Andrew Ladd

Ducky

perhaps the impending ufa's should look in the mirror when figuring out why the Jets aren't very good.

Maybe they can figure out how to stop taking stupid penalties for a start. 

No trades, or signings, or prospects, or anything else need be involved in getting that done.

Some of the players on this team are playing like idiots. Don't have to be a hockey mastermind to see that.

Edited by Mark F

Ladd wasn't looking to become an UFA....he was looking to get what he wanted and stay here.

Frosty, Seriously, a 3 year deal wouldn't even get him talking....he probably wouldn't sign a 5 year....Lawless suggested 5 x 6.25...He's gonna be traded anyway and most people think it is Chicago or Florida with most leaning to Chicago.

Chicago makes sense. They have lots of picks from trading out big salaries and draft very well after the first couple of rounds. They are the number one team and need to win now as their core players are all mostly in their primes but.. I'd like to see what LA would come up with to try to keep the Hawks from getting Ladd. Kempe would have to be part of that package.

Someone mentioned Chiarot and Ladd to Chicago not just Ladd.

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I want no part of Pirri at all, guy is a defensive black hole, pass on him.  I hope Chevy can get a better deal than that. Mattheson has been compared to Paul Postma so pass on him also. Don't see the hype with him.

Any deal involving Brandon Pirri is a huge loss. Guys a defensive black hole, Just awful.

So, if I'm picking up what you're laying down, you're not big on Pirri...

... and you're comparing Florida's number one prospect to Paul Postma.

Mathewson or McCoshen are the core of this deal - could be top LHD... OMG LHD!!! LHD!!!

Not sure what you expect for Ladd, but this would be a haul for a rental.

25 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Ladd 50% retained, our 3rd in 2016, and Chiarot to Chicago for Pokka and Dano. Leaves them their first for another trade and we take as much of Ladd's salary as we can to further help them make another trade.

that's a lot to give up for two dudes I've never heard of.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

that's a lot to give up for two dudes I've never heard of.

Hahahaha, doesn't surprise me, you didn't hear of Auston Matthews either!!!!!

Dano is the best forward prospect in the Hawks' system that will be on their 3rd line next year if he isn't traded. 2nd liner or 3rd on a really talented team.

Pokka is the best D man prospect in the Hawks' system that will be a 3rd pairing for them next year. 2nd pairing in his prime and we could use a dependable 3rd pairing RHD next season unless Chevy/Maurice think Postma is.

These guys will for sure be in the NHL, can you say that about someone Chevy will draft in the late 20s this year?

Having said this, I would much rather go after a player like Crouse from FLorida or Drouin from TB or even Mirco Mueller from the Sharks. Why go after a pick and a middling prospect for a first line LWer? Go for something that has the potential to be more.

Edited by Ducky

Jets are apparently front runners on Drouin 

Myers to tbay for Drouin is my guess and maybe we take back matt carle and they add their first Trouba signs. 

Ladd to Chicago for Pokka and a 1st 

Another trade involving one of Burmi or Chiarot or Postma for picks 

Buff Trouba Pokka RHD next year 

Edited by Goalie

If this many teams have interest in Ladd, Chevy has a lot of work ahead of him playing one team against the other, this is the best possible scenario  as one team might over over pay so another team does not get Ladd. Playoffs are big business the farther you go the more dough you make oh and you have a chance to win the cup :D

46 minutes ago, Goalie said:

List of confirmed teams who have interest in Ladd 

Hawks. Ducks. Kings. Panthers. Rangers. Islanders. Capitals. 

Aka Ching Ching for the Jets 

I think you mean Cha Ching.  Ching Ching was a panda.  I think.  Unless you want the Jets to get a panda in exchange for Ladd.  Which would be kind of cool, I guess.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

2 hours ago, Ducky said:

Hahahaha, doesn't surprise me, you didn't hear of Auston Matthews either!!!!!

Dano is the best forward prospect in the Hawks' system that will be on their 3rd line next year if he isn't traded. 2nd liner or 3rd on a really talented team.

Pokka is the best D man prospect in the Hawks' system that will be a 3rd pairing for them next year. 2nd pairing in his prime and we could use a dependable 3rd pairing RHD next season unless Chevy/Maurice think Postma is.

These guys will for sure be in the NHL, can you say that about someone Chevy will draft in the late 20s this year?

Having said this, I would much rather go after a player like Crouse from FLorida or Drouin from TB or even Mirco Mueller from the Sharks. Why go after a pick and a middling prospect for a first line LWer? Go for something that has the potential to be more.

I actually remembered that I had heard of him.  I also remembered that he didn't really blow me away at the WJC either.  You do have a much better grasp on junior prospects, I will give you that. 

34 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I actually remembered that I had heard of him.  I also remembered that he didn't really blow me away at the WJC either.  You do have a much better grasp on junior prospects, I will give you that. 

Just google Hockey's Future... everyone else is...

Myers to tbay for Drouin is my guess and maybe we take back matt carle and they add their first Trouba signs. 

No way in any universe does Chevy takes Carle at 5.5m for another two seasons after this one. He's got 2 points this year!!!!!!! They'd have to give us Stamkos to do that. The hate from TB fans for him is more than ours for any Jet.

I'd love to see Drouin on the Jets though. Ehlers might have to play RW if we have Connor and Drouin on LW. This guy could put up BIG numbers with a true goal scorer on his line. He's got 40 points in 89 games but 34 of them are assists. There's a reason he was 3rd overall.

Drouin Little Wheeler?

I think if we are trading a RHD, Myers should be the one to go though but TB doesn't have the cap room. I just can't see the tight-arsed Jets trading Myers yet, not until we are in cap trouble. I hope they do though.

Give them Ladd (50% retained) and Petan.

Pokka would be a good add and probably makes the team next year as a 3rd pairing D man and we need one. He turns 22 this summer.

If I were Chevy, I would be actively seeing what I could get for the following (but of course not all) ...

Lowry (ya I know) ...Thorbs Myers Staf Stuart Chiarot Postma Harrison Pardy Petan Burmi Peluso Pavs/Hutch

The bolded I would love to see in another uni next fall, we simply don't need them and some like Staf would bring back a nice return in the next few days.

16 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Sometimes the best deal you gonna get happens early, some teams will give it there best shot if rejected set there sights on another player. If Chevy is asking for the moon the trade deadline may come and he won't have a dance partner. 

Maybe if there are other Ladd-quality players.  If Chevy goes back to the three best offers on Monday, no one is going to say "no, jerk, you should have taken this on Wednesday."  UNLESS they went in a different direction.  But there really isnt a Ladd type player available so if half a dozen teams have serious interest, Chevy will get good offers on Monday. 

12 hours ago, Goalie said:

Where did you hear/see that the Jets are front runners for Drouin?  Would love to get him on board.

9 hours ago, Ducky said:

No way in any universe does Chevy takes Carle at 5.5m for another two seasons after this one. He's got 2 points this year!!!!!!! They'd have to give us Stamkos to do that. The hate from TB fans for him is more than ours for any Jet.

I'd love to see Drouin on the Jets though. Ehlers might have to play RW if we have Connor and Drouin on LW. This guy could put up BIG numbers with a true goal scorer on his line. He's got 40 points in 89 games but 34 of them are assists. There's a reason he was 3rd overall.

Drouin Little Wheeler?

I think if we are trading a RHD, Myers should be the one to go though but TB doesn't have the cap room. I just can't see the tight-arsed Jets trading Myers yet, not until we are in cap trouble. I hope they do though.

Give them Ladd (50% retained) and Petan.

Pokka would be a good add and probably makes the team next year as a 3rd pairing D man and we need one. He turns 22 this summer.

If I were Chevy, I would be actively seeing what I could get for the following (but of course not all) ...

Lowry (ya I know) ...Thorbs Myers Staf Stuart Chiarot Postma Harrison Pardy Petan Burmi Peluso Pavs/Hutch

The bolded I would love to see in another uni next fall, we simply don't need them and some like Staf would bring back a nice return in the next few days.

From your posts you seem to be willing to give up Myers for almost anybody, at the drop of the hat.  Not getting that.  Enstrom on the other hand...

16 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Elliott Friedman said jets were front runners on Drouin. As for nyi and Florida cooling off. . Guess they are just pretenders and not contenders 

I agree.  I think part of the competition for rentals is what other guys are doing.  if a team in their division improves on Monday morning, those two teams will both be calling Chevy.  Andrew ladd is good enough to make the difference for a team in the Playoffs. 

The islanders interest me though because I would think talks might include to a degree, Hamonic.  Probably not right now as they'd want him for the playoffs, but some sort of future consideration.

Someone else made the point that Chevy might target an return that gets him something later.  For example, if the Jets want Drouin, and Tampa has a specific need Chevy could get that from someone else for Ladd and use it to get Drouin.  Or Hamonic.