Jets Prospects

Ducky

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

What I mean is no team is trading for him without being allowed to talk contract first.  If it gets to the deadline he could be a deadline UFA but his value is lower and the Jets end up trading away a top player when they're competing for the playoffs themselves.  Or lose him for nothing.  They have to make a decision this summer.  

And its already close enough to UFA status that Trouba will have leverage.  A team will want to know they can sign him which means he can dictate where he goes.

I agree, just like Stone to VGK. An extension will be agreed to before the trade happens. Perhaps, it's the Jets signing the deal, then trading, so that Trouba gets his eight years, with the trade in place. 

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

With a lot of MBB replacing half the D it seems we know where our current problem lies :D

I would like to keep Trouba at a fair price. I'm not sure Trouba wants to be here or that his fair price is the same as mine. He and Josh could be a top-pair for a while. 

49 minutes ago, JCon said:

I would like to keep Trouba at a fair price. I'm not sure Trouba wants to be here or that his fair price is the same as mine. He and Josh could be a top-pair for a while. 

7 million x 6. I do it. If he wants more... I move him. He's a good Defensive D man but hes awful on the PP and lacks the IQ a guy like 44 has. 7 is good. 8? Nope. 

On 2019-04-20 at 12:50 AM, Floyd said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Trouba traded at the draft...  Niku will take over and Myers will probably re-sign for lower $$

Unless you're Stamkos its my thinking that if you're UFA the team don't want you.

So adios Myers and Chiarot.

Argument might be made well they should have traded Myers at the deadline but I think because of injuries they chose not to.

Tucker Poolman if healthy is NHL ready. Niku will start. 

If im the Jets.. Since my D zone play was awful... Buff and Josh are the only guys i keep. I move Trouba.. I dont sign Chiarot because hes not good enough.. I let Morrow go.. I move on from Myers.  I prob sign Beaulieu but not at what hes currently making. 

Samberg isnt nhl ready.. In another year he probably is but hes not a Makar or Heiskanen or guys like that who would just jump to the NHL right away. 

Trouba gets u a D in return id think... Maybe u move a guy like Little and or Perreault.. Id also buy out Kulikov. 

Edited by Goalie

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Tucker Poolman if healthy is NHL ready. Niku will start. 

If im the Jets.. Since my D zone play was awful... Buff and Josh are the only guys i keep. I move Trouba.. I dont sign Chiarot because hes not good enough.. I let Morrow go.. I move on from Myers.  I prob sign Beaulieu but not at what hes currently making. 

Samberg isnt nhl ready.. In another year he probably is but hes not a Makar or Heiskanen or guys like that who would just jump to the NHL right away. 

Trouba gets u a D in return id think... Maybe u move a guy like Little and or Perreault.. Id also buy out Kulikov. 

I think I’d keep Chairot. And I’d consider keeping Myers at the right price.  As much I liked the move to bring on Kuli, I agree. Trade or buy out. 

8 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Hmm think he’s going ufa...

I don't know about that. That's still two years away. I don't think he would start with the Jets next year, anyhow. He's probably deciding between Moose and UMD.