UFC

Goalie

2 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Yeah, apparently he also had ties to a terrorist organization...weird. There are some shady characters in the fight game.

Yep, Muslims of America, he turned informant on them which is why he hasn't been deported yet based on his criminal record.  He has another son he doesn't take care of... he bailed on that kid & his mother when he flipped on MOA.

31 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

He's the 6th highest draw all time for the UFC based on total buys and average buys.  Only Conor, GSP, Brock, Ronda and Silva ahead of him.

The two DC fights drew big numbers. Otherwise, his numbers have been  a little underwhelming for somebody who, with one exception, has only been in title fights for the last few years. IMO he needs a big name opponent to draw big numbers.

30 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

The two DC fights drew big numbers. Otherwise, his numbers have been  a little underwhelming for somebody who, with one exception, has only been in title fights for the last few years. IMO he needs a big name opponent to draw big numbers.

Other than Brock, Ronda & Conor, his numbers (320k-850k) compare favorably with the other top guys so he's up there & is still fighting so he has time to match or pass a couple of them. 

GSP seems to have also needed a big opponent to get his numbers which ranged between 400k (Serra 1) & 950k (Diaz).  Silva was similar (300k for Pat Cote or 1.2 million for the Wiedman rematch).

Edited by bigg jay

22 hours ago, bigg jay said:

GSP seems to have also needed a big opponent to get his numbers which ranged between 400k (Serra 1) & 950k (Diaz).  Silva was similar (300k for Pat Cote or 1.2 million for the Wiedman rematch).

Serra fight is kind of cherry picking. That's his only one under 500k, and it was very early in his career. Serra was also thought of as a plug who only got his shot bc he won a reality show against a bunch of other plugs.

At the height of his popularity, GSP was drawing 750k ppv buys fighting guys like Koscheck and Dan Hardy, hardly big name guys. Jones has been at or under 350k buys in three of his last five fights.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol McGregor was exposed (again) tonight...  I never thought of the guy being in the upper echelon like GSP  , Silva ,  Jones..... 

Crazy stuff after the fight...  I don't really blame the Russians beating on the irish guys....  kind of a double standard when McGregor does stupid **** it's just him being himself.... when Khabib does it it's a black spot for the sport.    Kind of reminded me of the Nick Diaz Strikeforce days.  

On 2018-10-07 at 12:17 AM, Brandon said:

Lol McGregor was exposed (again) tonight...  I never thought of the guy being in the upper echelon like GSP  , Silva ,  Jones..... 

Crazy stuff after the fight...  I don't really blame the Russians beating on the irish guys....  kind of a double standard when McGregor does stupid **** it's just him being himself.... when Khabib does it it's a black spot for the sport.    Kind of reminded me of the Nick Diaz Strikeforce days.  

Kinda muddies the waters. Mcg the round prior was doing a lot better, despite his bad cardio. The win doesnt set up khabib as a p4p best / all time great. Ferguson looked very human too. Sets up a big khabib ferguson fight again though. 

Im soo tired of the douchey stuff. Mcg, khabib the jon jones dc crap. Was just left feeling gross by the ufc, again. 

46 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Texas will allow it in a heart beat...  many other fighters have done much worse things and still ended up fighting  (Rampage for example) . 

Conor has done this kind of thing before too (jumped out of the cage to go after Aldo, jumped into the cage at Bellator to go after the ref) and he still gets licensed. 

NSAC will act mad and will come down with some fines and suspensions but that just means more money in their pocket.   In the end, they will gladly sanction the rematch when it comes.

First thing i thought.... It was a work. 

UFC really sucks without some form of controversy.. They know that this type of stuff would get them press so they allowed it to happen. Its a huge work.. The entire UFC is.. Its no coincidence that the ppl with personalities draw. 

This whole thing is straight out of the pro wrestling how to draw handbook

7 hours ago, do or die said:

You would be amazed, how these things manage to work themselves out....in the fight game

There's been much worse stuff happen in boxing than what we saw this weekend. They've always been allowed back.

The only thing that really bothered me was the guy who came in from the crowd and punched McGregor. That could have been so much worse.