Ladd and Buff

Ducky

The PP isn't really that big of an issue, it's the PK that is really killing them. Like POMO said in his PC today, there have been teams who ranked 30th in PP during the regular season win the stanley cup, I personally don't think that's exactly true but... teams near the bottom on the PP for sure, It's the PK that really matters. 

If you are having to score 2 or 3 PP guys a night to win a game, you don't deserve to win.

Look at last night... 4-3 final right....

Jets 0 for 2 on the PP

St Louis = 2 for 3

That's the difference, it's not the 0 for on the Jets that's the difference, it's the 2 PP goals by St Louis that is, Our PK sucks and until it improves... fun fact, if St Louis goes 0 for 3 on the PP, we win 3-2. The difference isn't the PP, it's the PK and last nights game, well, I don't think theres a better example out there that shows you that the PK makes all the difference in the WORLD...  we outscored St Louis, who is a damn good team 3-2 5 vs 5.... Stay out of the damn box, or kill these penalties off and we win.

The bigger problem is the taking of these penalties.... yeah some are weak, actually lowrys and the extra minor to scheif were both BS and weak calls, but... guess what, you don't take those penalties and we win the game... It's really that simple. Stay out of the box, Jets have a target on their back, they should realize that they aren't allowed to get away with what other teams are, yeah it's BS but... it is what it is. Time for the Jets to stop the bitching and complaining about the penalties and quite simply put, STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BOX. 

• 3 weeks later...

It'd be nice to get young NHL ready or almost ready defenseman in a deal including Ladd but I think he re-signs. Lawless asked him a question and he basically said he knew if he hadn't re-signed by the TD, he'd be traded.

Someone like Theodore or Juulsen or Mueller or Fleury or Sanheim.

Still on pace for 50 plus points. Ladd that is 

How's this one 

Drouin asked to be traded from Tampa 

Buff Burmi for Drouin 1st 2016 and or Slater KooKoo (sp??)  (LHD prospect ) taken 1 pick after Trouba in 2012 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Still on pace for 50 plus points. Ladd that is 

How's this one 

Drouin asked to be traded from Tampa 

Buff Burmi for Drouin 1st 2016 and or Slater KooKoo (sp??)  (LHD prospect ) taken 1 pick after Trouba in 2012 

Tampa has to smart here. Guys want out. So be it. They can restock the cupboard if they trade wisely. Letting Stamkos go to UFA wouldn't be wise. 

From all accounts he's the guy they are working on signing. From all accounts they haven't even talkedto Buff. Ladd will sign. Buff will be traded and in the long run.. Due to the rhd depth and lack of lw depth.... probably the right move. Personally I'd move them both but that's just me. I feel that its time to shake things up a bit so I'd look to mmove Ladd Buff Toby Even. I think Chevy and the Jets tho will sign Ladd and move the other 2. 

And I wouldn't trade Ladd or Buff straight up for Drouin.  His value is very low. Sorry but publicly announcing you want a trade = zero to no value at all. He's a prospect with 6 goals in 89 games.... attitude issues apparently. I don't give up much. Maybe Stuart and a 3rd at most.  Drouin won't get much back 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

And I wouldn't trade Ladd or Buff straight up for Drouin.  His value is very low. Sorry but publicly announcing you want a trade = zero to no value at all. He's a prospect with 6 goals in 89 games.... attitude issues apparently. I don't give up much. Maybe Stuart and a 3rd at most.  Drouin won't get much back 

Not going to get him for Stuart and a 1st never mind Stuart and a 3rd. He's a year older than Ehlers.

He has about 40 points in 89 games in the NHL. Ehlers has 13 in 38. If Ehlers startd off slowly and was shipped to the Moose, would you trade him for Stu and a 1st?

Totally different scenario. Drouin went public with his trade request. That's the part that lowers his value. TBH I don't even want Drouin.  He's another small guy... Jets don't really need him even. Someone will overpay for him. I hope it's not Chevy 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Totally different scenario. Drouin went public with his trade request. That's the part that lowers his value. TBH I don't even want Drouin.  He's another small guy... Jets don't really need him even. Someone will overpay for him. I hope it's not Chevy 

As soon as there are more than one team interested, the value goes up ... and guaranteed if the Jets offered Stuart and a third, some other team would offer more.

TB owns the asset for years to come.  Drouin has no leverage.  TB will let him sit and rot rather then trade him for below market value.  It isn't like he is a core piece of their lineup that they need to replace if he sits out.  TB can afford to wait more than Drouin can.

47 minutes ago, Rich said:

As soon as there are more than one team interested, the value goes up ... and guaranteed if the Jets offered Stuart and a third, some other team would offer more.

TB owns the asset for years to come.  Drouin has no leverage.  TB will let him sit and rot rather then trade him for below market value.  It isn't like he is a core piece of their lineup that they need to replace if he sits out.  TB can afford to wait more than Drouin can.

I agree with all of that but... Normally when a guy comes out and requests a trade, it doesn't really end all that well. Think Drouins time is up.