Andrew Ladd

Ducky

Chicago or Dallas let's say..

1st and high end prospect cuz those 1st Rd picks will be late 

Ideally a LHD prospect and 1st 

Totally depends on who you trade him too. 

Late firsts IMO should also include a near ready preferably LHD prospect

If some bubble team wants him... then a 1st and not do high end prospect. Again tho. .. LHD prospect 

Anaheim I'd do their first and Larson. I'd do Theodore straight up. It totally depends. Perhaps a bidding war breaks out and you get more 

Chicago let's say... 1st and Ville Pokka. He's a d prospect. Washington I'd want bowey. Yeah they both might be rhd... not sure about Pokka but those are the guys I'd want.

Edited by Goalie

I feel like Stafford would be a way better fit for Toews and Hossa - not sure they have 4.3 mill to spare next year though

Shaw seems like a younger Ladd...

Dallas could be a market for Ladd... but I'd really try for the cusp teams, get a mid-1st round pick and prospect - try Tampa or New Jersey

If you could add Enstrom, Pitts might really overpay - Crosby needs to win now...  their injuries have left cap room, lots of space for Enstoms contract

No first pick but I'd take Pouliot, Sundqvist, Byron and their 2nd round in 2016 or 17

http://podbay.fm/show/354153569/e/1455214955?autostart=1

Chevy starts around the 30:15 mark and starts talking about Ladd around the 38:12 mark.

Mentions the RFAs, the unknown cap and there is a deal to be made or a trade to be made............Ladd will not be on the Jets if he is unsigned after the TD. Hold out Andrew, we can use the prospects.

The thing about Ladd is since he's a pending UFA it softens the blow of not staying here.  Even if his wife likes it here (I believe they built a new home a couple of years ago so they were clearly comfortable staying here), as a UFA he will have multiple offers and can pick a city the family might enjoy.

I agree with Goalie that ideally they want D prospects/players, preferably LHD.  Goaltending is good.  Forward isnt bad with the prospects they have.  But D is one major injury away from being a disaster.  And there isnt a ton other than Morrissey in the bank there either.

Ducky makes a good point about the Pens.  Im sure I heard them linked to Enstrom earlier in the season when there was rumors the Jets were shopping him.  They might like Enstrom for next season.  Ladd would be a great fit there too but Im not sure the Pens could afford to resign him, especially if they also took Enstrom. They'd want to send salary back and we'd probably not want that.

I mentioned Drouin before.  He's a LW and fits the Jets young development model.  But I also agree it would be a bit counter intuitive if Ladd goes and a forward comes back over a D man.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Ladds wife is a doctor more specifically an optometrist with her own practice that she set up here. She doesn't want to leave and start over in a new city 

That's very interesting.  Maybe he will capitulate. But I hear he's politically active and there will be pressure on him to maximize his deal to set standards for other players. 

Depending on how lucartive her practice in Winnipeg is, in this day in age she wouldn't necessarily have to start over depending on their circumstances and sacrifices they are willing to make. A lot of professionals, even athletes, keep their homebase and work elsewhere, i.e., She stays in Winnipeg, he works in ?, they meet up when they can, not the greatest but doable.

There is always the possibility that he is traded but then signed in the off-season to a more reasonable contract. That's not as far fetched as i originally thought it might be. Let's be honest here, The Cap won't be rising that much if at all, it might even lower because of the CDN dollar, if it does or stays the same, which contender actually has cap space? None of them really do so it's very possible Ladd is traded to a contender and then ends up signing back here in the off-season. Much like Vermette did with Arizona.

I don't think Ladd will get close to 6 million as a UFA, i just don't see teams paying that much anymore for guys in their 30's. The landscape has somewhat changed recently.. we saw it last off-season, guys didn't get as much money as they normally do. Teams are up against the CAP. and If I'm ladd, I'd rather sign back here where maybe we have a chance of making the playoffs next season then somewhere else like let's just say Toronto who has tons of cap space but not much of a chance at the playoffs. Ladds wife wants to stay.That's the bottom line. She wants to stay, her practice is doing very well and to start up elsewhere would be a pain. She loves it here, much Like Buff and Wheelers wives, they love it here and want to stay. 

Edited by Goalie

Ladds wife is also on the True North Foundation Board of Directors, still think that something will change in contract demands he will not get 6x6 but he might get 5mil 7years ball is really in Ladds court and it sounds like his wife might have a strong influence in his decision.

28 minutes ago, Ducky said:

They won't re-sign Ladd and take the C off of him.

Thats my point.

Ladd can move on and not wear a C or stay here and not wear a C. Either way Ladd will not wear a C next season.

Maurice and Wheeler have the same idea of how the team should go.

It will be how the team goes.

Edited by New_Earth_Mud