The Jets' Coaches

Ducky

Maurice, Huddy, Vincent and Flaherty.

I am fairly ignorant to how an NHL coaching staff works and divides the workload. Also, does anyone know what these guys make?

Does Maurice run 100% of the bench? Does Huddy run the PK and Vincent the PP?

Also McCambridge on the farm and Morrison and St. Croix. They also have a video coach as well named Craig. Same info? Anyone?

Do the Jets have a video coach?

Thanks in advance.

Maurice. He's the coach.  It's his system. Assistants have a say in somethings. 

Let's just use Flaherty as an example. He would probably tell Maurice who he thinks should play goal thus particular game. Maurice could take that advice or not. 

The pp tho.  I think part of it is we lack that elite high end talent. 

Dallas has Benn and Seguin. 

Wash has Ovi. 

We don't have players of that nature. Our guys like to pass it around all day and never shoot. Thats on the players 

Edited by Goalie

9 hours ago, Goalie said:

Maurice. He's the coach.  It's his system. Assistants have a say in somethings. 

Let's just use Flaherty as an example. He would probably tell Maurice who he thinks should play goal thus particular game. Maurice could take that advice or not. 

The pp tho.  I think part of it is we lack that elite high end talent. 

Dallas has Benn and Seguin. 

Wash has Ovi. 

We don't have players of that nature. Our guys like to pass it around all day and never shoot. Thats on the players 

I could be wrong but he doesnt tell Maurice who to play. Thats not his job. He will inform Maurice if a guys banged up or hurting but thats it.

His job is to coach them. Help them with their weaknesses n such. Helps them with position play.

34 minutes ago, New_Earth_Mud said:

Vincent designs the PK and PP systems.

Maurice designs the over all style and system of the team.

Wiecek reported just last week that Vincent & Huddy used to be in charge of PP&PK respectively, but now, as far as he can tell it's all on Maurice.

Personally, I take that to mean; after years of subpar special teams we now recognize it all falls on the head coach.

Biggest area of improvement needed for next season.  If we get even average PP & PK, and Helle plays like he did this year....playoffs? Playoffs.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Wiecek reported just last week that Vincent & Huddy used to be in charge of PP&PK respectively, but now, as far as he can tell it's all on Maurice.

Personally, I take that to mean; after years of subpar special teams we now recognize it all falls on the head coach.

Biggest area of improvement needed for next season.  If we get even average PP & PK, and Helle plays like he did this year....playoffs? Playoffs.

Throw in some discipline and no lazy stick infractions.

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

Could be but i would highly doubt it. Maurice could add in some things id guess.

Your PK sets up different depending on your goalie also.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Throw in some discipline and no lazy stick infractions.

No doubt about that... has to get better, just has to.

1 hour ago, New_Earth_Mud said:

Could be but i would highly doubt it. Maurice could add in some things id guess.

Your PK sets up different depending on your goalie also.

That I've never heard before. Not doubting you...just interesting.

I doubt your PK is set up differently depending on who your goalie is. So, what you are saying is if Hutch is playing, they play the PK differently? If PAV is playing they play it differently? Nope, sorry. It's the same PK, same system. I mean, just watch the games and you will see they play the PK the same way regardless of who is in net. 

The only difference the goalie makes on the PK is he either makes the save or he doesn't. 

Edited by Goalie

20 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

No doubt about that... has to get better, just has to.

That I've never heard before. Not doubting you...just interesting.

It kinda works like this.....  A guy like Pav is known to give up big rebounds and hes not a big talker on the ice. Big rebounds you play a tighter box, you may also put players on that are better at moving bodys. So your putting out your biger players or putting them in different spots. Also Pav does not talk alot so hes not really directing his players or traffic as much as a guy like Hutch or Helle. They like to talk and direct traffic. It also depends on how good your goalie is with the puck. If he can control the puck and make passes then the players know when he has it they all can go.

Edited by New_Earth_Mud

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I doubt your PK is set up differently depending on who your goalie is. So, what you are saying is if Hutch is playing, they play the PK differently? If PAV is playing they play it differently? Nope, sorry. It's the same PK, same system. I mean, just watch the games and you will see they play the PK the same way regardless of who is in net. 

The only difference the goalie makes on the PK is he either makes the save or he doesn't. 

Yes thats what im saying. It also depends on the team your playing. Not all teams set up their PP the same so you adjust.

I always thought Vincent was the PP guy and Huddy took care of the PK and D men. Like I said, I am pretty ignorant to the way a club uses its coaches and the inner-workings of a club beyond what I have read and not many people talk about that unless they are retired.

Maurice said that when they call someone up, he says what kind of guy he needs (griity or scorer or whatever) and someone else that knows the Moose better, makes the decision.

The interaction between Maurice and his assistants and Maurice and Chevy and Chevy and Chipman intrigue me.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't need to listen to any interviews to know that since Vincent has been here... this goes back to year 1 of their return... the pp has been awful. Listen to some softball fluff interview? Why. The evidence has been 5 6 years of garbage