The Environment Thread

Wanna-B-Fanboy

18 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

But the thing is... they are.

Give me a list of prominent skeptics that you hold in high esteem. 

Tim Ball

William Happer

Anthony Watts

Of course now cue the Desmog blog cut and paste smearing of all three of these guys, or the idiotic "denier" word being pulled out of someone's arse as the standard response to anyone who dares question the narrative.  Anyone who dares question the man-made climate change myth in the scientific community is immediately black balled by the PC gang and the lies about where their motivations lie (always always "Big Oil" apparently) are invented.  Just total garbage.

8 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Tim Ball

William Happer

Anthony Watts

Of course now cue the Desmog blog cut and paste smearing of all three of these guys, or the idiotic "denier" word being pulled out of someone's arse as the standard response to anyone who dares question the narrative.  Anyone who dares question the man-made climate change myth in the scientific community is immediately black balled by the PC gang and the lies about where their motivations lie (always always "Big Oil" apparently) are invented.  Just total garbage.

there are more skeptics that  the msm wants to tell you.

ever hear that nasa says the ice is growing in antarctica?

On 27/08/2016 at 11:13 AM, Mark F said:

how bout responding with something other than an insult?

hi, climate is science, not politics, and is neither left right nor center.

How bout explaining why someone who thinks the earth is hollow is worth five seconds of my time?

it's cute how you say climate is not politics.    it's all about politics.  you dont that think some people are getting rich from the 'green' movement?  

they make you pay more for less and even for nothing.

step 1: convince the people they're evil and killing the earth.

step 2: create a carbon tax to solve the made up problem and take away more freedom for the 'greater good'. all the while lining the pockets of the elite. 

whoever wins the presidency wins control of the Supreme Court.  It's important for Big Green that Hillary win at all costs, as she will keep the taps flowing with rivers of government cash (billions upon billions) with zero accountability, and she also will replace a "denier" (Scalia) with a pro-global warming myth believer on the Supreme Court, which means total and absolute power to enforce the narrative, including making the EPA one of the most powerful, unaccountable, utterly corrupt, and completely unelected government bodies on the planet, next to the EU and the UN.

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Of course now cue the Desmog blog cut and paste smearing of all three of these guys,

a bit of preemptive smearing by you. rather than name call,

can you direct us to some source, where desmog blog is discredited? 

Edited by Mark F

I guess Kelowna Bomber fan, Exxon has been duped too, cause here's what one of their Vice Presidents said.

March 31 2014. From their website:

" “It is equally essential that society manages the risk of climate change by increasing energy efficiency and by investing in research into technologies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions."

They must really be twisting in a knot duping themselves like this.

and Kelowna bomber fan, can you show us anything that discredits Desmog blog other than you're name calling? Looking forward to seeing it. what have you got besides some name calling?

Edited by Mark F

More dupes..... the  insurance industry

"Multi-national insurers with more than $1.2 trillion in assets under management have urged governments to commit to phasing out fossil fuel subsides by 2020 at the G20 leaders' summit in Hangzhou, China next month.

Mark Wilson, CEO of Aviva plc, said, "Making a profit is essential in business. But we will only be in business in the future if we act sustainably and create wider long term social value. That's just good business - and not acting sustainably is very bad business indeed."

He said climate change in particular represents the mother of all risks - to business and to society as a whole"

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

a bit of preemptive smearing by you. rather than name call,

can you direct us to some source, where desmog blog is discredited?

oh barf.  Here's the logic pretzel you want to tie yourself in.   So what you are saying is that you support attacking people and smearing them on websites if they have the audacity to stand up to the strictly enforced narrative, that everyone MUST accept, for fear of being black-balled.  You want to support online bullying of anyone who dares have a different opinion than yours.  That's what you are saying.  I think you would be a really big hit in North Korea and China with this attitude.  I honestly don't know if Desmog talks about these guys at all, I was just giving a pre-emptive strike as I know that as soon as you mention anybody in the scientific community who questions the AGW fraud, the AGW religionists run off to Desmog and cut and paste a bunch of garbage about said scientists, and how they must be in the pay of Big Oil because their room-mate's cousin pumped gas in high school at Domo. The real issue isn't just one website that likes to smear people they don't agree with, it's the scientific community in general.  The attacks and hatred is just off the charts for anyone who dares disagree or even questions even the nuttiest conclusions about AGW's existence.  WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!! is the only acceptable panic-striken narrative, and if you dare to disagree, be prepared for the crap-storm from the lunatic fringe.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

More dupes..... the  insurance industry

"Multi-national insurers with more than $1.2 trillion in assets under management have urged governments to commit to phasing out fossil fuel subsides by 2020 at the G20 leaders' summit in Hangzhou, China next month.

Mark Wilson, CEO of Aviva plc, said, "Making a profit is essential in business. But we will only be in business in the future if we act sustainably and create wider long term social value. That's just good business - and not acting sustainably is very bad business indeed."

He said climate change in particular represents the mother of all risks - to business and to society as a whole"

Right.  And that's the smart way to play it.  Some of the biggest winners in the AGW fraud are the insurance companies and the oil companies, who are receiving rivers of government money to come up with alternative fuel sources.  Why wouldn't you sit back and collect the cash from the suckers?  It's just good business.

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 3:36 PM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

But the thing is... they are.

Give me a list of prominent skeptics that you hold in high esteem. 

This is a very good site for anyone who is actually interested in listening to both sides of the argument objectively, all the main scientists can be linked from the site. I am neither an alarmist nor a denier, I just take issue with people who claim that 'the science' only supports one side. If you actually have been following the subject you would know that the alarmists have been steadily losing ground of late. Germany, UK and Australia have all started to swing away from the alarmists cry's of wolf.

http://www.climatedebatedaily.com/

34 minutes ago, pigseye said:

This is a very good site for anyone who is actually interested in listening to both sides of the argument objectively, all the main scientists can be linked from the site. I am neither an alarmist nor a denier, I just take issue with people who claim that 'the science' only supports one side. If you actually have been following the subject you would know that the alarmists have been steadily losing ground of late. Germany, UK and Australia have all started to swing away from the alarmists cry's of wolf.

Great post.  I am in the same boat.  Science should be about honest research and all points of view should be considered, including those that don't agree with what some claim to be the only acceptable narrative,

Here is a good debunking video of some of the bigger climate change myths. 

And yeah, Steven Crowder tries to add humour, but he also backs up everything he says with references and sources.  More than can be said about most other celebrities and fake-scientists. (I'm looking at you Bill Nye, the 'I'm not an actual Scientist-and I have-no-Phd' guy)

http://louderwithcrowder.com/top-5-climate-change-myths-debunked/#.V8cUSnlTHcs

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2016 at 5:19 PM, pigseye said:

That is quite a shitty site.

First off it sets the "argument" as having equal weight with it's too clever by half, lay out of having two columns of equal size.

-That is just silly- it's akin to giving Creationists equal weight as Darwinists (this a thing?) or... flat-Earthers and reality.

Secondly- it is rife with arguments that have been debunked by science. Note: denier claims being debunked by facts and data.  (seriously can't believe I need to add this clarification)

Like I said- it's a **** site and you should be ashamed to bring it up: it makes you look silly and uninformed. 

The site you posted is just as silly as if you were to post this travesty:

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/creation.shtml

On 31/08/2016 at 11:50 AM, basslicker said:

Here is a good debunking video of some of the bigger climate change myths. 

And yeah, Steven Crowder tries to add humour, but he also backs up everything he says with references and sources.  More than can be said about most other celebrities and fake-scientists. (I'm looking at you Bill Nye, the 'I'm not an actual Scientist-and I have-no-Phd' guy)

http://louderwithcrowder.com/top-5-climate-change-myths-debunked/#.V8cUSnlTHcs

Just for the record, you don't need a PhD to be a scientist... I am a scientist and I only have a bachelors. Hell I know people who do research too without a PhD and only a masters. Scientist is really just a catch all term for people who science. Now experts are probably all going to have doctorates but then again you can have a PhD in something unrelated and it doesn't make you an expert on a different subject. 

People need to stop looking simply at the what kind of education or background someone has and simply try and understand the topics and decide if what someone is saying makes sense or not. Too much appealing to authority going on. There are unfortunately a lot of people in this world who don't have the kind of mindset that allows them to form their own opinions based on evidence and need to be told what to think by "experts" 

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

There are unfortunately a lot of people in this world who don't have the kind of mindset that allows them to form their own opinions based on evidence and need to be told what to think by "experts" 

It's called the Politicization of science and it's big business.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhendrickson/2013/09/20/the-palpable-politicization-of-science-by-global-warming-alarmists/#1f40650d2015

Edited by pigseye
spelling

1 hour ago, pigseye said:

That Article was written 3 years ago and many of the "points" he brings up have been debunked. 

He said all the bullshite talking points (which have been disproved again and again):

- that there has been no warming in the last 16 years... 

-Climategate....

-97%

-Science was wrong before- so it must be now.

Very poor example. 

18 hours ago, pigseye said:

I wonder how they are going to keep this out of the press or will the narrative now become that CO2 is causing the ice cap to freeze?

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2016/09/25/record-arctic-sea-ice-growth-in-september/

Random guy on free wordpress blog?  Who is Paul Homewood?  Does he have any credentials?  Pretty sketchy if you ask me.  Interesting nonetheless.

Edited by Atomic

On ‎29‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 4:07 PM, Atomic said:

Random guy on free wordpress blog?  Who is Paul Homewood?  Does he have any credentials?  Pretty sketchy if you ask me.  Interesting nonetheless.

What you say is exactly the problem today. The data is linked right in the article to NOAA and the DMI.

Unless you take the time to look for this, you won't find it in the main stream media.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/sep/30/james-lovelock-interview-by-end-of-century-robots-will-have-taken-over

Even their own are stating to see the light

Lovelock now believes that “CO2 is going up, but nowhere near as fast as they thought it would. The computer models just weren’t reliable. In fact,” he goes on breezily, “I’m not sure the whole thing isn’t crazy, this climate change. You’ve only got to look at Singapore. It’s two-and-a-half times higher than the worst-case scenario for climate change, and it’s one of the most desirable cities in the world to live in.”