Jets Prospects

Ducky

16 minutes ago, Goalie said:

ESW 

Connor Matthews Nor sure yet but probably not little 

Connor is coming for sure. The jumbotron video this afternoon at the jets game basically confirms it 

How's this 

ESW 

Connor Little Laine 

Perreault Lowry Armia 

Lemieux Copp Dano 

If we get Laine (I'd rank him 3rd and Puljujarvi 2nd), I agree with those players, maybe not the same lines but the same players. I like that Stafford is not there.

It's nice to see some young players finally coming in and doing well....Scheif (drafted 5 years ago) only made the team 3 seasons ago so for 4 years of draft and develop, that isn't bad. When I look at some of the young players we have coming up and where we might pick this upcoming draft, I can't help but wonder how good this team will become.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

2018 3rd. Rather hope for Blackhawks to lose in first round and get a higher first this year 

Exactly, could care less about a 3rd round pick an early exit from the playoffs would be the for the Jets, plus the Hawks aren't exactly tearing it up at the moment.

You know as far as drafting the number one overall, having Kyle Conner on a line with Matthew Tkachuk wouldn't be anything to sneeze at either. Whichever position we draft in I think the Jets will be getting very good in the next few seasons ...

Edited by IC Khari

Tkachuk is over-rated.  Because he plays with good players.  Apparently Motte and Compher are total broken down bums that Connor has to carry on his shoulders while skating through entire teams and potting goals single-handedly.  I was wondering why all of his goals are unassisted.

EDIT - I see that Motte is a pick of the Blackhawks - should have tacked him on with Dano instead of taking that 2018 pick.  Connor and Motte together again!

Edited by kelownabomberfan

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Tkachuk is over-rated.  Because he plays with good players.  Apparently Motte and Compher are total broken down bums that Connor has to carry on his shoulders while skating through entire teams and potting goals single-handedly.  I was wondering why all of his goals are unassisted.

EDIT - I see that Motte is a pick of the Blackhawks - should have tacked him on with Dano instead of taking that 2018 pick.  Connor and Motte together again!

Let's not forget that Compher and Motte are both 21 and playing their 3rd year for Michigan. Connor is 19 and in his first year while setting records.

Nobody said Tkachuk is no good.......most have him rated 5th or so.....

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

Let's not forget that Compher and Motte are both 21 and playing their 3rd year for Michigan. Connor is 19 and in his first year while setting records.

Nobody said Tkachuk is no good.......most have him rated 5th or so.....

I've seen at least one poster say that Tkachuk is no good and that he is over-rated.  Several times.  Anyway, I do get that we have more pressing issues elsewhere.  My desire to see Tkachuk drafted isn't just about him being a great player (and he is) it's about having another Tkachuk playing for us.  Nostalgia.

You can still be a good player and be over-rated.

Lemieux was just on H and L.

Speaks about being excited for his young friends being called up to play on the Jets....how excited he is to be going into the playoffs and that he and some other vets got a 3 game break and had a time to rest and re-load. They are meeting Kitchener in the playoffs.

He speaks about learning to play the pro game and play with an edge but keep the penalty minutes down. Being a leader on the team and being disciplined. He has worked on his defensive game. Moved from standing in front of the goalie on the PP to the half wall and moving the puck  more on the PP. He suggests that his agent, his dad and he asked for the trade to work on other parts of his game. He also speaks about making sure his hits aren't to the head area and they are good hits.

I think he stands a good chance to make the team next year, especially since we have been getting smaller since the Kane trade.

Winner moves on. Loser gets an ELC with the Jets probably.

As for Tkachuk nobody said he wasn't good. All I've really said about him is there are better players in the draft. Ones that fit the Jets needs more. Jets picking top 4? Tkachuk? Not a chance. Top 8? They might just take him. 

Jets draft BPA it seems... Matthews Laine Puljujarvi Dubois are better. Chychrun Sergachev Juolevi fit our needs.  Tkachuk? Not so much but if he's there and he's the BPA they probably will take him. Tkachuk goes top 8 for sure. Just unlikely he goes top 5. 

Size isn't an issue anymore in the nhl... they are moving towards a quicker paced skill game instead of crashing and banging all night long.

Soon. Guys like thorburn Peluso Stuart... they will be extinct cuz they just won't have the speed or skill to keep up. 

Edited by Goalie

39 minutes ago, Goalie said:

UND 5 Michigan 2. Connor gets an Assist to end up 36 35 71. 

Should be signed this week 

Bob McKenzie: If Connor signs now with WPG and plays one game this season, he burns first year of entry level contract.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

In the event that an 18 year old or 19 year old Player signs an SPC with a

Club but does not play at least ten (10) NHL Games in the first season

under that SPC, the term of his SPC and his number of years in the Entry

Level System shall be extended for a period of one (1) year, except that

this automatic extension will not apply to a Player who is 19 according to

Section 9.2 by virtue of turning 20 between September 16 and December

31 in the year in which he first signs an SPC. Unless a Player and Club

expressly agree to the contrary, in the event a Player's SPC is extended an

additional year in accordance with this subsection, all terms of the SPC,

with the exception of Signing Bonuses, but including Paragraph 1 Salary,

games played bonuses and Exhibit 5 bonuses, shall be extended; provided,

however, that the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary shall be extended in all

circumstances.

Age of Players.

As used in this Article, "age," including "First SPC Signing Age," means

a Player's age on September 15 of the calendar year in which he signs an SPC, regardless of his

actual age on the date he signs such SPC.

Edited by Ducky