Jets Prospects

Ducky

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

You under estimate some of these guys talent level. 

We will see what happens but Lemieux could very easily be a Jet next season. 

You're probably right. I just sort of look at the jets and think there won't be a gaping hole they need to fill and thus might decide to give him more time. Plus at some point they might want to improve the moose. 

The moose aren't a business that needs to win anymore. Their goal is developmentsl but does always losing negatively impact the youth?  BL is the type that might have a positive impact on the culture of the moose. 

Just idle speculation on my part. 

I'll say this, It's very very rare for a player to leave college to play in the AHL... if they are leaving College, it's to play with the big CLUB. If Connor leaves Michigan after this season, He's a JET next year. No doubt about it. Don't get the Gaudreau comparison tho, Johnny Hockey was not a first or even 2nd round pick, he might have been a 3rd or 4th round pick actually, Connor was a top 10, some had him as high as top 6 talent last year in a very deep draft. He fell to the JETS here big time and in a re-draft would probably go top 5. Connor is ripping up the NCAA like only Eichel and Larkin has done b4 him, He's ready. He's very ready. He's more of an Ehlers type of player who plays the game at high speeds than a Gaudreau who is more like Petan in my opinion, Shorter, tons of talent but needs a couple years to actually figure it out. 

Edited by Goalie

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

KBF,

You do know who Kyle Connor is right?

hee hee, I know that's a fair comment, given my ignorance of Ville Pokka, but yes, of course I know who Kyle Connor is. 

Kyle Connor - Winnipeg Jets

If the Jets actually draft someone, especially first round, I take the time to have a look at them.  Just as I also know who Jack Roslovic and Jansen Harkins are.    I actually went to one of the Jets games here in Penticton at the "Young Stars" tournament in September, and was saddened to see how much they stunk, given they had Lemieux, Ehlers, Petan, Helle, and De Leo playing.  They also had some guy named Fronk playing who was about 8 feet tall and could barely skate.  It's too bad that the NCAA picks can't play in that tournament.  It would have been nice to see Connor and some of the NCAA Yanks playing for the Jets in that game.

I was saying that in jest.

A couple of years ago I thought Kosmo would be a Jet by now...how wrong was that? The only way I heard of most of these guys is going to sites and reading about other team's prospects and what analysts think of them and where they have them ranked. I've seen Connor play on tv a couple of times and from what he is doing in the NCAA, he will be a Jet next year. There's some talented players that are going to be available when/if Chevy moves Ladd too.

18 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

hee hee, I know that's a fair comment, given my ignorance of Ville Pokka, but yes, of course I know who Kyle Connor is. 

Kyle Connor - Winnipeg Jets

If the Jets actually draft someone, especially first round, I take the time to have a look at them.  Just as I also know who Jack Roslovic and Jansen Harkins are.    I actually went to one of the Jets games here in Penticton at the "Young Stars" tournament in September, and was saddened to see how much they stunk, given they had Lemieux, Ehlers, Petan, Helle, and De Leo playing.  They also had some guy named Fronk playing who was about 8 feet tall and could barely skate.  It's too bad that the NCAA picks can't play in that tournament.  It would have been nice to see Connor and some of the NCAA Yanks playing for the Jets in that game.

Fronk spent most of the year with the Moose, but was just sent down to the ECHL affiliate (Tulsa Oilers) earlier this week.

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Sorry, I was mistaken.  Fronk couldn't skate but he was only 6 foot 2.  The really tall guy who couldn't skate was Axel Blomquist.  I see they are both with Tulsa now.

Im intrigued by Axel.  Wasnt he signed as a free agent and basically was considered a wild card?  But his size and youth was interesting.  Would be great if he developed into something.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Im intrigued by Axel.  Wasnt he signed as a free agent and basically was considered a wild card?  But his size and youth was interesting.  Would be great if he developed into something.

Teach him to skate backwards and pair him with Myers.  They could be the twin towers.  Actually, they need to teach him how to skate both ways.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

My parents go to Moose games.... Armia was by far the best player before call-up, from the sounds of it Morrissey and to some extent Kostalek are real good D, Petan and De Leo have some real nice moves, Brassard and Lipon have flashes  

... and that's it.  Everyone else pretty much sucks, ha.

That's my intel anyway.

Edited by Floyd

4 minutes ago, Floyd said:

My parents go to Moose games.... Armia was by far the best player before call-up, from the sounds of it Morrissey and to some extent Kostalek are real good D, Petan and De Leo have some real nice moves, Brassard and Lipon have flashes  

... and that's it.  Everyone else pretty much sucks, ha.

That's my intel anyway.

I've only been to one Moose game, but that's pretty much how I saw it, except Armia was already gone by then. Melchiori was probably their best dman that day.

The difference in the quality of passing/playmaking between the leagues is ridiculous.

Would anyone be upset if our lineup (in no real order) next year was...

Drouin Little Wheeler
Connor Scheif Ehlers
Lemieux Perreault Armia
Lowry Copp Thorbs

Chychrun Trouba
Enstrom Hamonic
Morrissey Buff
(Stuart Postma Burmi are in the press box)

Helle Pavs

Hutch on the farm backing up Comrie

Everyone else traded now or the off-season or not re-signed. A very salary/caphit friendly roster. My complaint would be with the lack of size compared to this year's roster.

Can't see Chychryn stepping straight into the league...  Sure hope we don't end up picking 5th.  Would be very happy with Matt Tkachuk though...

I wouldn't give Drouin top line - Connor will start on third line, like Ehlers did.

Paying Buff big $$ for third pairing...?  

By end of season...

Ehlers-Scheif-Wheeler

Perrault-Little-Armia

Harkins-Connor-Stafford

Lemieux-Copp-Thorbs