Andrew Ladd

Ducky

10 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I doubt the Islanders give up Hamonic for Ladd unless they think they can sign him long term.  Now of course, if we threw in Myers into the deal... :)

Certainly they wouldnt right now.  But what if Hamonic was a part of the deal as a future consideration?  Ie. They get Ladd now, we get Hamonic in the summer? Other pieces involved to be sure.  But in sort of a Buffalo scenario, we dont need any "help" right now...

35 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The islanders interest me though because I would think talks might include to a degree, Hamonic.  Probably not right now as they'd want him for the playoffs, but some sort of future consideration.

That would be an interesting move. Make a deadline trade with the Islanders that includes future considerations that becomes Hamonic when the playoffs are over. I can't think of an instance where something like that has ever happened before. Is that even legal?

There would have to be a lot of concern from the Jets if he got hurt while still playing for the Islanders.

Just now, sweep the leg said:

That would be an interesting move. Make a deadline trade with the Islanders that includes future considerations that becomes Hamonic when the playoffs are over. I can't think of an instance where something like that has ever happened before. Is that even legal?

There would have to be a lot of concern from the Jets if he got hurt while still playing for the Islanders.

yeah, this falls under the "seemed like a good idea at the time" category, until something goes horribly wrong, and given its the Jets, it would be horribly wrong for us.

Well if the Isles said something like we'd offer our first and this prospect OR you throw in this and we'll give you Hamonic later and maybe we exchange picks...I'd listen.  The caveat could be a Jets option to choose Hamonic or an alternative if they choose which protects them from injury.  But realistically, it would have to be a devastating injury to still not be worth it.  And that's generally unlikely.

Doesnt seem to be many Future Consideration trades anymore.  The closest we get is an either/or draft pick based on resigning or playoff success.

49 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'm only trading Myers for Pokka.

ok, well you do that.  I'll stick to trading him for players that are actually proven, and who I might have heard of.

EDIT - oh wait, I missed the sarcasm, my fault. :)

I'm only trading Myers to Edmonton for Taylor Hall.  Hee hee...

Edited by kelownabomberfan

Of course the longer this goes with Ladd, the debate rages on whether he should be playing or not.

I can see both sides...but man, if Ladd were to go down in a meaningless game that could be devastating.  He's scored 7 in his last 10 - hasn't he already proved "he's back" to the Ladd we're used to?

Very interesting to see how Maurice handles the next few games before the deadline.

It's not that I think we should trade Myers, I think we should trade a RHD and Myers is the one that should be traded. We need a true shutdown D man and we don't have one.

I'd do Myers for Drouin but I think TB needs to add.

Myers and 3rd for Hamonic although his agent says a TD trad is unlikely.

Ladd and Myers for Kempe, 2017 1st, 2016 2nd and ? + ?.

Pavs and 5th for Hiller.

Ladd to Caps for 1st in 2017 and Bowey.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

Elliott Friedman said jets were front runners on Drouin. As for nyi and Florida cooling off. . Guess they are just pretenders and not contenders 

The Isles I can see not being interested but you would think Florida would be.

The Isles will be going through a bit of change this off-season losing Okposo and Hamonic to start with.

Yeah there will be loads of posturing.  We're not used to this here and being in the eye of it.  Andrew Little is the tippy top rental player this year so there will be tons of rumors, wild speculation and red herrings.  GM 's will be calling bluffs, throwing up obstacles and trying to swing the best deal they can.  Ultimately, Chevy is in the driver's seat.

The opportunity for a rival is that they know Chevy loses big time if he doesnt trade Ladd.  So someone is getting Ladd...you want to force Chevy as close to the deadline as possible and make him nervous about consummating things.  Thats about the only leverage a rival has.

4m caphit and 4.5m actual salary next year.

Unless it was Staff and Ladd for Bickell and something amazing, I couldn't see the Jets doing it.

Staf and Ladd for Bickell and Pokka and Dano and Scmaltz?

I'd do that and play Bickell on the 4th or send him down to the minors for a year.

We'd downgrade from Staf to Bickell but I think the Jets have the players to replace Staf next year and I would be shopping him around right now anyway.

Pokka, Dano and  Scmaltz are not hing to sneeze at. I wouldn't be surprised if all three are NHL ready next season. Dano might not be quite there yet but I think the other two are.

Edited by Ducky
grammar