Andrew Ladd

Ducky

Chicago has $50 million of capspace tied up long-term...  no way they can sign Ladd for 6x6

Let's say Chicago wins the cup...  if I'm Ladd, that's three cups... now find a nice city and max out your cash

If they don't win, sign a one year deal and try again?

hahaha house is up for sale so the wife has nowhere to live?

You think she is moving to Chi-town within a week? Gimme a break.

Low chance of him signing but if you listen to Chevy's interview he does say that he had had multiple talks with Ladd's people in the last few weeks and they have an area where his market value is. Chevy said no door is closed but someone will give him a longer term and more cashola than Chevy will and rightly so.

The convo...

Agent: Ladd can get x amount of dollars as an UFA.

Chevy: I'm not willing to pay that. I'll give you y amount of dollars.

Agent: We'll see what we can get an an UFA then.

Chevy: Okay, talk to you this summer.

Chevy: Stan, will you throw in a 3rd in 2018 if you win the cup this year?

Bowman: Jeezus H. Chevy..............ya, okay but it is done today.

Chevy: Deal.

I would say the chances of Ladd resigning here would be slim and none, many veteran free agents will see a soft market this year if the cap goes down. Teams are going younger and the money goes to the select few superstars Ladd does not fall in that category. Ladd has moved on and so should we as Chevy has some major challenges in the future, by the way i also believe that Stafford will be gone next year as will Perreault, and Little the following year. After Buffs contract is done i think there will no players that came from Atlanta with the team.

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

I would say the chances of Ladd resigning here would be slim and none, many veteran free agents will see a soft market this year if the cap goes down. Teams are going younger and the money goes to the select few superstars Ladd does not fall in that category. Ladd has moved on and so should we as Chevy has some major challenges in the future, by the way i also believe that Stafford will be gone next year as will Perreault, and Little the following year. After Buffs contract is done i think there will no players that came from Atlanta with the team.

Little and Wheeler will still be here I think...  need some vet leadership

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

You cherrypicked a real well written post in a really dumb way, that's why you got the reply.

Don't comment on what I accept or don't accept, as you have no clue.

His version is much better though - the media has been lying to us.

Just imagine the scene in early 2015 - Chevy and Ladd's agent are together in Chevy's office, watching Weekend at Bernie's...

Chevy: "We plan on making no attempt to re-sign Ladd.  We do not want him.  I repeat, we do not want him."

Agent: "That's fine.  He does not want to be here.  So how should we proceed?"

Chevy: "Every once in a while I'll leak out a lie.  Something about us talking."

Agent: "Alright.  And I'll leak out a random dollar amount or term to one of those douchenozzles at TSN."

Chevy: "Why do they only hire ex-Leafs for their panels?"

Agent: "I have no idea.  Ready for Weekend at Bernie's 2?  I have to do something for all this billable hours I'm going to pretend to use on this."

Chevy: "You know I'm always game for some more Bernie."

Agent: "But what should we do if someone gets wise to us?  You know, doesn't take what the media says at face value?"

Chevy: "I don't know.  A man that wise and perceptive?  I don't think one exists."

Agent: "Alright.  A year and a half of fake negotiations, here we come.  Pass the popcorn."

20 hours ago, Ducky said:

hahaha house is up for sale so the wife has nowhere to live?

You think she is moving to Chi-town within a week? Gimme a break.

Low chance of him signing but if you listen to Chevy's interview he does say that he had had multiple talks with Ladd's people in the last few weeks and they have an area where his market value is. Chevy said no door is closed but someone will give him a longer term and more cashola than Chevy will and rightly so.

The convo...

Agent: Ladd can get x amount of dollars as an UFA.

Chevy: I'm not willing to pay that. I'll give you y amount of dollars.

Agent: We'll see what we can get an an UFA then.

Chevy: Okay, talk to you this summer.

Chevy: Stan, will you throw in a 3rd in 2018 if you win the cup this year?

Bowman: Jeezus H. Chevy..............ya, okay but it is done today.

Chevy: Deal.

I thought that was interesting because ladd had just said there were no talks since Christmas.  I don't think one of them lying per se. I think the talks were nothing substantive that required the agent informing ladd. 

in fact the way Chevy worded it sounded to me like the talks were more around compromf notes on market value and what the jets could get in a trade and where the best places to send him were. 

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

I wonder if Florida was a team on Ladd's list.

Good point.  Although if they got that far along I'd sort of suspect it was.  I'd hope he'd not be overly concerned where he plays the next few weeks knowing that wherever it is is a contender.

Maybe the relationship between the Jets and Hawks played a role.  Maybe the Hawks us a favour...

17 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Good point.  Although if they got that far along I'd sort of suspect it was.  I'd hope he'd not be overly concerned where he plays the next few weeks knowing that wherever it is is a contender.

Maybe the relationship between the Jets and Hawks played a role.  Maybe the Hawks us a favour...

Great question. Ladd likely to get 6x6 with dumb teams(ex. FLA) but CHI perennial contender so he might accept long term but lesser $ deal with them.

The contract Ladd will get now will be more expensive than the one he was due to get when Chicago traded him away the first time because they couldn't afford him.  And Byfuglien.

That would have to be the hometown discount to end all hometown discounts for him to fit financially on that roster next season.

Speaking of his hometown, I wonder if Vancouver is a possible landing spot for him once free agency rolls around.

If Ladd plays lights out they might try to find a way....Bowman is scary good. He's as good a GM as his dad was a coach. I doubt it though.

I'd take that trade with Florida over what we did easily. Wouldn't have to think about it. With some of the Jets' prospects on the smaller side, Crouse would even that up a bit. I don't believe Chevy would take Dano and an inferior (probably) pick over that trade with Florida.

38 minutes ago, mbrg said:

The contract Ladd will get now will be more expensive than the one he was due to get when Chicago traded him away the first time because they couldn't afford him.  And Byfuglien.

That would have to be the hometown discount to end all hometown discounts for him to fit financially on that roster next season.

Speaking of his hometown, I wonder if Vancouver is a possible landing spot for him once free agency rolls around.

Vrbata and Hamhuis are probably coming off of the books and that is a saving of 9.5m and Prust at 2.5m.

15 hours ago, Ducky said:

He might be over-rated but his ceiling is as high or higher than Dano's and his bottom is a very good, very big, 3rd LWer.

Since I have seen little to make me think that Dano has any ceiling you are damning Crouse with faint praise here. I liked what I saw of Crouse at the World Juniors.

Crouse is just a big player, similar to Lowry. Danos ceiling is much higher. People get caught up on size a little 2 much. That was what the Jets were asking for, just like they apparently asked Chicago for Teuvo Teravainen at  first. Flordia balked, Chicago said we will give you Dano instead. Jets took it.

Crouse is not good.