'NHL is ready for gay player,'

Tonnes of lesbian fighters in the UFC, does anyone care...not at all.

So does each sport require each type of sexual preference to come out? What did Micheal Sam do for the gay community by coming out? Nothing at all.

Unknown poster.. For someone who wants people to safely come out it'd kind of weird to support wrestling which is awful to gay people. (See Golddust, Orlando Jordan in tna or Beautiful bobby locally) which ridiculed and made gay people look like monsters.

The gay hockey player has already came out (albeit under awful circumstances). You don't think Theo Fleury story isn't power enough?

You're remarks on wrestling are absurd. Please expand on what you mean so I can accurately respond.

To your other point again I simply say this: if you don't think this is a big deal or there is importance in coming out then so be it. But don't for one second think your opinion accurately reflects reality because it doesn't. As someone else said I think people think they are doing something good by saying "who cares" but there aren't undertansing the greater issue.

So does each sport require each type of sexual preference to come out? What did Micheal Sam do for the gay community by coming out? Nothing at all.

Unknown poster.. For someone who wants people to safely come out it'd kind of weird to support wrestling which is awful to gay people. (See Golddust, Orlando Jordan in tna or Beautiful bobby locally) which ridiculed and made gay people look like monsters.

The gay hockey player has already came out (albeit under awful circumstances). You don't think Theo Fleury story isn't power enough?

You're remarks on wrestling are absurd. Please expand on what you mean so I can accurately respond.

To your other point again I simply say this: if you don't think this is a big deal or there is importance in coming out then so be it. But don't for one second think your opinion accurately reflects reality because it doesn't. As someone else said I think people think they are doing something good by saying "who cares" but there aren't undertansing the greater issue.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x125y87_goldust-marlena-in-piper-s-pit-raw-3-4-96_sport 

And a whole bunch of stuff when he was facing Razor Ramon that was not so good.   I don't have all the clips but they made it seem like homosexuality was disgusting.   But hey it is coming from the same place that had a 80 year old lady giving birth to a plastic hand so I guess wrestling shouldn't be used as an example of professional sports since it's pretty crass at times.  

Theo Fleury isn't gay. He was sexually assaulted by a pedophile. How can't you know there's a difference?

I could be totally wrong and I may apologize but I thought he continued the relationship well into his adult life?   Maybe I'm getting him mixed up with one of the other victims.   As I said before it was under very sad and disgusting situation but never the less he was courageous to come out both for being a victim and for being either gay or bi.  

Theo Fleury isn't gay. He was sexually assaulted by a pedophile. How can't you know there's a difference?

I could be totally wrong and I may apologize but I thought he continued the relationship well into his adult life? Maybe I'm getting him mixed up with one of the other victims. As I said before it was under very sad and disgusting situation but never the less he was courageous to come out both for being a victim and for being either gay or bi.

What??

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x125y87_goldust-marlena-in-piper-s-pit-raw-3-4-96_sport

And a whole bunch of stuff when he was facing Razor Ramon that was not so good. I don't have all the clips but they made it seem like homosexuality was disgusting. But hey it is coming from the same place that had a 80 year old lady giving birth to a plastic hand so I guess wrestling shouldn't be used as an example of professional sports since it's pretty crass at times.

Wrestling has been far more accepting of gay performers than the big sports leagues. A person portraying a character is different. Goldust was portrayed as someone trying to mess with with his opponents and was asked on RAW by Lawler if he was gay and he said no.

Someone tried to hang this on me in another thread awhile back. Was that you? There is a lack of knowledge about gay issues or wrestling or both.

I could be totally wrong and I may apologize but I thought he continued the relationship well into his adult life? Maybe I'm getting him mixed up with one of the other victims. As I said before it was under very sad and disgusting situation but never the less he was courageous to come out both for being a victim and for being either gay or bi.

What??

A grown adult man sleeping with another man doesn't count?   I know it's under sad circumstances but I was under the impression that was the same?   

Why would you debate wrestling with me? I'm in the business.

Adonis developed the gimmick himself and used it after he left WWE. It wasn't a punishment. Doing the gimmick he was programmed with Hogan and Piper. You don't get programmed with them as punishment.

WWE consulted with the Gay & Lesbian alliance for the Billy and Chuck angle. Gunn later said he had no issue with it and would do it again.

there are many gay guys in wrestling both wwe and locally. If there is one "sport" that doesn't have an issue with it its wrestling.

Adonis developed the gimmick himself and used it after he left WWE. It wasn't a punishment. Doing the gimmick he was programmed with Hogan and Piper. You don't get programmed with them as punishment.

WWE consulted with the Gay & Lesbian alliance for the Billy and Chuck angle. Gunn later said he had no issue with it and would do it again.

there are many gay guys in wrestling both wwe and locally. If there is one "sport" that doesn't have an issue with it its wrestling.

Well I have met people in the business who had wrestling in front of 15 people at a community center...  doesn't really hold that much weight.   I consider local wrestling more of a hobby then a business.

That being said I'll agree to disagree and for the most part I'm just pushing your buttons.  

Plus you can't believe everything you read on the net,  the stories from Jason Sensation,  Leaping Lanny and a few others I think more then likely are heavily exaggerated and Vince in the end doesn't care who or what you do as long as you make a dollar.   As I said before... they had wrestlers causing miscarriages,  incest storylines,  senior citizen giving birth to a plastic hand,  and so many such wrong things that wrestling shouldn't be considered a "sport" that others should try to take examples from...

You're insults aside I'm not a guy who play wrestled in front of 15 people. My knowledge isn't from reading nonsense on the Internet. I've been in the business for nearly 15 years. You can disagree with me but it's an area where I have an expertise and colleagues at various levels.

Plus you're just plain wrong about gays in wrestling and you're taking a gimmick and pretending it's real to form a judgement. You looking foolish on the subject isn't pushing my buttons and this has gone way off topic but you wanted to discredit my opinion on gays in the NHL by attacking an industry of which you know little about.

But I think wrestling discussion can be kept to the wrestling thread.

As I said before... they had wrestlers causing miscarriages, incest storylines, senior citizen giving birth to a plastic hand, and so many such wrong things that wrestling shouldn't be considered a "sport" that others should try to take examples from...

You brought it up!

I could be totally wrong and I may apologize but I thought he continued the relationship well into his adult life?   Maybe I'm getting him mixed up with one of the other victims.   As I said before it was under very sad and disgusting situation but never the less he was courageous to come out both for being a victim and for being either gay or bi.  

Theo's not gay or bisexual. He was sexually molested by his junior hockey coach Graham James as was Sheldon Kennedy when they were teammates on the Swift Current Broncos as well as other players who have since come forward. 

Just having some fun at your expense! I'll continue on in the other thread

You're remarks about Fleury show you're not having fun. You legit believe your nonsense. Not my expense at all!

No I just like to bug local wrestling folks because they are extra sensitive.     They are a unique culture of massively insecure and overly dramatic peoples.   Mostly the ones who take it so seriously. I know you've read or used to read old wrestling forums,  they are great deal of fun of people taking the internet way to seriously.

It's ok i'll stop bugging you and clearly I don't believe in that stuff.  Sorry to have offended your culture.   

Just having some fun at your expense! I'll continue on in the other thread

You're remarks about Fleury show you're not having fun. You legit believe your nonsense. Not my expense at all!

No I just like to bug local wrestling folks because they are extra sensitive.     They are a unique culture of massively insecure and overly dramatic peoples.   Mostly the ones who take it so seriously. I know you've read or used to read old wrestling forums,  they are great deal of fun of people taking the internet way to seriously.

It's ok i'll stop bugging you and clearly I don't believe in that stuff.  Sorry to have offended your culture.   

So you are basically admitting that you are being a troll here?

Are you thinking of Mike Danton maybe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Danton

Are you thinking of Mike Danton maybe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Danton

That's the guy,    I remember it being in the news a long while back and for some reason I got it mixed up with Graham James incidents.     Crazy backstory and the CBC stuff was an interesting watch.