2016 Draft Standings

Hasn't Chychryn already had injury issues?   Sounds like Juolevi is surging in the rankings, sounds more like a D the Jets would pick

Still think they go with Tkachuk if they pick out of the top three.  Think Keller will drop because of his size...

Tkachuk, Juolevi with Bellows and McLeod as wild cards

An idea of where players on the Jets were drafted...

round-overall-year...

* = drafted by Jets...

Bolded = drafted by Atlanta

Wheeler 1-5-04 (Ladd was taken by the Canes immediately before Wheeler)

Stafford 1-13-04

Little 1-12-06

*Schief  1-7-11

*Ehlers 1-9-14

Perreault 6-177-06

Burmi 1-8-2010

Thorburn 2-50-01

*Copp 4-104-13

Dano 1-27-13

Armia 1-16-11

*Lowry 3-67-11

Peluso 6-160-07

Buff 8-245-03 (five after Enstrom)

Enstrom 8-239-03 oops

Stuart 1-21-03

*Trouba 1-9-12

Myers 1-12-08

Chiarot 4-120-09

Postma 7-205-07

Pavs 2-41-05

Hutch 3-77-08

Eleven (half) were 1st rounders.

Edited by Ducky

A name to keep an eye on. Outside of Matthews he is probably the only other eventual number 1 center in the draft and is rising quickly. Some think he's passed Puljujarvi due to the fact that Puljujarvi is a winger. Pierre Luc Dubois. 

Don't be surprised if he is who the Jets take. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

A name to keep an eye on. Outside of Matthews he is probably the only other eventual number 1 center in the draft and is rising quickly. Some think he's passed Puljujarvi due to the fact that Puljujarvi is a winger. Pierre Luc Dubois

...born in 1998. Good lord, how am I so old...

Nice, big kid though. 6'3" 200 lbs at 17?!

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

A name to keep an eye on. Outside of Matthews he is probably the only other eventual number 1 center in the draft and is rising quickly. Some think he's passed Puljujarvi due to the fact that Puljujarvi is a winger. Pierre Luc Dubois. 

Lucky bastid! He turns 18 the day of the draft.

I'll rank the guys in order as of now...

1. Matthews - franchise Center 

2. Patrick Laine - goal scoring power forward 

3. Pierre Luc Dubois - has number 1 center potential 

4. Jesse Pool party Puljujarvi - Compared to Blake Wheeler by some 

5. Jacob Chychrun - potential number 1 LHD 

6. Alex Nylander - skilled winger. Closer to nik ehlers skill 

7. Mathew Tkachuk - lw with some grit. Plays hard but.... almost redundant to the Jets. Aka have no need for him 

8. Michael Sergachev - potential to be a very good LHD 

9. Olli Juolevi - again big time potential but seems to lack something. Think he's more like Josh Morrissey. By that I mean... he's gonna need some time 

10. Clayton Keller - 5 foot 10 center who is putting up Damn good numbers with the USNTDP. Crazy hockey iq and very high end skill. Could be the steal of the draft 

I'd expect a d man with Chicago pick if we don't draft outside the top 3. I could also see it being traded. Kale Clague not sure if that's how you spell it.. Brandon wheat Kings d man could be available with Chicago pick. 

It's actually pretty amazing how many d men who are taken in later rounds turn out better than those taken earlier. Buff and Shea Weber are 2 examples of many. 

Edited by Goalie

I think Sergachev is the guy I'd be looking at. Very similar to Ivan Provorov from last year's draft. 1 thing I don't like about CHYCHRUN is ppl compare him to bogo and considering where bogo was drafted.... he's almost at bust territory.

Keller is very interesting. Putting up similar numbers as Matthews did when he was the same age. Yup Keller younger than Matthews.

He's a jets type of player for sure. 

Edited by Goalie

Chychrun is taking on  a bigger D role this year and is still producing offense. He is an LHD and that plays in his favor; however, if, after watching Morrissey this spring, Chevy thinks he is ready to step into a full time role next fall, he might not feel the need for an LHD as much. If Morrissey and Chychrun are both playing for the Jets by the 2017-2018 season, this would look really nice...

Enstrom Buff

Chychrun Hamonic

Trouba Morrissey

On 3/4/2016 at 11:33 PM, Goalie said:

I'd expect a d man with Chicago pick if we don't draft outside the top 3. I could also see it being traded. Kale Clague not sure if that's how you spell it.. Brandon wheat Kings d man could be available with Chicago pick. 

It's actually pretty amazing how many d men who are taken in later rounds turn out better than those taken earlier. Buff and Shea Weber are 2 examples of many. 

If we're going D with the Chicago pick I'd much rather look at Libor Hajek from the Saskatoon Blades than Clague (I say this despite being a huge Wheaties homer).  Hajek is bigger, more physical and has more points despite playing on a bad Blades team.  Side note, Chevy was at the Wheaties/Blades game this past Wednesday checking things out.  Wasn't saying why exactly he was there but probably checking out Hajek, Clague and possibly Kaspick and others for later rounds.  Maybe even a couple of the 20 year old free agents like Erkamps or Gay.  One guy was saying Chevy was checking out Patrick but he's not draft eligible until 2017.  Maybe Chevy wants to keep on tanking into next year? :D

Local boy Nolan Patrick would be nice. Clague is just a guy I think could still be there with the Chicago pick. Not sure Hajek will be. Maybe both will be tho and we take em both. One with Chicago pick. One with early 2nd Rd pick. 

Edited by Goalie

Will be some nice talent left... impossible to predict late 1st/2nd round picks this early.

Last year, Harkins, Roy, Bittner, Sprong and Konecny dropped like crazy...  plus Chevy always goes off the board, Roslovic was rated around 40th pick

I still would package Enstrom with our late round first for Hamonic though...   Enstrom would do really well in the east

30 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Local boy Nolan Patrick would be nice. Clague is just a guy I think could still be there with the Chicago pick. Not sure Hajek will be. Maybe both will be tho and we take em both. One with Chicago pick. One with early 2nd Rd pick. 

Would be nice to get Patrick next year, just don't think we could take another year of being at the league bottom lol. If we could get both Hajek and Clague (assuming we were going for D in both the late 1st and 2nd round) I would be ok with that.  I'm just not sold on Clague yet.  He has some skill but I think his hockey sense is still developing.  He also needs to get stronger, much stronger.  Next season will be huge for him as he will be the main guy on the Wheaties blueline with Provorov moving on to Philly and Erkamps graduating the WHL.  If we got a Dman with the Chicago pick and wanted a forward in the 2nd round, Dube out of Kelowna would be a good pick.  But who knows who will be available when we pick.  By all rights (and most pundits) Connor shouldn't have be available for us at the last draft.  Lucky us.