Parking Question

Logan007

Ok, so we're going to the game on Sunday for the first time this year and bringing the kids (yeah I know...rowdy).

Now that things have been ironed out, where's the best place to park?  I was thinking just in one of some stores parking lots that are selling spots and then walking from there.

And what's the best time to get to the parking lot at?

Thanks.

We have found the park and ride to be a great option!  The downs is quick in and out and no worry about parking.  We havn't taken our kids on the park and ride but my 4yr old nephew has gone and been fine. 

Park and Ride has been fantastic for myself as well.  Really well organized, you get to the game FAST on the busses with their dedicated lane.  It's free and fast (I don't think I've waited on the bus more than 5 minutes before it was on it's way)

I wasn't planning on getting a parking pass before using the park and ride, now I wouldn't even consider it.

I live in Oakbank so driving to the downs would be a bit out of the way.  The kids are 7 and 5 and we've done a lot of hiking on our trips so I'm sure they can handle the walk from one of the parking lots at any of the stores allowing parking.

Pretty fast though from the downs.  That's some good time their making.

Thanks guys.

I have taken the Park and Ride from Club Regent during the week day games and it was about 45 Minutes. The weekend games I will probably take the Park and Ride from the Hydro Building on Taylor between 15 - 20 minute ride from there.

The Taylor park and ride is the one I take. - like you said about 15-20 minute ride to the stadium and basically no wait for a bus going to the game or coming back

I have a park-and-ride right by my place and there's no way I could get from my front door to my seat at the stadium faster if I took my car. If you luck out and get a school bus with an audio system over a transit bus, they even play the CJOB pre-game show, so there is absolutely zero reason, imho, to use anything but the park-and-ride.

I park in the Jysk parking lot right beside the crosswalk (with button) on Pembina. Safe crossing Pembina, and then a 15-minute-or-so walk to the stadium. I've found this to be a very good option, but then again, I was burned by the Exhibition Game Park 'n Ride fiasco, and so have purposely avoided it since.

(Sounds like the Downs has improved. Does anyone who takes that route know if it still stops at a couple places on Grant before hitting the stadium? ie. Grant & Laxdal)