Random News Items

Rich

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

I'm still wondering about Sears location. Whose not in Canada from USA that can afford to expand?

Hobby Lobby comes to mind. The size is right but does KP want an end store to not be open on Sundays?

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I'm still wondering about Sears location. Whose not in Canada from USA that can afford to expand?

Hobby Lobby comes to mind. The size is right but does KP want an end store to not be open on Sundays?

The long shot rumour I heard was movie theatre moving to Sears and the food court would be renovated/extended with more options...

59 minutes ago, Brandon said:

The long shot rumour I heard was movie theatre moving to Sears and the food court would be renovated/extended with more options...

The last rumour I had read (on a facebook group so take it with a huge grain of salt), was that Cineplex wanted a stand alone theatre built behind Canadian Tire.  Whatever the case/location, they desperately need a new theater there.  It's terrible when you compare it to some of the other theaters around the city.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

well either  way no matter what it seems that a new movie theater is coming, which probably means the beginning of the end for the last remaining famous players in winnipeg (even though it's kind of officially called Kildonan Place cinemas now) I saw my first theatrical film there, in fact they still have arcade games in that theater, I wonder where Daytona USA will go when it closes..of course nothing has been announced yet

but then again what can out theater and then-called Silver cities?...except maybe upgraded seats, I mean KP cinemas doesn't have what Silver City or the landmarks have

Edited by iHeart

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/empire-actor-jussie-smollett-turns-himself-into-police-1.5027627

Empire actor Jussie Smollett staged a racist and homophobic attack on himself because he was unhappy about his salary and wanted to promote his career, Chicago's police superintendent said Thursday.

Smollett also sent a racist, homophobic and threatening letter to the Fox studio lot where he works in Chicago before the attack, Supt. Eddie Johnson said.

The actor turned himself in and was arrested early Thursday to face accusations that he filed a false police report when he told authorities he was attacked in Chicago by two men who hurled racist and anti-gay slurs and looped a rope around his neck, police said.

"He took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career," Johnson told reporters at a news conference.

Johnson said Smollett paid the brothers $3,500 US to stage the attack and that the cheque he allegedly gave them was part of the evidence investigators had against him. 

Johnson said they wore gloves during the staged attack and "punched him a little bit." He said scratches and bruising Smollett had on his face were "most likely self-inflicted."

Following three weeks of mounting suspicions, Smollett was charged Wednesday with felony disorder conduct, a charge that — if he were found guilty — could bring up to three years in prison...

Tough times ahead for this putz.

Interesting as they had initially stood behind him.  The details of the evidence laid out yesterday were pretty damning though.  I caught a brief moment of this on CNN last night and the host had a debate between a left-leaning guy and someone who worked for Trump (who traditionally makes little sense).  But not only was he winning the argument, the CNN host was really putting the boots to the lefty as well.  Its a great example of needing to look at your position through a lens of "if this was reversed, how would I feel."

Smollett did a major dis-service to his cause (assuming the evidence against him is solid).

30 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Interesting as they had initially stood behind him.  The details of the evidence laid out yesterday were pretty damning though.  I caught a brief moment of this on CNN last night and the host had a debate between a left-leaning guy and someone who worked for Trump (who traditionally makes little sense).  But not only was he winning the argument, the CNN host was really putting the boots to the lefty as well.  Its a great example of needing to look at your position through a lens of "if this was reversed, how would I feel."

Smollett did a major dis-service to his cause (assuming the evidence against him is solid).

What a bizarre situation, I hope we find out what would motivate someone to do something like this? Unable to separate real life from TV drama perhaps?  

19 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

How absurd.  You go to a shady massage parlour where they hold immigrant women in poor conditions against their will.  Their hygiene described as "minimal".  You're rich!! Just hook up with a high class call girl who works because she wants to (and makes a lot of money).  So ridiculous.  Throw the book at him.