The Environment Thread

Wanna-B-Fanboy

13 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I love AOC. Shes the gift that keeps on giving.

Me too! I love AOC- she's awesome. Her ideas are great and she seems to be a champion for the middle/working class. 

Also- because she is a young, non-white,  woman in an elected position of power- she is the new Alt-right boogeyman. LOVE it. Everytime she speaks- Alt-right head's explode. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

10 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Me too! I love AOC- she's awesome. Her ideas are great and she seems to be a champion for the middle/working class. 

Not sure her ideas, if you could call them that, are that great, more in the "tried and failed many times" category. She would be a big hit in North Korea or Venezuela though.

10 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Also- because she is a young, non-white,  woman in an elected position of power- she is the new Alt-right boogeyman. LOVE it. Everytime she speaks- Alt-right head's explode. 

Everytime she speaks the Democrat machine kicks into "how do we stop her" mode. But you already know that. 

54 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Not sure her ideas, if you could call them that,

Why wouldn't one call them ideas? please elaborate.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

more in the "tried and failed many times" category. She would be a big hit in North Korea or Venezuela though.

Interesting- what are the "tried and failed many times"  ideas she has? Why NK? Why Venezuala?  

57 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Everytime she speaks the Democrat machine kicks into "how do we stop her" mode. But you already know that. 

Actually I didn't. 

24 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Why wouldn't one call them ideas? please elaborate.

$40 trillion of spending.  Even CNN couldn't fake it when they tried to understand how it could be done. It can be done of course. If you want to become a banana republic. 

Interesting- what are the "tried and failed many times"  ideas she has? Why NK? Why Venezuala?  

Because Venezuela has become an economic basket case.  The same way the US would if someone like AOC was given any true power. Which is never going to happen.

Actually I didn't. 

Lol

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

$40 trillion of spending.  Even CNN couldn't fake it when they tried to understand how it could be done. It can be done of course. If you want to become a banana republic. 

You don't have to use hyperbole, no need to become a banana republic. 

It's pretty much similar to Bernie's 32 trillion plan.:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/7/30/17631240/medicare-for-all-bernie-sanders-32-trillion-cost-voxcare

Because Venezuela has become an economic basket case.  The same way the US would if someone like AOC was given any true power. Which is never going to happen.

The US will never became Venezuela- never mind the fox talking points. 

Lol

LOL? Good discourse... good discourse... 

On ‎2019‎-‎02‎-‎07 at 8:44 AM, Wideleft said:

"The hottest five years on record are, in fact, the last five years. The year 2016, which was 1.69 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than the 20th-century average, holds the top spot, with 2018 at 1.42 degrees F warmer."

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/06/692060375/2018-was-earths-fourth-hottest-year-on-record-scientists-say

I'm sure it's just "the weather"... Nothing to see here.

It's comical how someone who acts like they know so much about climate change can't even differentiate between weather vs. climate. So, here's a link that'll hopefully help: https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/news/weather-vs-climate

5 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

It's comical how someone who acts like they know so much about climate change can't even differentiate between weather vs. climate. So, here's a link that'll hopefully help: https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/news/weather-vs-climate

That is their shtick- don't fall for it.

On 2019-02-07 at 5:00 PM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

You don't have to use hyperbole,

I think you should send this advice to AOC.  Calling the man-made climate change hypothesis "Our World War 2" is hyperbole at its finest.  It's eye-rollingly chalk full of hyperbole.  And yet, if you call her on these kinds of crazy statements, you are "alt-right" or something equally nefarious.  I am waiting to see how many crazy things she can say before someone in the media finally starts calling her out on this stuff.  At least the WaPo started giving her Pinocchios, which was good to see.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/04/alexandria-ocasio-cortezs-trillion-mistake/?utm_term=.be307a1b49a1

why not make it $50 trillion?  $60 trillion?  At that level it's just monopoly money anyway.  And completely unrealistic.

The US will never became Venezuela- never mind the fox talking points. 

LOL- yes spending mega-trillions of dollars you don't have like Venezuela did and saying that maybe doing the EXACT same thing is probably not a good idea is a "Fox Talking Point".  This made me laugh, hysterically.

LOL? Good discourse... good discourse... 

If you want "good discourse", then drop the deliberate obtuseness angle.  Of course the DNC is going to destroy any chance that AOC will have for real power.  They have extremely wealthy elitists to protect just like the RNC.  The DNC has to protect them, that's who funds them.  That's how politics works.  Everywhere.  And that's why the DNC isn't going to allow AOC to get past where she is right now.  That's why they knifed Bernie in the back.  And you know this, you aren't stupid.  It's ok to criticize the DNC once in awhile, and question your confirmation biases. It's actually healthy.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

31 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

as usual, some random weirdness to deflect....

If you are fine with the science on the Earth being round, then why is man-made climate change such a stretch for you?

31 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

of course I do!  Do you?

I doubt it, from your posts you seem to confuse the two- often. 

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

If you are fine with the science on the Earth being round, then why is man-made climate change such a stretch for you?

Just because I ask questions, somehow it's a "stretch" for me?  Why can't I ask questions?  Why is it always such a threat when anything is questioned?  Why are people so scared of questions?

Just now, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I doubt it, from your posts you seem to confuse the two- often. 

LOL - whatever lets you sleep at night.

39 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think you should send this advice to AOC.  Calling the man-made climate change hypothesis "Our World War 2" is hyperbole at its finest.  It's eye-rollingly chalk full of hyperbole.  And yet, if you call her on these kinds of crazy statements, you are "alt-right" or something equally nefarious.  I am waiting to see how many crazy things she can say before someone in the media finally starts calling her out on this stuff.  At least the WaPo started giving her Pinocchios, which was good to see.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/04/alexandria-ocasio-cortezs-trillion-mistake/?utm_term=.be307a1b49a1

But that is the thing- AGW, is our watershed moment- she was just trying to draw a parallel between how the Whole of America can together and worked together after Pearl Harbour was bombed- which is true, it';s going to take everyone pulling together to combat AGW. No hyperbole there. 

The Pinocchios were for her statement about the 21 trillion being absorbed by pentagon spending- which is wrong. Is that what you were refering to?

why not make it $50 trillion?  $60 trillion?  At that level it's just monopoly money anyway.  And completely unrealistic.

WHy is it unrealistic? did you even read the article link I posted? It is a well written article. 

LOL- yes spending mega-trillions of dollars you don't have like Venezuela did and saying that maybe doing the EXACT same thing is probably not a good idea is a "Fox Talking Point".  This made me laugh, hysterically.

But they do have that money though... you just need to shift priories. So laugh all you want- it is possible.

If you want "good discourse", then drop the deliberate obtuseness angle.  Of course the DNC is going to destroy any chance that AOC will have for real power.  They have extremely wealthy elitists to protect just like the RNC.  The DNC has to protect them, that's who funds them.  That's how politics works.  Everywhere.  And that's why the DNC isn't going to allow AOC to get past where she is right now.  That's why they knifed Bernie in the back.  And you know this, you aren't stupid.  It's ok to criticize the DNC once in awhile, and question your confirmation biases. It's actually healthy.

Thanks for your nonsensical reply- always appreciate it. 

15 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Just because I ask questions, somehow it's a "stretch" for me?  Why can't I ask questions?  Why is it always such a threat when anything is questioned?  Why are people so scared of questions?

Ask questions- absolutely. But your questions are disingenuous- they are not meant to promote discussion or further a scientific cause - it's always cherry-picking a small data point and discarding THE ENTIRE theory that thousands of scientists agree upon. It is a threat when people try and sow doubt and are unwitting participants of a disinformation campaign. It's like all those people that sowed doubt on cigarette smoking severely increases your chances at lung and heart disease- it's ****.

So yeah- people should be scared of that, when disinformation on sound science leads us away from making good decisions from an evidence based approach. and the stakes are considerably higher now. 

16 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

LOL - whatever lets you sleep at night.

"LOL" good discourse, good discourse. you keep it up- smug looks good on you. 

On 2019-02-09 at 7:33 PM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

But that is the thing- AGW, is our watershed moment-

"watershed moment"?  Really?  That's your opinion, and that's fine, but that's just your opinion.

she was just trying to draw a parallel between how the Whole of America can together and worked together after Pearl Harbour was bombed- which is true, it';s going to take everyone pulling together to combat AGW. No hyperbole there. 

World War 2 was a cataclysmic event that resulted in the death of tens of millions of people.  To compare an unproven scientific hypothesis to that war is not only hyperbole, is incredibly disrespectful.  It's virtue-signaling and dog whistling to her base.  I've been reading a lot about how Trump started and how AOC is now starting, and it is horrifyingly similar.  They both make outrageously silly statements, and outright lie as the WaPo pointed out, and yet their base just shrugs and accepts it.  Then the other side goes bananas and calls the person all kinds of names, which just endears them further to their base.  AOC = Trump on so many levels its actually kind of scary.

The Pinocchios were for her statement about the 21 trillion being absorbed by pentagon spending- which is wrong. Is that what you were refering to?

yes, but there's been so many other blatant lies that have been just "shrugged off" by her base.  It's really scary.

But they do have that money though... you just need to shift priories. So laugh all you want- it is possible.

oh man, and laugh I do.  I love how the gender pay gap is "a complex issue", as is so many other invented and imaginary problems that are purely designed to create a victim complex of a sub-group, but yet, finding $40 trillion to blow on far left dreams and rainbows is simple.  You just need to "shift priories" (sic).  Yes, it's just that easy.  I just burst out laughing every time I read this.  I am glad we have free health care, as I will need to get some pain-killers for my sore ribs.

Thanks for your nonsensical reply- always appreciate it. 

On 2019-02-09 at 7:47 PM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Ask questions- absolutely. But your questions are disingenuous-

This comment is right up there with the term "alternative facts".   "Disingenuous questions".  There is no such thing.  There are "disingenuous statements", such as saying that there are "hundreds of billions of dollars" of clean-up costs in Alberta from abandoned wells.  This is not true.  Not even remotely true.  Just like saying the FA in Fort Chip have high rate of cancer.  Not true.  And yet these comments were made.  And no "enlightened" person even questioned these comments, other than Mark, who did the research.  Questioning bizarre and false statements is not "disingenuous".  It is just that.  Asking questions.  I will repeat my previous comment - why does questioning false statements make certain people so uncomfortable?  Why?  Is it because no one questions you?  Are you just not capable of answering questions?

"LOL" good discourse, good discourse. you keep it up- smug looks good on you. 

and being a cowardly Orwellian NPC berating people for asking simple questions and calling out false statements looks really bad on you.

On ‎2019‎-‎02‎-‎08 at 11:20 AM, blue_gold_84 said:

image69.png

This is climate glacial - interglacial, the scale is about 100,000 years, everything else is just noise, so excuse me if I don't sound the alarm bells.