Random News Items

Rich

Freedom of expression,   I'm not saying it's right by any means at all.  

I've seen a house in Elmwood which I can't remember exactly what it says but something to do with Jesus in big bold letters.    Some folks may find this offensive so should this person also be forced to take down the words?

While I don't think their is any reason to have a Nazi flag at all,  it's a slippery slope where in a country like Canada where everyone is free to have their own beliefs.  If you start banning peoples beliefs where does it stop? 

53 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Freedom of expression,   I'm not saying it's right by any means at all.  

I've seen a house in Elmwood which I can't remember exactly what it says but something to do with Jesus in big bold letters.    Some folks may find this offensive so should this person also be forced to take down the words?

While I don't think their is any reason to have a Nazi flag at all,  it's a slippery slope where in a country like Canada where everyone is free to have their own beliefs.  If you start banning peoples beliefs where does it stop? 

Meh, someone loving Jesus is generally a positive thing.  If that Jesus person also wants Muslim's killed or whatever thats not a religious thing really...its a crazy thing.  Big difference between Jesus' teachings and Hitler's teachings.  And between Religion and something that exists solely for hate,.

I dont think it's a slippery slope. 

32 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm not disagreeing in things being banned,  but if they can ban a flag could we not also then ban burqa's or other non Canadian ways of belief?

I understand what youre saying but that might not be the best comparison.  The Burqa is a real thing whereas a Nazi flag is not representing a nation.  Its literally exists only to represent a hateful movement.  Just because it's on a flag doesnt give it legitimacy.  Same with the confederate flag for that matter (and I actually had one of those when I was a kid).

Watch the US government step in to save Monsanto./Bayer 

In a bombshell verdict, a couple in California have been awarded more than $2 billion in punitive damages in their civil case against Monsanto, after accusing the maker of Roundup weed killer of causing their cancer.

Alva Pilliod and wife Alberta of Livermore, both in their 70s, were diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in 2011 and 2015, respectively. The couple, married for close to 50 years, claimed that they'd sprayed Roundup on their various properties for decades.

The Oakland jury, which awarded each spouse $1 billion in punitive damages in addition to other damages, found that the active ingredient in Roundup -- glyphosate -- had likely caused the couple's cancer.

This is the third verdict against Monsanto in Roundup cases and the biggest so far. The company is facing thousands of lawsuits.

yahoo news.

6 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

It's absolute bull crap,  come on as if they need to expand the hours.  It's absolutely ridiculous.   I see more kids playing around the local community club and the park across the street from my house then at the parks near schools at 5:00 pm.  

When I was in Ontario last month they had school areas where when a yellow flashing light was blinking the speed limit was 40 km/h.   The light was highly visible and the damn blinking light wasn't going on past 5 pm.

16 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Total cash grab. If it's genuinely about safety, why isn't the reduced speed around parks not attached to schools, around day cares, around elementary schools on Ellice and Sargeant. if it's genuinely about safety, the flashing lights, whenever they go on, are way more effective than simply another sign. But it's about money and not about actual safety, as we can all plainly see.

oh man now look what they've done (I have sent a confirmation request to the snopes)

https://www.yourphx.com/entertainment/coca-cola-bringing-back-new-coke-in-honor-of-stranger-things-/2016377635?fbclid=IwAR35td-Lyu6_9sVeZdRfo17c9LxT2Op1V7HYM9tlkXKoSb68N-tWUho3GXo

okay I'm not old enough to remember new coke, but I've got to ask for those that did try it.....how did it taste?

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

oh man now look what they've done (I have sent a confirmation request to the snopes)

https://www.yourphx.com/entertainment/coca-cola-bringing-back-new-coke-in-honor-of-stranger-things-/2016377635?fbclid=IwAR35td-Lyu6_9sVeZdRfo17c9LxT2Op1V7HYM9tlkXKoSb68N-tWUho3GXo

okay I'm not old enough to remember new coke, but I've got to ask for those that did try it.....how did it taste?

Kind of like Coke but not as good. It was a poor replacement and born out of Coke's fear that they were losing to Pepsi. It was an overreaction and terrible disaster for the company, in the short term. Long term, with the reintroduction of original Coke, the brand was stronger than ever. 

1 minute ago, JCon said:

Kind of like Coke but not as good. It was a poor replacement and born out of Coke's fear that they were losing to Pepsi. It was an overreaction and terrible disaster for the company, in the short term. Long term, with the reintroduction of original Coke, the brand was stronger than ever. 

I actually found out that they were planning on destroying the old recipe which kind of ignited the hate

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

More syrupy?