Paris Attacks

The Unknown Poster

Agree Jacquie

It's a terrible problem....

The Nato countries have been bombing the middle east without stopping, since 1990, from Bush senior, all through Clinton's "no fly zone" over Iraq, ( By 1999, the Department of Defense had flown over 200,000 sorties over Iraq.) to Bush junior's invasion, and thereafter right to today.

Basically twenty five consecutive years of bombing the middle east somewhere or other.

also, it's worth remembering, that after US attacked Afghanistan to destroy Bin Laden, the job was basically done. Al Quaeda was routed, scattered, and had almost nobody left.

Then the Americans and British, for some reason, under Bush and Blair, invaded Iraq, where the dictator was the enemy of Al Quaeda. There was no Al Quaeda of any kind in Iraq.

There is now.

This attack, is what the CIA calls "blowback"

Time to look for some other solution.

What are the refugees running from? Syria was a nasty country before ISIS. With 200 honor killings a year.

One poll has 36% of Syrian refugees opposed to the fight against ISIS. A greater percentage hate Jews, hate Gays and we know how many feel about women.

Let's pretend that of the 25,000 we are inviting here that none of sympathetic to ISIS, we are still inviting people, many of whom share beliefs that are diametrically opposed to our culture and standards. We do this and we allow it because of religious freedom.

ISIS is licking their lips. 25,000 minimally vetted refugees. ISIS has said they will hide their operatives among refugees. That's the problem.

France has one of the best counter terrorism agencies in he world and knew they were a target and had zero advanced warning this would happen. The US admitted there was no intelligence on this at all.

40% of Muslims in a UK poll supported Sharia law.

ISIS wants to drive a wedge between the west and moderate Muslims.

This week both the US and Canadian government said ISIS was not to be feared and had been contained. Who are they kidding??

What are the refugees running from? Syria was a nasty country before ISIS. With 200 honor killings a year.

One poll has 36% of Syrian refugees opposed to the fight against ISIS. A greater percentage hate Jews, hate Gays and we know how many feel about women.

Let's pretend that of the 25,000 we are inviting here that none of sympathetic to ISIS, we are still inviting people, many of whom share beliefs that are diametrically opposed to our culture and standards. We do this and we allow it because of religious freedom.

ISIS is licking their lips. 25,000 minimally vetted refugees. ISIS has said they will hide their operatives among refugees. That's the problem.

France has one of the best counter terrorism agencies in he world and knew they were a target and had zero advanced warning this would happen. The US admitted there was no intelligence on this at all.

40% of Muslims in a UK poll supported Sharia law.

ISIS wants to drive a wedge between the west and moderate Muslims.

This week both the US and Canadian government said ISIS was not to be feared and had been contained. Who are they kidding??

Speak for yourself when you say this and please don't use the pronoun "our," because you certainly don't speak for all of us.

And the principal that you're expounding, that we should discriminate against an entire group of people because of certain individuals sharing commonalities with that group, is a dangerous one.

as will I, for the most part its over sensitive, politically correct warriors that make a mountain out of a bump. Is it justified? sometimes. But way to often things are being blown out of proportion and something like the washington redskins name is one of them. suck it up buttercup the name wasnt made to slander or insult anyone and anyone offended by it is likely just bitching for the sake of bitching

Shows me you think you have the right to say or call anyone anything and its all ok cuz well you just think so.

Forget politics and how about jus have respect for people.

People need to earn respect. You dont have the right to be respected by everyone.

Go back and read my post. And then come back and use some common sense. Geeeeeeeeze

I did and the implication is that because of certain individuals, we should categorically close our borders to an entire group of people, Syrian refugees. This interpretation is supported by the post you made and I quoted below.

If I've misunderstood, it's because you lack clarity in your writing, not because I lack common sense.

@YanniKouts: #Greece PublicOrderMin Toskas confirms Paris attacker w Syrian passport was registered as refugee on Leros island in Oct. /via @AntennaNews

Who thinks Trudeau's plan for 25,000 refugees is a good idea?

Good lord. I provided numbers. 36% of Syrian refugees oppose the fight against ISIS

60+% hate Jews

90+% hate gays

Does that jive with your view of Canadian culture and standards?

ISIS has said they will hide operatives among refugees. Some put it as high as 1 in 50 refugees are ISIS supporters

But you think Trudeau's plan to rush 25,000 here in a timeline that doesn't allow for full and complete security vetting is acceptable?

Sorry. One attack on canada like the one on Paris is one too many.

I could push back on what you said in multiple ways, but, for the sake of argument, please post your sources.

Syrian refugee poll was Arab Centre for Research and Public Policy Studies, headquartered in Doha, Qatar.

What percent is okay with you? Is 25% of refugees wanting sharia law okay? 15%?

How many attacks on Canada like the one on Paris is okay with you? One? Three?

Boston marathon Bombers were refugees too. Just wanted to come enjoy a peaceful way of life.

Post the link.

Nope! Is it too much for you? You don't believe it? It's crazy but true. Don't even need polls. Use common sense

Syrians being radical? Can't be. Lol

"Don't even need polls. Use common sense." That is what you have just said to support your belief that a majority of a people are antithetical to you and your conception of Canada. That, unknown, is called xenophobia. 

Post the link.

Nope! Is it too much for you? You don't believe it? It's crazy but true. Don't even need polls. Use common sense

Syrians being radical? Can't be. Lol

"Don't even need polls. Use common sense." That is what you have just said to support your belief that a majority of a people are antithetical to you and your conception of Canada. That, unknown, is called xenophobia.

Nope. Because you neither want to apply common sense or use the procided facts. So you lose. Thanks! Back to my wine.

Oh you hate gays and Jews?

No, I just don't paint entire groups of people with the same brush or justify treating entire groups of people differently because of certain individuals within that group.

Well, terrorists & criminals are within that group you say we're painting so you can rage on. You can't change that. Most Canadians aren't against refugees coming here if they are screened properly so the criminal element aren't allowed in. Not just having the borders flung open so any Syrian refugee can come in.

No, I just don't paint entire groups of people with the same brush or justify treating entire groups of people differently because of certain individuals within that group.

Well, terrorists & criminals are within that group you say we're painting so you can rage on. You can't change that. Most Canadians aren't against refugees coming here if they are screened properly so the criminal element aren't allowed in. Not just having the borders flung open so any Syrian refugee can come in.

I'm sure this attack will heighten refugee scrutiny but they can't punish all refugees for the crimes of a few.

I'm sure this attack will heighten refugee scrutiny but they can't punish all refugees for the crimes of a few.

All Canadians ask is for their government to be responsible & make sure the people they let in have had the proper background checks & have been vetted properly. No one is saying we don't want refugees. Just that it is done properly over however long of a period of time that it takes.

All Canadians ask is for their government to be responsible & make sure the people they let in have had the proper background checks & have been vetted properly. No one is saying we don't want refugees. Just that it is done properly over however long of a period of time that it takes.

Exactly Iso. And anyone who calls someone else a Xenophobe for asking for this level of scrutiny is the one with the problem. It's fine to say you want to be compassionate and open the floodgates, but then don't be surprised when bombs are going off and people are being machine-gunned in restaurants by people you let walk in with no checks, all in the name of political correctness and feeling good about what an open-minded bleeding heart person you are. There's a real world out there, and a lot of people who are willing to die to enforce their will and religion on societies, using their own laws against them. And it's only going to get worse.

Exactly Iso. And anyone who calls someone else a Xenophobe for asking for this level of scrutiny is the one with the problem. It's fine to say you want to be compassionate and open the floodgates, but then don't be surprised when bombs are going off and people are being machine-gunned in restaurants by people you let walk in with no checks, all in the name of political correctness and feeling good about what an open-minded bleeding heart person you are. There's a real world out there, and a lot of people who are willing to die to enforce their will and religion on societies, using their own laws against them. And it's only going to get worse.

It's always easy to call someone xenophobic & racist. Asking for better security isn't asking too much. 

The sheer volume of racism and xenophobia I've seen on social media today makes me physically ill. Ashamed of our society.

Are you also ashamed of radical Islam for committing these vile acts?  I'm just curious.  

I am ill and ashamed that 129 innocent people in Paris were machine-gunned and blown up by radical followers of a religion that has been machine-gunning and blowing up people all over the world for decades, while due to political correctness, people keep turning a blind eye to it.  I am also ill and ashamed that thousands of people are killed every month by radical Islam in bombings and killings all over the world, and yet we only take notice when they bomb and kill in a country that we'd like to visit, and even then, our focus seems to be centered on making sure no one offends anyone while discussing the bombing and the killing, rather than discussing the sickness that caused the killing in the first place.  No one cares if Boko Haram machine guns an entire village of women and children in Nigeria, or if some lunatics blow up a bus in Yemen.  Who cares.  As long as they do it in places that don't matter, and no one offends anyone else.