UFC

Goalie

37 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Ugh...

Yeah doesnt seem like its a joke... i keep hoping it is. 

I'm told the injury to Tony Ferguson was literally caused by a trip. The freak accident of all freak accidents. He was walking, saw someone he wasn't expecting to see, veered sharply to say hello and tripped.

While appearing on this week's edition of UFC Tonight, Dana White was definitive that Brock Lesnar is returning to the UFC.

"Yeah, Brock Lesnar's coming back," White replied when asked about Lesnar's future. "I don't know when, but yes he is."

Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting also lent credence to White's comments: "According to multiple sources, this isn’t promoter talk from White. UFC is confident Lesnar will be back after his WWE duties are wrapped up on Sunday. A deal is in place. Key now is to finalize it."

If he's going to fight again, Lesnar will still need to resolve the one-year suspension that he received from USADA for drug test failures surrounding UFC 200. That suspension was frozen when he retired from mixed martial arts in February 2017.

The only thing I'd say about this, last time Brock's contract expired (three years ago I believe, same time frame, after WM), Dana was 100% certain Brock was returning and it was leverage for Brock to get a good deal with WWE.  He had scheduled a live interview to announce his return to UFC and ended up announcing his permanent retirement instead and return to WWE.  And of course, he ended up fighting in UFC anyway, while under WWE contract.

So you never know til you know.

Connor McGregor showed up at media day today and threw a chair through the window of a bus carrying Khabib and a few other fighters.  This was supposedly b/c of an altercation between Lobov & Khabib yesterday.  I'm honestly concerned that McGregor is starting to go crazy.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/5/17203162/conor-mcgregor-crew-allegedly-cause-chaotic-scene-after-ufc-223-media-day

2 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

Connor McGregor showed up at media day today and threw a chair through the window of a bus carrying Khabib and a few other fighters.  This was supposedly b/c of an altercation between Lobov & Khabib yesterday.  I'm honestly concerned that McGregor is starting to go crazy.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/4/5/17203162/conor-mcgregor-crew-allegedly-cause-chaotic-scene-after-ufc-223-media-day

he gone.

Dana reported that a warrant has been issued for mcgs arrest. 

I feel like its as much about him being stripped again. Showing up dana is a bad move. Imagine the shift in pro mma if dana and mcg have a permanent falling out and he goes to bellator for serious money. Its about time they seriously stopped all the childish crap that goes on in the lead up to a fight. It was only a mater of time till things really escalated again. 

Video of Conor throwing a dolly at the bus.

Ciesa has multiple cuts and is in doubt for the card on Sat (he's back at the hotel cutting weight so he hopes to still fight).  Artem has been yanked from his fight as he was part if the group with Conor.  What a s##t show.

17 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Video of Conor throwing a dolly at the bus.

Ciesa has multiple cuts and is in doubt for the card on Sat (he's back at the hotel cutting weight so he hopes to still fight).  Artem has been yanked from his fight as he was part if the group with Conor.  What a s##t show.

The ufc sure is taking a beating with this, jon jones and USADA. 

How does a guy have such ants in his pants to fight with out a title defense and whose last fight was a sham boxing match for cash?

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I think it's all a work,   trying to raise buyrates competing against WWE and other entertainment...

I could see it being some thing to get out of his current contract. But to raise ppv sales i really dont think so. all this junk is pushing mma back down and away from casual fans. Mcg doent need any thing to sell a fight other then to participate in a match.  He has a ton of potential huge money fights at his feet, floyd in mma, diaz grudge match, gsp, holloway, aldo 2, khabib all could break the ufc ppv record.  I fully believe if they held a ufc ppv event in a soccer stadium in ireland they could shatter every fight attendance record.  He and they dont need this crap.