publicity.

It's the Super 8 on Portage, right at the Perimeter. I saw it mentioned and pictured in many of articles I read. 

Just now, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

In my defence they did update the photo used in the story, yesterday I could not find the name of the hotel mentioned.

All good. I drive by it weekly on my way to the Y, so that's how I knew where it was.