GDT: Saving The Season

Noeller

I didn't think the offense was all that bad, Goltz sadly forced those picks but for the most part he was much better then Pierce.. He actually had to time to throw in the first half.

Sad that Kelly looked better then Matthews has all year...

I know Douglas didn't play long, but wow was he horrible while he was in there, couldn't even get in front of Chick, Chick didn't even have to use a move on him.  Swiston was ok at tackle, his feet move well enough to play it and he knows the position from his whole life.  He never looks comfortable at guard.

Just me, but it seemed like our Offense worked ALOT better when we switched Swiston to Tackle and had Kowalchuk in at guard.  Douglas was getting beat like a rented mule all first quarter (Every play John Chick) so he is either still not ready or just isn't able to get back from his injury.

I didn't watch the game (Radio - Who else thought Penton was actually pretty decent as a color guy?) but it seemed like Swiston/Kowalchuk on the right side of the line were actually getting it done.

Are we going to see Pencer at any point this year, I know this is the first week he will be available.

What have we got to lose?  Another game?  At this point, let's get all of these "diamonds in the rough" as much playing time as possible.  Get Pencer in there swapping out with Swiston at tackle.  We need 4 NI's on the O-line, gives us so much more flexibility, including getting an import in at Safety and getting Cauchy off the field.

Are we going to see Pencer at any point this year, I know this is the first week he will be available.

If he is healthy, they would be stupid not to get him in the lineup to at least see what he can do.

If Sask can start Heenan at tackle this year after only one year, there is no reason why we can't start subbing in Pencer for at least a few plays a game.

With Etienne and Kohlert both likely out for the next game, I would suggest starting 4 import receivers (hello Mike Sims-Walker) and bringing Pencer onto the roster and starting 4 non-import OL.

I don't see any downside to this plan.  It's not like Swiston-Pencer tandem at tackle could be any worse than Boatman/Douglas.  And it would also mean we would have our only NI receiver as Watson out there, and we could keep Poblah off the field in favour of Sims-Walker or Doug Pierce.  It's win win.

Here is my hope for Pencer.  

When he does eventually get put in, he knocks a defender to the ground, and tells them that they can stop bringing the house every down, because they will have to pick a defender up off the field after every play.

Our O-Line needs to get meaner, knock someone on their ass, and show them that they are tired of having defences running rough-shod all over them.

Here is my hope for Pencer.  

When he does eventually get put in, he knocks a defender to the ground, and tells them that they can stop bringing the house every down, because they will have to pick a defender up off the field after every play.

Our O-Line needs to get meaner, knock someone on their ass, and show them that they are tired of having defences running rough-shod all over them.

Our OL wasn't bad once Douglas went out.  Way fewer blitzes as the game wore on and Goltz made some throws.  The big problem for our OL is that there is no respect for our QB's so teams are sending more than they can block, hard to get a good run block, can't pass block more than 4-5 without someone coming free.  That only changes when the QB in there makes some throws and forces the defence to spread out.

I didn't think the offense was all that bad, Goltz sadly forced those picks but for the most part he was much better then Pierce.. He actually had to time to throw in the first half.

Sad that Kelly looked better then Matthews has all year...

I know Douglas didn't play long, but wow was he horrible while he was in there, couldn't even get in front of Chick, Chick didn't even have to use a move on him. Swiston was ok at tackle, his feet move well enough to play it and he knows the position from his whole life. He never looks comfortable at guard.

Just me, but it seemed like our Offense worked ALOT better when we switched Swiston to Tackle and had Kowalchuk in at guard. Douglas was getting beat like a rented mule all first quarter (Every play John Chick) so he is either still not ready or just isn't able to get back from his injury.

I didn't watch the game (Radio - Who else thought Penton was actually pretty decent as a color guy?) but it seemed like Swiston/Kowalchuk on the right side of the line were actually getting it done.

Once again wasn't Douglas only on the field for two plays?

Our OL wasn't bad once Douglas went out. 

This - I was really worried when I heard Kowalchuk and Swiston were in... then suddenly it seemed like the offence was working way better

Agreed. You know...there are a few bright spots on this team...no sense killing ourselves with negativity...