Random News Items

Rich

On 2018-08-17 at 3:43 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Stop playing anthems. Whats the reason? To alert the fans the game is about to start?!

Its only been since 2009 that players were on the field for the anthem.  So this whole this is totally absurd.  If I was the NFL, the way to "fix" it would be to make it a fan thing (you could just stop doing it altogether but try being the guy who suggests that) and have the players enter after it's playing.  

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

to be honest I kind of feel bad for them, because well, losing a sports team wise, we've been there

https://ballparkdigest.com/2018/05/03/this-is-the-final-year-for-wichita-wingnuts-baseball/

And now the rest of the story...

This past spring it was announced that the Wingnuts’ home ballpark would be torn down at the conclusion of the 2018 season and that the city would try to get a replacement via an affiliation to a MLB team for the new stadium.

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

And now the rest of the story...

This past spring it was announced that the Wingnuts’ home ballpark would be torn down at the conclusion of the 2018 season and that the city would try to get a replacement via an affiliation to a MLB team for the new stadium.

yeah but the team's future is still up in the air

hey does anyone know if the current Madden games show the anthems? I have a theory

nevermind, this is what I found from TMZ, what a sore loser (this is why I prefer to use the old educational games from the 90s when I do gaming rather than all this high tech stuff)

3:02 PM PT -- A reporter for the LA Times says a competitor at the tournament tells him the shooter was a gamer there himself, who opened fire after losing. Citing eyewitnesses, the LA Times also says the shooter shot himself dead after his killing spree.

and the jerk has a name 4:32 PM PT -- The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office just said there were 14 total victims and 3 people who were killed, one of them being the suspected shooter ... 24-year-old David Katz of Baltimore, who killed himself. Cops say he used one handgun that they know of. Katz was indeed part of the competition, having gone by usernames like RavensChamp and Bread. Announcers from a previous 'Madden' tournament noted him as elusive -- "a man of business" who "keeps to himself." 

Edited by iHeart
update

9 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Fox should be ashamed of shaming this guy for working an honest job 

funny that this is mentioned, because today I found out that the guy that played Harvey Kinkle in Sabrina the Teenage Witch is now working as a janitor

Edited by iHeart