Jets Prospects

Ducky

I haven't heard that about Wheeler before (i.e. character issues).  Is that based on him not signing with his draft team, an extrapolation of "ruffled feathers" or some specific off-ice or dressing room issues from back then?  I know he was an off-the-board pick when the Gretzky-led Coyotes drafted him right out of high school.   I also think it is pretty well known that he is an intense guy, so I could see how that might rub some people the wrong way.  

On 2020-02-22 at 5:04 PM, Tony Fresco said:

I haven't heard that about Wheeler before (i.e. character issues).  Is that based on him not signing with his draft team, an extrapolation of "ruffled feathers" or some specific off-ice or dressing room issues from back then?  I know he was an off-the-board pick when the Gretzky-led Coyotes drafted him right out of high school.   I also think it is pretty well known that he is an intense guy, so I could see how that might rub some people the wrong way.  

Keep in mind we are going back almost 15 16 years here. He had major attitude issues.