Jets Prospects

Ducky

• 5 weeks later...

Stolen from Reddit/hockey

I just watched Steve Dangle's recent video about the Leaf's prospect pyramid, and with prospect season and camp going full steam right now, I thought it'd be interesting to see how people would list their prospect pool according to Dangle's tier explanation:

Tier 1: Elite prospects who are NHL-ready right out of the draft (Eichel, Matthews, Ekblad)

Tier 2: Top-end prospects that have elite upside, but may or may not be NHL-ready yet and have a few question marks

Tier 3: Very good prospects that have top-6 or top-4 upside, but lack elite talent

Tier 4: Good prospects that can become impact NHL players in a middle-6 or middle pairing role in the NHL

Tier 5: Prospects who have NHL upside, but are unlikely to be anything more than a bottom-6 forward, 3rd pairing defenseman or a back-up goaltender

Tier 6: Everyone else

My take on the Jets...  what do y'all think? 

T1: None.
T2: Kyle Connor, Jack Roslovic, Eric Comrie
T3: Tucker Poolman, Kristian Vesalainen
T4: Brendan Lemieux, Logan Stanley
T5: Sami Niku, Nelson Nogier, Michael Spacek, Jansen Harkins, Jamie Phillips, Chase De Leo, Jan Kostalek, Luke Green, Erik Foley
T6: Mason Appleton, Pavel Kraskovsky, Jack Glover, Dylan Samberg, Mikhail Berdin

44 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

T5: Sami Niku, Nelson Nogier, Michael Spacek, Jansen Harkins, Jamie Phillips, Chase De Leo, Jan Kostalek, Luke Green, Erik Foley
T6: Mason Appleton, Pavel Kraskovsky, Jack Glover, Dylan Samberg, Mikhail Berdin

With Mason here i just cant see Comrie beating out Helle anytime soon.

Tucker likely AHL bound. Vesa like Stanley at least 1 maybe 2 years from even AHL work.

Make or break for Lemieux this year?

Nogier was good while he was here but so was everyone else down the stretch, Is he #7 Dman?

Maurice said Lemieux is "knocking on the door" but there are more guys in that position than years past.  So increased competition.  Hendricks being here pretty much closes off one spot on the 4th line too.  BL will be Moose.  But he has a shot.  Apparently, he bulked up last year and didnt like it and has trained leaner this year.  Thats the same thing that happened with Morrissey.

Niku definitely ahead of Stanley.  Stanley is going to be sent back to junior for sure.  Niku will be a top defender with the Moose and he or Tucker are the first call ups I'd suspect.

Vesalainen would be Moose bound...when, next season probably?  Maybe Jets.  But that would be his first opportunity to even try.  he's been playing with men so he might come in able to handle the big game.  Who knows.  Wont need to rush him.

Cant remember where I saw it but apparently Laine and/or Ehlers has added some bulk too (I cant remember which one or if it was both)

Edited by The Unknown Poster

2 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

T1 agreed

T2 Add Vesalainen 

T3 Delete Ves. Add Samberg Niku and Harkins 

Id put Stanley in Tier 5 easily. 

Samberg and Niku are both LHD and both way better by lots 

On 1290 they had Pascal Vincent talking about some of the prospects.   He spoke of Logan Stanley and made it very clear that they will be grooming him over the next several years before bringing him to the big leagues.   He said Stanley will absolutely be an NHL player once he grows into his body and matures for a few years.     Based off the coach who knows way more then any of us he would minimum be Tier 3.    He's still very young. 

Comrie will be our starter in 3 years most likely.   Way more upside then Hellebucyk. 

16 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think he's somewhere between your perspective and Brandon's.  But you could provide your opinion without the mocking.    LOL

The other 2 are noticeably better. Stanley lacks hockey IQ... Thats his biggest problem. Niku and Samberg have it.. Thats not something you just learn... I dunno if Stanley gonna make it to the NHL.. If he does it will be as 3rd pair but who of morrissey niku samberg even kulikov is he gonna beat out? 

Our LHD depth isnt as awful as its made out to be now. 

Stanley is years away... Niku could get games this year if injuries... Stanley is years away.... I like Stanley but hes not on the same level as niku or samberg or nogier or poolman or really... A bunch of guys. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

The other 2 are noticeably better. Stanley lacks hockey IQ... Thats his biggest problem. Niku and Samberg have it.. Thats not something you just learn... I dunno if Stanley gonna make it to the NHL.. If he does it will be as 3rd pair but who of morrissey niku samberg even kulikov is he gonna beat out? 

Our LHD depth isnt as awful as its made out to be now. 

Stanley is years away... Niku could get games this year if injuries... Stanley is years away.... I like Stanley but hes not on the same level as niku or samberg or nogier or poolman or really... A bunch of guys. 

Tucker Poolman is 24....  Stanley is 19.....     if Poolman was so good then how come he hasn't logged 5 years in the NHL by now?     

Are you really that out of touch with hockey? 

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Tucker Poolman is 24....  Stanley is 19.....     if Poolman was so good then how come he hasn't logged 5 years in the NHL by now?     

Thats a good point and its fair.  These are D men.  Let's see where Stanley is at 24.  He definitely has a lot of maturing to do as a player.  But they didnt pick him to not work out.  They expect him to be a top six NHL d man. 

50 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Stanley will never be as good as Poolman is. EVER. Get back to me in 5 years. Like i said tho... Of morrissey samberg niku kulikov who is stanley gonna beat out. 

Poolman is irrelevant.. Hes a RHD. A RHD who will probably play for the JETS this season. A 5th rd pick vs a guy taken 18th overall. 

Stanley just lacks the skill... Its just a fact .. Dont care how old he is... He was a huge reach at 18. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Stanley will never be as good as Poolman is. EVER. Get back to me in 5 years. Like i said tho... Of morrissey samberg niku kulikov who is stanley gonna beat out. 

Poolman is irrelevant.. Hes a RHD. A RHD who will probably play for the JETS this season. A 5th rd pick vs a guy taken 18th overall. 

Stanley just lacks the skill... Its just a fact .. Dont care how old he is... He was a huge reach at 18. 

He was picked right in the area that he was forecast to be picked.  Not a reach at all.

Lets play the logan stanley challenge...

Find someone not in the jets organization who doesnt think he sucks. He was a huge reach... Whatever tho.. They cant hit on everyone but with Stanley... Lowered expectations are definitely required. 

Edited by Goalie

49 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

Pretty bold statement for the development of a 19 year old kid.  can't be bothered to take a wait and see approach? 

Id love for him to prove me wrong. There are just tons and tons of red flags. Dont get me wrong.. Im pulling for him. I just dont think he has the skill to make it full time.