2016 Draft Standings

Jets can't finish last, they don't suck as much as Toronto or Edmonton.

Top 3 picks are determined by a draft lottery anyway so this thread is somewhat pointless.

Doesn't matter who finishes 30th 29th or 28th. The lottery will determine who picks 1st 2nd and 3rd. 

Edited by Goalie

I just read the rules for 2016 and the worst placed team can only fall as far as 4th, so if it's Toronto, they will end up with at minimum of the 4th overall pick, which would still make me laugh.  So if the Jets pick 4th you can bet Matthews will be gone, and Laine as well, so do we go for Tkachuk?  And not just for sentimental reasons?

Tkachuk?  Not needed. If we aren't picking top 3 we are going LHD for sure. Chychrun Sergachev Bean. Juolevi. No way we take Tkachuk.

Imo Matthews or the Finns if it's top 3. If not. It's a LHD for sure. 

I like Chychrun for the record. I think if anyone but edmonton gets him he's good. If not. He busts. 

Crouse is 6 foot 4 215 lbs playing against boys and has 16 goals. He's Adam Lowry pretty much. 

If I was the gm.... 1. I wouldn't really care what fans thought about who I draft and 2. Certainly wouldn't be posting my thoughts online.  

Edited by Goalie

I was just watching TSN Trade preview and Kris Russell is listed as available from the Flames.  Could the Jets be after him?  I know he shoots left, if that matters at all.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8471729

If the Jets got this guy, could that fill this supposed LHD hole and therefore mean they could go after Tkachuk?  I would hope so.  I'd love to see a line with Lowry, Lemieux and Tkachuk. 

No. Jets won't have interest in Russell. He's basically mark Stuart.

Plus he's a ufa to be so if they wanted him... sign him as a free agent 

Tkachuk is being over rated I think. 

If Matthews and the Finns are not there when the jets pick and they want BPA and not LHD then Nylander or even dubois are your guys. Keller is also coming on strong. I'm not convinced Tkachuk is the BPA after the top 3. His numbers playing in the ohl aren't really that great. Benefited from playing with Matthews last year with the USNTDP.

3 hours ago, Atomic said:

Doubt we're going to see a defenceman jump into the lineup right away.  We may have a need for LHD right now but in a year or two maybe not.  Can't draft based on what we need right now, just take the best player.

You mean like Deadmonton?

Chychrun would start on the Jets for the start of the 2017-2018 season at the latest....some analysts are saying he is NHL ready right now. No way should we take any other player than Chychrun if we are drafting lower than 3rd (unless something unforeseen happens).

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

No. Jets won't have interest in Russell. He's basically mark Stuart.

Plus he's a ufa to be so if they wanted him... sign him as a free agent 

Tkachuk is being over rated I think. 

If Matthews and the Finns are not there when the jets pick and they want BPA and not LHD then Nylander or even dubois are your guys. Keller is also coming on strong. I'm not convinced Tkachuk is the BPA after the top 3. His numbers playing in the ohl aren't really that great. Benefited from playing with Matthews last year with the USNTDP.

its comments like this that make me scratch my head regarding the ability of some here to rate prospects.  I just checked and Tkachuk has 93 points in 48 games this year and is a plus 36.  He had five points in the game he played today against the Ottawa 67's.  What more do you want? 

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/roster/show/id/28154t???

1 hour ago, Ducky said:

You mean like Deadmonton?

Chychrun would start on the Jets for the start of the 2017-2018 season at the latest....some analysts are saying he is NHL ready right now. No way should we take any other player than Chychrun if we are drafting lower than 3rd (unless something unforeseen happens).

Chychrun does look like a good one.  Can't see how we lose if we draft either.   If this LHD is the biggest need (not sure that it is) then yes, grab Chychrun.  If Edmonton grabs him, go for Tkachuk.