Jets Prospects

Ducky

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

He did.  He also pushed back on people that were upset, saying he felt it was best for his game to skip the tournament.  He said he has one year to play in Finland and wants to focus on his pro game.  

Good to know.  If his motivation is to work on his pro game, he probably should have stayed here on the smaller ice...  But he seems to have a plan in place; hopefully it's the right one.

Pekka Jalonen @PekkaJalonen

#NHLJets prospect Kristian Vesalainen spoke about his decision not to go to #WorldJuniors in Vancouver: "I just came to Finland and I wanted to play the rest of the season with one team. It was a hard but right decision."

11:23 AM - 20 Dec 2018

"I have traveled enough with all that jet lag. Going to Vancouver, then back to Finland, then to China, back to Finland... that would've been crazy and too much."

Pekka Jalonen @PekkaJalonen 2h2 hours ago

"I was thinking about this decision already when I came here. I spent a lot of time thinking about what to do. Now I'm happy with my decision. Sometimes you have to be a little bit selfish. I wish team Finland and the guys best of luck, I hope they'll come home with a medal."

2 hours ago, BomberBall said:

Pekka Jalonen @PekkaJalonen

#NHLJets prospect Kristian Vesalainen spoke about his decision not to go to #WorldJuniors in Vancouver: "I just came to Finland and I wanted to play the rest of the season with one team. It was a hard but right decision."

11:23 AM - 20 Dec 2018

"I have traveled enough with all that jet lag. Going to Vancouver, then back to Finland, then to China, back to Finland... that would've been crazy and too much."

Pekka Jalonen @PekkaJalonen 2h2 hours ago

"I was thinking about this decision already when I came here. I spent a lot of time thinking about what to do. Now I'm happy with my decision. Sometimes you have to be a little bit selfish. I wish team Finland and the guys best of luck, I hope they'll come home with a medal."

Looking for something positive in this.

Not finding any.

• 2 months later...
On 2019-03-12 at 9:30 PM, Brandon said:

Based on how the guys on the radio were talking this week... it seems like Comrie might be traded for picks at the draft and that they'll be moving forward with Berdin being the prospect goalie....

Depends if they sign Broissoit. Likely will. So makes sense to move Comrie. Hes having a great year too. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JCon said:

No way they start Samberg in the bigs. He's headed to the Moose for seasoning. He needs to learn how to play at the professional level. 

It will be good to have a few prospects on the Moose d-line.   Stanley apparently has improved steadily this season with them.

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I suspect we will go to arb and trade him at the deadline. Unless NJD want a pretty good D man.

I don't think they'll get that far. I bet, if he's not going to sign, the Jets swing a deal by the time FA starts. That way, they have the plan in place for the year. The Jets will still be contenders next year, even if they bow out early this year. 

NJD or NYR. I'll take either!!!

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If they go to Arb again, I believe its a one year deal and Trouba becomes a UFA.  So thats a bad deal for the Jets.  It would tell the other teams that he's a problem and lower the return.  I think they know right now what the plan is...sign or trade.

Yes, it's a one-year deal. I think most outsiders would see Trouba trying to become a UFA, rather than being a problem. Hence, his peak value is this spring, after the parade, but before they're forced to go to arbitration. I could see a sign and trade. 

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Yes, it's a one-year deal. I think most outsiders would see Trouba trying to become a UFA, rather than being a problem. Hence, his peak value is this spring, after the parade, but before they're forced to go to arbitration. I could see a sign and trade. 

What I mean is no team is trading for him without being allowed to talk contract first.  If it gets to the deadline he could be a deadline UFA but his value is lower and the Jets end up trading away a top player when they're competing for the playoffs themselves.  Or lose him for nothing.  They have to make a decision this summer.  

And its already close enough to UFA status that Trouba will have leverage.  A team will want to know they can sign him which means he can dictate where he goes.