2016 Draft Standings

Tanking is too easy... I'm now cheering for Chicago to fall apart.

Dano will be a pretty good player - guy's only 21...  only real problem is his back check - then again, that was Ladd's problem too this year...

Watched the Chicago/Blues game, Ladd is a totally different player out there, super intense.

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Tanking is too easy... I'm now cheering for Chicago to fall apart.

Dano will be a pretty good player - guy's only 21...  only real problem is his back check - then again, that was Ladd's problem too this year...

Watched the Chicago/Blues game, Ladd is a totally different player out there, super intense.

He was just finding his game again, post-injury, when he got dealt. That, and playing on a line with Toews and Hossa, not to mention not having the stress of wearing a letter, will transform a player. Ladd is going to be a HUGE playoff pool pick-up for someone, I promise you...

They made a comment on sportscenter last night after the jets loss, but more pertaining to teams like Edmonton, and previously Pittsburg that were annually finishing last and getting #1.  even tho they invoked the lottery claus, it was suggested a team that gets #1 pick, be eliminated the following year from picking #1 no matter where they finish.  One guy suggested a 4 year disqualification  (but maybe they could still pick as high as 4th) but I think 4 years is a bit much, maybe a year 2 tops.

Anyways, they said it will likely be brought up in talks regarding changes in the offseason,  is there any benefit/disadvantage to this?

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

They made a comment on sportscenter last night after the jets loss, but more pertaining to teams like Edmonton, and previously Pittsburg that were annually finishing last and getting #1.  even tho they invoked the lottery claus, it was suggested a team that gets #1 pick, be eliminated the following year from picking #1 no matter where they finish.  One guy suggested a 4 year disqualification  (but maybe they could still pick as high as 4th) but I think 4 years is a bit much, maybe a year 2 tops.

Anyways, they said it will likely be brought up in talks regarding changes in the offseason,  is there any benefit/disadvantage to this?

I think if a team wants to tank let em. It's the fans who will punish them. I've never thought of EDM tanking. Buffalo last two years - yes. TO this year - yes.

I dunno if they said tanking in their spiel, but more the reality of teams that are constantly finishing last, or now thanks to the lottery, just getting 1st over all.  kind of like,  you got your 1st, now step aside and the lottery is then between the next 3 worst teams, but that team still picks 4th,  which is still usually a pretty quality pick

The sad part is that I don't think most of these teams set out to tank....

Sure, Toronto is in full rebuild...  but Edmonton, Jets, Calgary, Buffalo... none of these teams have sold off assets just for the chance to select Matthews...  they just weren't as good as they hoped.

Nothing's perfect can you imagine if say Pittsburgh just misses the playoffs and then wins the right to pick Matthews?  Could happen...

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

The sad part is that I don't think most of these teams set out to tank....

Sure, Toronto is in full rebuild...  but Edmonton, Jets, Calgary, Buffalo... none of these teams have sold off assets just for the chance to select Matthews...  they just weren't as good as they hoped.

Nothing's perfect can you imagine if say Pittsburgh just misses the playoffs and then wins the right to pick Matthews?  Could happen...

I thought only bottom 3 teams had chance at Matthews?