Muamba released!

IC Khari

I dont think he does the tour this time around, most teams will probably stand firm with what they would have offered him last year, and I think some teams might even bow out before its even started, as he was kind of seen as a merc for teams looking to make a strong playoff push last year, a little bit of different dynamics at this time of year and with FA already in full swing.

If montreal would have released him before FA then i could see every team making a strong pitch, maybe even harder then they did for Laurent

Don't dump 2 NIs for 1......dump imports. Those NIs, regardless of starting position, are invaluable on ST. Our NI depth is still really poor and we can't afford to be letting guys go. 

I dunno...I'm with Mike. I really don't want Muamba, all things considered...

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

1 yr deals I'll bet for Henoc. Fire the agent and I'd talk to him but pass 

Fire the agent? He got him the best deal possible. Maybe an impossible deal as it turns out. Its not the agents fault that a GM counted his receipts after a shopping trip and realized he's going to have to return some of the shiny stuff. 

1 minute ago, Fan Boy said:

Fire the agent? He got him the best deal possible. Maybe an impossible deal as it turns out. Its not the agents fault that a GM counted his receipts after a shopping trip and realized he's going to have to return some of the shiny stuff. 

Fire the agent for MANY reasons. Hardaway is a terrible agent.

8 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

What good is a deal if it doesn't actually pan out?

....The way Henoc and his agent operate is a little suspect..You know the guy wants to play in the nfl more than anything else, and his agent is most likely making it certain he doesn't pass that up...They'll go scrounging around for another deal and try to sucker some one else into a bonus and a one year deal...I hope the hell it isn't us...I don't like the smell of this agent and it's making Henoc look very mercenary, as someone has mentioned...I hope we pass on him and wish him well in his future endeavours.

wow...from penthouse to outhouse.   It just goes to show how a bad GM can sign anyone they want if you throw enough money at it. 

And the great thing is that he's an even worse coach than GM.     The Als don't have a hope in hell.  Popp really needed to sign Trevor Harris to even have a chance next season. 

I hope Muamba made enough money to pay for his across Canada tour.  

Edited by B-F-F-C

52 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Bucknor plus Hurl would equal Mumba in terms of salary

I always get puzzled when 2-for-1 salary adjustments are proposed.  It's never 2-for-1, it has to be 2-for-2.   It may be fair to say Bucknor and Hurl for Muamba and "league minimum rookie", but there always has to be a balanced number for salary.

I like Muamba as a player, and the Bombers should at least have a discussion.  IMHO opinion, he may very well be the best Canadian LB, if not the best LB in the league.   I don't begrudge a player trying to earn the most that he can.   That said, the Bombers may find the price too steep.  Never hurts to talk though.

Contrary to many others, I think Hurl showed great progress last year, so I am not so anxious to move off on him.  The Bombers, like most teams, rotate many players in and out on defence, so having NI players that can step into a roll are very valuable.