UFC

Goalie

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Would be a good main card with a great under card. I dont think brock is gonna bring in the sales some do. But if they out of the blue through bisping in to DC to unify 2 division belts then maybe. 

I think Brock is the most marketable thing they have going for them.  Not only in regards to their own fans who hate him but are curious about him but the potential for the fence sitter fans and the wrestling fans who are casual MMA fans.  Although WWE did almost zero promoting.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think Brock is the most marketable thing they have going for them.  Not only in regards to their own fans who hate him but are curious about him but the potential for the fence sitter fans and the wrestling fans who are casual MMA fans.  Although WWE did almost zero promoting.

Brock of old? Maybe. Great for a temp boost, especially with him repping canada. But if GSP comes back hes more marketable. McG is bigger now and will be short of a huge belt run for brock that wont happen. And RR is more marketable if shed get off her sad sack and fight. 

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Brock of old? Maybe. Great for a temp boost, especially with him repping canada. But if GSP comes back hes more marketable. McG is bigger now and will be short of a huge belt run for brock that wont happen. And RR is more marketable if shed get off her sad sack and fight. 

Im more of a wrestling person than an MMA one so Ill defer to your opinion.  UFC definitely thinks Brock's a huge boost though.  Word is Brock is getting a ton of money for ONE fight.  So if he beats Hunt, its not even like UFC gets the residual value of him being back.  Seems like it was done solely to juice the big event.

21 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im more of a wrestling person than an MMA one so Ill defer to your opinion.  UFC definitely thinks Brock's a huge boost though.  Word is Brock is getting a ton of money for ONE fight.  So if he beats Hunt, its not even like UFC gets the residual value of him being back.  Seems like it was done solely to juice the big event.

He has draw based on being a mountain of muscle and still an athletic freak. I bet he is getting paid among the best on the card.

Def done it for the sake of the event. Allegedly they only have fight with him, the wwe doesnt want to lose him for long and hunt doesnt really put him in legit contention. Though crazier match ups happen regularly. Maybe in a year they could be trying to push brock vs reem 2 for the belt. But i doubt it.

5 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Imagine if they hadnt made this deal with Brock.  Where would UFC 200 be right now...

For the regular MMA fans it would make no difference....  for the casual WWE fan they definitely would not have any interest.  

Most mma fans expect Hunt to one punch KO Lesnar in about 2 - 3 minutes. 

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

For the regular MMA fans it would make no difference....  for the casual WWE fan they definitely would not have any interest.  

Most mma fans expect Hunt to one punch KO Lesnar in about 2 - 3 minutes. 

Idk im afraid of full rounds of these two leaning on each other against the fence huffing and puffing while throwing reverse heels into the other guys calfs. I hope im wrong.

Well considering Brock didn't like getting hit by Randy and the other guys he faced....  Hunt definitely has some of the best one punch knock out power...  It's only inevitable that he gets dinged once and then taps out because he hates getting hit.

massive massive up set last night with RDA losing the belt. Feel bad for the guy being like a dumb show before ufc 200. Black beast had a modestly controversial decision win over big soup can roy nelson. And for the first time maybe EVER no Brazilian champions in the ufc! wow

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:36 PM, The Unknown Poster said:

I am a big Brock fan. But I expect hunt to beat him. Credit to Brock for not wanting an easy payday. 

Brock will no doubt be intoxicated by the smell of the hunt. (no pun intended) and bull rush Hunt off the hop. Brock often over rushes his prey and really doesn't accomplish much other than giving his prey opportunity to land a couple hay-makers.

As we all know Brock's kryptonite is his chin. He's extremely weak when a puncher (and Hunt is a puncher) start loading up. Once Brock tastes his own blood and can't recognize the ref - he'll go into the fetal position and stop defending so that the ref will save him a further thrashing and award Mark Hunt the match.

Almost impossible to envision this one going past the middle of the 2nd round

If brock wants to have more in the tank after this the smart fight for him wouldnt be to charge in and try to go straight to the ground.

Brock has great stamina and incredible quickness. Hunt does not. The smartest fight would be to stay just out side of range. Wait for hunt to throw a lunging bomb, change angle and explode in for a counter strike. Then back out. Brock doesnt have the technical skill to throw elaborate combos. So just singles and wait for hunt to slow down. Once he's a beat roughed up and slowed down (maybe as soon as late first) push him against the fence grind on him, then take him down. Does that happen? Idk hes such a huge question mark. Has he been training a bunch since he left with this in mind? Is he here because he wants to be a champion now or step in and win now. Or trying to recapture past glory. Will have to wait and see i guess.

the JJ vs claudia fight was pretty bloody good last night. And great scoring. 

He might not be one and done.  He left the door open to future fights at the press conference on Wednesday when he was asked about it.   He wouldn't go into details but he basically said it would be a question better suited for Vince.

It will probably come down to his performance tonight.  If he wins, I would think the WWE is more likely to let him fight again.  If he gets destroyed, then it's probably a moot point.

throwing out some pics for ufc 200. 

Tate over nunes. UD

lesnar over hunt UD

Cormier over silva sub

edgar over aldo KO

cain over browne split decision. 

pena over cat via ko

gastelum over i miss my steroids hendricks ko

dillashaw over assuncao by split decision

sage northcutt over soupcan via ko. 

joe lauzon over sanchez by sub

mousasi over santos by ud

gomi over miller by split decision. 

On 07/07/2016 at 5:13 PM, Brandon said:

Bigg Jay might know more about actual salaries. 

But guys like GSP would get 10 million for the bigger cards.   I assume Lesnar will get around that same number.  

His base pay is 2.5 million for this fight so 5 million if he wins (assuming he has the standard show/win contract) plus however many millions in unannounced bonuses.  10 million probably isn't far off.

22 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

His base pay is 2.5 million for this fight so 5 million if he wins (assuming he has the standard show/win contract) plus however many millions in unannounced bonuses.  10 million probably isn't far off.

yeah the un announced bonuses are the real pay for successful ufc fighters. 

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Brick wins. Hella boring ppv tho. 

i dont blame people for saying that. Not a lot of thrilling fights. Its nice to have such quality fighters and match ups top to bottom though. Brock crushed in r1/r3. Looked sloppy on his feet though, as allways. and r2 was a joke. Fight of the night might take place in the stands. Like when the event was hosted in wpg. 

3 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Miesha got crushed.  Should have taken the rematch with Holm.

yep bad judgement. now the fw division is all up in the air. But with how hard it was for tate to make weight and the new rules in place after 200 I think they will have to add a division.