Andrew Ladd

Ducky

Hawks wouldn't be re-signing him. I could definitely see Florida going after him hard....even before he became eligible for UFA. They need optometrists in Florida too. They're a couple of years ahead of us in the rebuild process and have come key cogs to a championship team.

Also, anyone looking for a good veteran player or to replace someone they lost. Different wing but Okposo probably won't re-sign with the Isles and I can see them going after someone to replace his offense.

4G and 25A for 29 points in 26 games for a plus/minus of plus 26 at UND....sounds like a taller, more defensively sound version of Petan.

20th overall in last year's draft.

I'd take this deal but if Chevy isn't, he must either be sure he can get more or is still trying to re-sign Ladd. I'm afraid it's the latter...

Edited by Ducky

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/nick-schmaltz/

Hockey's future rates him as a 7.5 with a probability of success of C.

Talent Analysis

Schmaltz is a talented two-way forward. He is an excellent playmaker with terrific hands; he makes crisp passes and is adept at finding open seams. His playmaking ability is his prime asset but he does a good job of finishing plays. Schmaltz is continually improving in his own end and plays a sound and strong defensive game. He utilizes his stick quite effectively in all three zones, whether in creating plays or taking away time and space. Schmaltz is gifted at using his stick handling skill to control the puck in tight spaces.

Future

Schmaltz returns to the University of North Dakota for his sophomore season in 2015-16 and is a candidate to play in his second World Juniors tournament with the USA U20 team in Finland in January. After playing a key role with the Fighting Sioux as a freshman, he will have added responsibility with a new coach and several losses due to graduation. Long-term he projects as a scoring forward capable of consistently generating offense and his continued improvement in his own end has been impressive.

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

Nope and I'd rather have Bowey too although Schmaltz is the Hawks' number one prospect not named Dano.

Guess I'm dreaming to get two top prospects for Ladd on a rental eh?  Although if this is true it may be interesting to turn the screws on Washington to see if they would match or go better.

28 minutes ago, Rich said:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/nick-schmaltz/

Hockey's future rates him as a 7.5 with a probability of success of C.

Got to see a UND game earlier in the season.  I don't specifically remember Schmaltz but I remember his line was completely dominant against Denver, a traditional NCAA powerhouse program.  A 4-0 game that could have been 9-0, and that line was driving the bus.

Jets prospect Tucker Poolman had a pair of assists that night (as did Schmaltz apparently).

30 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Got to see a UND game earlier in the season.  I don't specifically remember Schmaltz but I remember his line was completely dominant against Denver, a traditional NCAA powerhouse program.  A 4-0 game that could have been 9-0, and that line was driving the bus.

Jets prospect Tucker Poolman had a pair of assists that night (as did Schmaltz apparently).

Poolman is one of the later round picks the Jets got in 2013 when they traded their second rounder to Washington (who used it to draft Sanford).

Lawless did not say the Hawks offered schmaltz and their first. He speculated that's what they offered. He also said Washington would probably offer Matheson and their 1st. For the record Matheson plays for Florida so lawless was just bs ING.  If it was true he'd have tweeted it bit he's speculating 

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Poolman is one of the later round picks the Jets got in 2013 when they traded their second rounder to Washington (who used it to draft Sanford).

The Hawks' second-round pick went to the Caps as the result of a trade on June 30, 2013 that sent Washington's third and fourth-round picks in 2013 (84th and 114th overall) and Calgary's fifth-round pick in 2013 (127th overall) to Winnipeg in exchange for this pick. Winnipeg previously acquired this pick as the result of a trade on June 30, 2013 that sent Oduya to Chicago in exchange for Chicago's third-round pick in 2013 and this pick.