Going after Hufnagel?

TrueBlue4ever

40 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pursue John Hufnagel to become both head coach and GM of the Bombers for next year?

• Yes
    • No

Now that John Hufnagel is stepping aside as head coach in Calgary for Dave Dickenson, rumours are floating around that he would still like to be a head coach as well as a GM, and that Saskatchewan may be interested in him, notwithstanding their request to interview assistant GM John Murphy for the GM job. Simple question, would you be in favour of the Bombers going after Hufnagel for the dual coach/GM role in Winnipeg for next year and dumping the current regime, or stick with what we have and let them continue to shape the team their way?

Miller won't fire Walters, c'mon guys...The Bombers would never be willing to pay what Huff would want anyway. You already know that. Why even talk about it? Because it's fun to speculate about people that'll never come here & be hired? Shoot me now to put me out of my misery.  

Dare to dream ISO. Dare to dream.

Miller won't fire Walters, c'mon guys...The Bombers would never be willing to pay what Huff would want anyway. You already know that. Why even talk about it? Because it's fun to speculate about people that'll never come here & be hired? Shoot me now to put me out of my misery.  

Dare to dream ISO. Dare to dream.

I'm beginning to dream of a Stanley Cup because it's more realistic than the Bombers winning a Grey Cup. . Grey Cup? I've given up dreaming that. I love the Bombers. Wish I could attend more games. Always cheer for them but a Grey Cup in my lifetime?  Meh. I almost don't care anymore if we win a Grey Cup. Hate to say it, but the last 3 years have just about sucked me dry as a fan.  

I did post the 1990 Grey Cup win again ... ;) thankfully I was 29 when that happened ... when my grandchildren have grandchildren they may see another win :(

Ottawa will have won more GCs than Winnipeg before Winnipeg wins another GC.

At one time this thought would have ticked me off, now I just want the team to prove these kind of statements wrong. So far they have failed miserably at it ...

I did post the 1990 Grey Cup win again ... ;) thankfully I was 29 when that happened ... when my grandchildren have grandchildren they may see another win :(

Ottawa will have won more GCs than Winnipeg before Winnipeg wins another GC.

At one time this thought would have ticked me off, now I just want the team to prove these kind of statements wrong. So far they have failed miserably at it ...

I would be super happy if they made me eat my words. Based on the last several years though I will continue to starve.

Miller might have a change of heart when the season ticket drive starts. 

Too late by then. Hey, who has suffered more? Ourselves or Cleveland Browns fans? Johnny Football is back to his partying ways now they handed the keys of the franchise to him for the rest of the year. 

Jog my memory, can anybody tell me when was the last time an organization who at no point was to fire their  GM/HC ,  and just dump said  GM/HC  out of the blue for another like this?

Ticats turfed HC Cortez after just one year (6 wins) and demoted O’Billovich from GM to consultant so they could hire Austin when he became available.  I don't think they regret it.